PDA

View Full Version : 2250. Mobile and Shooty Empire (Not gunline)

elite_dannux
10-06-2007, 19:05
Updated the list again, the old one didnt feel good and just felt cheesy.

I have a problem with this list: i have 78pts left and i dont know what to do with them. Any suggestions?

CHARACHTERS

Arch Lector
Barded Horse, Shield, Heavy Armour
Van Horstmans Speculum, Mace of Helsturm
245pts

Warrior Priest
Barded Horse, Shield, Heavy Armour
Icon of Magnus, Sword of Might
155pts

Warrior Priest
Horse
Armour of Meteoric Iron, Hammer of Judgement
150pts

Wizard lvl2
Horse, Dispelscroll, Wizard Staff
145pts

CORE

Flaggelants x15
150pts

Handgunners x10 Musician
->Handgunners x5
->Handgunners x5
165pts

Handgunners x10 Musician
->Handgunners x5
->Handgunners x5
165pts

SPECIAL

IC Knights x6 Full Command, Warbanner
221pts

IC Knights x6 Full Command
196pts

IC Knights x6 Full Command
196pts

Pistoliers x5 Musican, Repeater Pistol
114pts

RARE

DOW Cannon
85pts

DOW Cannon
85pts

TOTAL: 2172pts

Be Afraid
10-06-2007, 21:56
personally, i would swap both canons for morters

also, i would use the saved 50 pts, + take off the wizard's barded mount, drop the capt.'s halbird and pistol, and drop 1 knight for another unit of pistoliers

elite_dannux
11-06-2007, 03:02
I cant have another unit of pistoliers as it is now. All 4 special slots are used.
Only way to free another slot would be to drop the IC Knights or a cannon and both are quite important.

How about the rest of the army? Is it ok? Is it a viable choise?

adivito
12-06-2007, 16:06
if you're replacing foot soldiers with gunners and archers in this list, do you think the gunners will be able to do significant damage to the point that your knights will be able to sweep up? The knights will be going against blocks of infantry probably so in the combat your down 3 ranks and outnumber, banner in a head on charge. Knights have to flank and deal some wounds to have a chance at an infantry block. Flanking is easier said than done.

Mephistofeles
12-06-2007, 23:18
Well, I think that this could work, and to the criticism about the knights I just say that with that much shooting and that many units of knights, his opponent will almost always have lost a rank (if not two) before combat and the, if played right, he will have to turn to face a unit of knights in order to not get flanked by them.

With these many units of knights, he should always have two units against him, meaning that he will always be flanked...if played right that is.

Then again, I think that 1-2 units of spearmen would work wonders, just 20 of 'em (even if 25-30 is to prefer) will even the odds. If you take out the captasus and a unit of knights or handgunners, there you have your two units of spearmen, and I think it would work better.

Then of course, if you just want your shooting and cavalry, then don't add blocks, keep with your theme. I would however drop the captasus, I played with one for some time (sometimes two!) and they, quite frankly, don't do what you want them to...

I would also keep the cannons if I were you, at least one of them, they are priceless!

elite_dannux
13-06-2007, 18:16
ok thanks.
Should i drop 3 units of crossbow detachments and the repeater handguns so that i can afford to buy full command for all my knights?

rexim
14-06-2007, 16:45
I would:
1. drop the pegasus captain
2. make your big knight unite to eleven with the banner that makes them caus fear on the charge.
3. get an WP on a horse with sigil of sigmar, and put him were u need him.
4. look over if you not could make all repeater handgunns to hochland, and make your pisstolliers to outriders with a champ with hochland. Ithink u'll need them to shoot down charakters.

elite_dannux
15-06-2007, 21:43
I have updated the list some.

What do you think of is now?

theunwantedbeing
15-06-2007, 21:49
Looks a lot like a gunline if you ask me.
It's got the 20 handgunners + 2 cannons and a steam tank to fit the gunline bill prettymuch perfectly.
The scroll caddy wizard as well,plus with some knights to back it all up.

Saying something isnt a gunline when it is isnt clever mate.
I was assuming your "mobile and shooty" list wouldnt include any static war machines or handgunner lines...seeing as those arent very "mobile" although they are very "shooty".

Lose your gunline stuff....ie. drop the cannons for pistoliers,take troops that can move AND shoot.

Then you'll have a mobile shooty list.
As opposed to a gunline with cavalry and a steam tank.

cisse
16-06-2007, 13:31
Nice list, not too gunline-ish.

Only thing I'd do is swap some handgunners for crossbowmen, to add some range.

elite_dannux
25-06-2007, 08:27
Updated the list again.