PDA

View Full Version : 2000 point Tomb King force

Caligula
12-06-2007, 14:02
Hey all. Some of you might have seen my 1000 point TK force posted here in the army lists forum recently, and I've just decided to up it to 2000 points. This force is mainly geared towards fighting Orcs and Goblins, however I think it makes for a decent all-rounder force as well. Please share your thoughts on it.

Tomb King-
Light Armour
Destroyer of Eternities
Collar of Shapesh
@268pts.

Icon Bearer-
Light Armour
Skeletal Steed
Icon of the Sacred Eye
@125pts.

Liche Priest-
Cloak of the Dunes
Neferra's Plaques of Mighty Incantations
@165pts.

Liche Priest-
Dispel Scroll
Hieratic Jar
@165pts.

24 Skeleton Warriors-
Shields
Light Armour
Standard Bearer
Banner of the Undying Legion
@251pts.

12 Skeleton Warriors
@96pts.

3 Chariots-
Standard Bearer
@140pts.

3 Chariots-
Standard Bearer
@140pts.

Tomb Scorpion
@85pts.

Tomb Scorpion
@85pts.

4 Ushabti
@260pts.

Screaming Skull Catapult-
Skulls of the Foe
@110pts.

Skulls of the Foe
@110pts.

TOTAL-2000pts.

Thoughts?

Caligula
12-06-2007, 14:04
Just to make things clear and to help you in understanding this army, the Tomb King goes with the unit of 24 Skeleton Warriors, the two Priests flit about where they're needed most, and the Icon Bearer joins the Ushabti, letting the Icon of the Sacred Eye really do its thing.

Other than that, the list seems pretty straight forward. What do you think?

Deceiver_666
12-06-2007, 17:10
Im not a fan of the destroyer on the king, imo swap it out for vambraces, armour of ages and a simple great weapon.
Also dont like the icon bearer, the ushabti will be fine on their own. get another priest in there.
Possibly swap the plaques and Hieratic jar, the extra spell will be of more tactical use at the end of the magic phase.
Remove the sandards from the chariot units, if they get stuck in combat, they will be crumbled easily as they cant kill a lot, and the banners will give the opponant an extra 100vps.
Imo use the points to bulk up the archer unit by 8, to the size where it can fight and shoot.

Caligula
12-06-2007, 19:54
Great, thanks for the advice, Deceiver. Here's some changes...

Tomb King-
Great Weapon
Armour of the Ages
Vambraces of the Sun
@226pts.

Liche Priest-
Cloak of the Dunes
Hieratic Jar
@160pts.

Liche Priest-
Neferra's Plaques of Mighty Incantations
@145pts.

Liche Priest-
Skeletal Steed
Staff of Ravening
@168pts.

24 Skeleton Warriors-
Shields
Light Armour
Standard Bearer
Banner of the Undying Legion
@251pts.

20 Skeleton Warriors
@160pts.

3 Chariots
@120pts.

3 Chariots
@120pts.

Tomb Scorpion
@85pts.

Tomb Scorpion
@85pts.

4 Ushabti
@260pts.

Skulls of the Foe
@110pts.

Skulls of the Foe
@110pts.

TOTAL-2000pts.

AMCSteel
13-06-2007, 02:32
I am a big fan of adding a mirage standard to one of the chariots, that usually allows it to get into it's initial charge with the full unit. I also split up my 20 skel bowman unit into two 10 man units. This usually helps in getting more shots off, for there may not be hills avialable to prop yourself off of. That and I play a lot of Wood Elf's that seem to wait out of range of my hills for me to come to them. It also allows more bowman coverage, when your oponent stacks all his units away from out 'always hits on 5's archers.

forgottenlor
13-06-2007, 07:17
I disagree with deciever, I think the collar and destroyer is an effective set up. The Tomb kings have so many good itmes though, and a defensive set up isnt bad either.