PDA

View Full Version : Can you still order old models?

Sojourner
11-06-2007, 10:47
Some time ago GW mail order used to advertise the fact that they'd happily get any model for you, even if they had to dig out the moulds and cast some there and then. Do they still do this? Suppose I wanted, oh, metal bretonnian bowmen from 1997. I'd be disappointed if this isn't still available.

pookie
11-06-2007, 10:59
i beleive it was only at warhammer world where they would do that.

some OOP modles are still available, but as for the one your talking about.... im not sure. maybe head over to the GW Webstite, or ring mail order to check?

Mad Doc Grotsnik
11-06-2007, 11:16
Phoning Mail Order can be your best, or worst, option. Sometimes, they'll be a bit anal and need a code, other times they are happy to search. I guess it depends how their day has been!

Jedi152
11-06-2007, 11:20
Warhammer World used to offer anything GW have ever made (with the exception of things with expired licences - old LOTR, Doctor Who and Elric etc.) but that's been receded.

Now they do stock collectors stuff on the online store, and a few bits that aren't on the online store, but not much.

5th metal Bret archers available, but not cheap at 2.50 each. On the other hand i have 10 including command if you want them...

scarletsquig
11-06-2007, 12:15
There's a *lot* of things still on the website, and available to order if you look - including most of the rogue trader range.

Angelwing
11-06-2007, 14:18
There's a *lot* of things still on the website, and available to order if you look - including most of the rogue trader range.

trouble being that you need either luck or the code to find them. I find it very difficult to locate old stuff.

ScooterinAB
11-06-2007, 20:07
Try the search function in the store. If you know exactly what you are looking for, you can find stuff that isn't listed in the store.

yankeeboy
11-06-2007, 23:24
Frankly, the GW search engine feature is pretty sucky, at best. The easiest way to find any model that is still avialable, whether current, classic, archive, direct only, etc, is the complete catalogue.

Worth every penny.

http://store.us.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.us?do=List_Models&code=305295&orignav=305295&ParentID=258840&GameNav=305239

Hywel
12-06-2007, 01:28
trouble being that you need either luck or the code to find them. I find it very difficult to locate old stuff.

Using Stuff of Legends ( www.solegends.com/citadel/index.htm ) can often help give you product codes and the exact naming of the model you're after (eg "Halberdier 9") which means you can find a surprising amount even on the online store and even more by phone.

yankeeboy
12-06-2007, 01:42
But so many of the product codes have changed, so Stuff of Legends is an extremely out of date and tenuous way to find older product that you want to order.

It's simply so much easier to spend $20 on the catalogue. It's INSANELY HUGE and lists every single product that GW sells. It's also helpful since it has the up to date and accurate product code numbers for every model, including anything from Stuff of Legends/older scuplts that are still available.

For example, if I look up Rogue trader models in Stuff of Legends, a large number of them simply aren't available anymore. But I don't know that from SOL: I'm literally SoL. Cross referencing the website from Stuff of Legends is equally inefficient, as I can't be sure that the item is actually unavailable, or simply hard to find using GW's ****ty search feature. I have often tried looking up specific parts in the GW search engine, and can't find them. Then I use the product codes from the catalogue and they pop right up. Similarly, there are items that are not reflected in the online search catalogue that are available and are listed in the print catalogue. I've looked them up in print, tried to order them online by submitting the product codes and found nothing. Then I go into my Gw store or call the direct mail service, give them the same product code, and find out they are definately available.

The web design team for the online catalogue certainly don't have an enviable job, but lots of companies find a way to track pieces in online catalogues and seem to do just fine. GW simply hasn't invested enough in their online technologies to make the process as smooth as other retailers. Look at how cumbersome their message boards were, as another example.

Besides, if you get the catalogue, it also has tons of conversion ideas, painting advice, colour schemes, as well as the models, blister, and bits listings.

Rogue Trader
13-06-2007, 00:19
which catalouge are you talking about yankke boy, when i went into my local gw, the only catalogue they had was the standard product cat of things that are on the shelfs and did not even break the minis down to thier components, its just box and blister codes. i have been after a component catalogue for ages, if you could drop me a pm that would be great or just post it up here. thanks

Ohman
13-06-2007, 09:29
The complete catalogue is a US thing I belive. It also lists the US codes which are different from the UK ones. So it is of very limited use for anyone not living in the US. Please correct me if I'm wrong!

snurl
13-06-2007, 09:38
The complete catalogue is a US thing I belive. It also lists the US codes which are different from the UK ones. So it is of very limited use for anyone not living in the US. Please correct me if I'm wrong!

You are correct, but if you call the UK mail order and tell them you have US numbers they can translate.

E-Bay is a great source of old models.

Also, try posting in the "wanted" section in the trading forum. It works.

DarthIbis
13-06-2007, 18:42
As far as the catalog goes...
Does anyone know if GW will be releasing a new edition for 07-08 and if so when that might be expected to hit the shelves?

Also, I see that there are "collectors guides" out there for various armies/factions. What information is contained in there and how does it relate to what is in the (USA) Complete Catalog and Hobby Reference?

Templar Ben
13-06-2007, 18:49
You are correct, but if you call the UK mail order and tell them you have US numbers they can translate.

E-Bay is a great source of old models.

Also, try posting in the "wanted" section in the trading forum. It works.

Do the codes in system in the UK match the numbers on the sprues made there?

NakedFisherman
13-06-2007, 19:57
The US and UK codes are identical, actually.

yankeeboy
13-06-2007, 20:01
All of the part codes are the same, no matter what country you live in. The only difference is that actual price for the bits, which is all local. Provide the bits numbers to mail order service or to search online and you'll find everything you want from the book. It's really the best $20 you can spend if you buy a ton of GW stuff and love to convert.

I already included a link to the catalogue for online purchase in my previous post. Here it is again:

ONLINE US STORE TO PURCHASE COMPLETE CATALOGUE (http://store.us.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.us?do=List_Models&code=305295&orignav=305295 &ParentID=258840&GameNav=305239)

AFK in Life
13-06-2007, 20:18
http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=9947020301401&orignav=301116

Is that one of the ones you are looking for? if so they are all in the UK section of the classic and collectors models, so from there you should be able to get the codes to order in the US, some stuff is available some stuff isn't. And prices can go from reasonable to insane.

Templar Ben
13-06-2007, 20:22
The US and UK codes are identical, actually.

Okay that makes more sense. Seeing as that would make inventory so much harder for no reason.

Danteng7
14-06-2007, 02:30
All of the part codes are the same, no matter what country you live in. The only difference is that actual price for the bits, which is all local. Provide the bits numbers to mail order service or to search online and you'll find everything you want from the book. It's really the best $20 you can spend if you buy a ton of GW stuff and love to convert.

I already included a link to the catalogue for online purchase in my previous post. Here it is again:

ONLINE US STORE TO PURCHASE COMPLETE CATALOGUE (http://store.us.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.us?do=List_Models&code=305295&orignav=305295 &ParentID=258840&GameNav=305239)

I have the US complete Catalog too. But mine is the 2004 version. Its very very informative and almost as thick as the phone directory! I think its around a thousand pages... :D

Col.Gravis
14-06-2007, 13:19
GW UK does'nt seem too anymore... if it's not in the collectors guides or equivilients its not available is the messages I've been given. I tried to get hold of a load of the old Sentinel Assault Cannons last month and in the end had to order from GW US to get em.

Arkzein
14-06-2007, 14:17
Holy hell, $60 odd shipping for that to the UK.... whatever happened to the annuals that used to have the same over here?

Col.Gravis
15-06-2007, 11:19
Nah was only about $30, with about $90 of components (ordered more then enough to avoid any future orders lol)

Opus T. Penguin
17-06-2007, 22:46
There's virtually nothing left of the Rogue Trader era stuff still available, as far as I can tell, unless you play Space Marines or Tyranids.

Senbei
22-06-2007, 11:27
I don't think the RT Nids have been avaliable for a long, long time. Certainly you haven't been able to get the 'non-warrior' Nids from the RT book for a long time. The plastic ASC Nids and Zoats are both 'non' and I'm pretty sure GW have scrapped the plastic arm sprues needed for the old 'stealers and hybrids.