PDA

View Full Version : Decent 2250?

Red_Lep
11-06-2007, 19:32
I'm constantly jumping between wanting to do HE, Empire, Slaanesh, and DoW armies ideas and I'm back to Empire. Does this look any decent to play?

Heroes- 619

Templar Grand Master- 245
Laurels of Victory
Holy Relic

Captain- 78
Barded Warhorse
Full Plate Armor
Shield
Lance

Warrior Priest- 148
Two-Handed Hammer
Heavy Armor
Shroud of Magnus

Warrior Priest- 148
Two-Handed Hammer
Heavy Armor
The White Cloak
Sigil of Sigmar
.................................................. .................................
Core- 1352

2x Swordsmen(24)- 169 {314}
Full Command
~Archers(10)- 80
~Free Company(15)- 65

2x Knights(9)- 247
Full Command

2x Knights(5)- 115
.................................................. .................................
Special- 194

2x Pistoliers(5)- 97
Musician
Total- 2165

I like the WP and Reiksguard knights so I was wanting to make a good army with lots of contrast in the look. 2 war-torn Preist warbands with weathered clothing and rusted armor marching beside well-armed knights in polished armor.

RavenBloodwind
12-06-2007, 00:09
The list is fairly well done. Personally I can't see taking special characters and I think an empire general would suit you fine with fewer points.

The sword of might is really not all that useful, given that a lance gives you higher strength on the charge and if you fight a second round of combat you've really chosen your target poorly.

I'd drop the command from your smaller knight units as they are fairly soft and likely to cough up 100 vps when they break.

The absence of meaningful magic and shooting put you at high risk from both in the early rounds as your infantry slog across the field. Just make sure you aggressively hunt both warmachines and mages as quickly as possible (pistoliers should be pretty good for this).

Red_Lep
12-06-2007, 01:59
The list is fairly well done. Personally I can't see taking special characters and I think an empire general would suit you fine with fewer points.

The sword of might is really not all that useful, given that a lance gives you higher strength on the charge and if you fight a second round of combat you've really chosen your target poorly.

I'd drop the command from your smaller knight units as they are fairly soft and likely to cough up 100 vps when they break.

The absence of meaningful magic and shooting put you at high risk from both in the early rounds as your infantry slog across the field. Just make sure you aggressively hunt both warmachines and mages as quickly as possible (pistoliers should be pretty good for this).

Thank you :D

If it wasn't for the fact that Kurt was the Reiksmarshal(they're my favorite knights) I'd take a Templar with Laurels/Relic or a General. As for the SoM on the Captain, I don't see the ability to give him a lance or I wold but since I'm dropping the command on the smaller units of knight I can get him something better.

Red_Lep
12-06-2007, 02:26
Your right, I think I will swap to a different character. I like the Laurels/Relic set-up for the Templar but whats a good set-up for the General?(other than Runefang)

RavenBloodwind
12-06-2007, 03:01
For captain and lance issue, Empire book p75. Under mounts it states "if mounted may have a lance @4 pts (similar entry for lords).

As to the general vs. templar GM for your list take the GM. Call him Helborg's lieutenant. After all the Reiksguard is a huge organization. Equipment wise I'd go defensive if you take the general (Dawn armor and a ward save) and you idea for templar is fine.

Red_Lep
12-06-2007, 04:02
I've made some changes but I'm not sure of what to do with the remaining points. I could add some huntsmen for warmachines/harrass, upgrade big units to inner circle, or give my Captain some magic items. Which would you advise?

(changes above)

RavenBloodwind
12-06-2007, 04:17
With 60 pts you can't afford huntsmen.

Some options include:
giving captain Aldred's casket to help decrease incoming magic
give at least one knight unit a magic banner (warbanner is fine)
change one pistolier unit to outriders, changes their role but HUGE firepower