PDA

View Full Version : Demon armies... cheesy?

Valkyrie
12-06-2007, 18:44
Don't know wheather this has already been discussed, but in games around 500~1000pts armies consisting 'only' daemons would be cheesy? or it has extream downside, but,,, anyway. I was just day dreaming and thought it might be a pretty cheap army to start... so I'm just asking around...

Thanks
-sean

Sherlocko
12-06-2007, 18:51
Most deamons are extremly expensive for what they do, and at so small points I can imagine they have a hard time facing static CR, so I wouldn´t think so.

Valkyrie
12-06-2007, 19:09
coooool~~

so I'm getting them... boahahahaha

TheWarSmith
12-06-2007, 19:21
Can we campaign to strike out the word cheesy?
Daemons really aren't cheesy. They're not that easy to use and can be beaten down with magic fairly easily.

Go for it. Who the hell cares what some git in a game store THINKS of your army. you'll find games either way.

KingTut
12-06-2007, 19:32
The word cheesy is overrated
I realize that some army builds cannont adapt but I play Tomb Kings against Dwarves all the time. Having 16+ Casting Dice and having 1 incantation work is a real bummer.

Valkyrie
12-06-2007, 19:46
hmm... at 500pts I doupt its going to be difficult to use it, but when it gets to 1000pts its a different story. Most players having more than 1 Lv2 wizards will really kill my army... so maybe adopt a sorcerer???

theunwantedbeing
12-06-2007, 19:54
At 500pts you'll struggle with daemons,simply due to their high cost and low toughness.
Although your unlikely to face much that will have magic weapons,so thats a bonus.

Against multiple sorcerer's daemons really do struggle,as they cant generate many magic dice on their own or offer up much resistance to hostile spells,even khornate daemons will struggle.

The daemonic legion list does better,simply down to better options and a solid ward save,as well as a higher leadership to help prolonge the wait untill your inevitable "poof" roll for a break test.

As for calling them "cheesy"?
Okay the tzeentch horror army can be considered "cheesy" but thats about the only "cheesy" daemonic list available to you.

Calling daemons "cheesy" is like saying that zombies are uber killing machines....they clearly are anything but that.

Holy Crap! Manticores!
13-06-2007, 00:28
Can we campaign to strike out the word cheesy?
Daemons really aren't cheesy. They're not that easy to use and can be beaten down with magic fairly easily.

Go for it. Who the hell cares what some git in a game store THINKS of your army. you'll find games either way.I don't mind "cheesy" so much, as much as the fact that it gets thrown around way too much.

I agree that daemons are somewhat impressive on paper, but it's just a 5+ "ward" save, and armor saves are more or less non-existent, and limited to mark of Khorne daemons. Compare that to... never mind. You also have to careful about putting them into positions where instability will make them go poof.

Vattendroppe
13-06-2007, 07:07
No. With an army that small you still would have to think a good lot about your manouvering and pick your battles to win.

DarkLord Of Naggaroth
13-06-2007, 16:55
in games around 500~1000pts armies consisting 'only' daemons would be cheesy?

no it's not. not at all. Do what you want and kill anyone who says cheese.

:rolleyes: :( :mad:

:p