PDA

View Full Version : 4 random questions

Sneaky Gitz
10-06-2007, 21:57
Do magic spells or magic weapons ignore ward saves?

Does anything happen when taking a wound from a weapon that is double or more strength than your toughness? Like an auto kill for multiple wound models?

Do mixed model units get rank bonus? Like squigs herds or giant rat packs?

Does the Skaven enchanted item Warpstone Charm let the skaven player reroll even enemy dice rolls? Does it work for only single dice rolls like armor saves or can it be used on leadership rolls (example: you roll a 1 and a 6 for a break test but you use the warpstone charm to reroll the 6)?

Thanks!

Masque
10-06-2007, 22:08
Do magic spells or magic weapons ignore ward saves?

Not unless they specifically say they do.

Does anything happen when taking a wound from a weapon that is double or more strength than your toughness? Like an auto kill for multiple wound models?

Nothing special happens.

Yes.

Does the Skaven enchanted item Warpstone Charm let the skaven player reroll even enemy dice rolls? Does it work for only single dice rolls like armor saves or can it be used on leadership rolls (example: you roll a 1 and a 6 for a break test but you use the warpstone charm to reroll the 6)?

Only dice rolled by the character with the Charm can be re-rolled. I think it is only a single die that gets re-rolled.

Thanks!

You're welcome.

Atrahasis
10-06-2007, 22:10
Do magic spells or magic weapons ignore ward saves?No.

Does anything happen when taking a wound from a weapon that is double or more strength than your toughness? Like an auto kill for multiple wound models?No.

Do mixed model units get rank bonus? Like squigs herds or giant rat packs?Yes.

Does the Skaven enchanted item Warpstone Charm let the skaven player reroll even enemy dice rolls? Does it work for only single dice rolls like armor saves or can it be used on leadership rolls (example: you roll a 1 and a 6 for a break test but you use the warpstone charm to reroll the 6)?You can reroll any one D6 that the character with the item rolled. In other words, one armour save, one ward save, one dice from a casting roll or leadership test, or any other single D6 controlled by that model.

Thanks!You're welcome.

DeathlessDraich
11-06-2007, 09:38
Just adding to the answers above:

Warpstone Charm:
"the bearer gets to roll any dice"
which is similar to
Tzeentch's will "the Daemon gets to roll any dice"

In both these cases the re-rollable dice are the ones which affect the roller i.e. 'bearer'

but different from Second Sign of Amul
"the player rerolls dice..."

In this case, the 'player' gets the re-rolls i.e. any dice affecting his army is re-rollable.

In all cases Artillery and Scatter dice are not included.

Aelyn
11-06-2007, 11:38
To clarify DeathlessDraich, I believe the official stance is that "Re-roll" means to take a just rolled standard d6 and literally re-roll it. It can be a d6 rolled as part of 2d6, 3d6 etc, and can be a d6 rolled to determine a d3 value (as the rules say to roll a d3 you first roll a d6) but cannot be used to re-roll scatter dice, artillery dice, or any other die which isn't a standard 1-6 d6.

However I believe the dice re-rollable for the Warpstone charm are not ones which affect the character but ones rolled on behalf of the character - in other words, you can reroll your own "To Hit" dice but not your opponent's, despite the fact the opponent's is the one that "affects" the model.

DeathlessDraich
11-06-2007, 12:23
Yes, agreed - a better explanation.

huitzilopochtli
11-06-2007, 22:40
Thanks!

just another question this reminded me of, if you can put saurus characters in skink units, can you put skink characters in saurus units?

Cragspyder
11-06-2007, 22:42
just another question this reminded me of, if you can put saurus characters in skink units, can you put skink characters in saurus units?

You sure can, it just gets a little awkward to rank up.