3 Chaos Trolls - 165

4 Minotaurs - 216
:two hand weapons, Standard, Bloodkine

4 Dragon ogres - 316
:Light armor, Great Weapon

75 Models
9 Casting Pool/ 6 Dispel Pool
1998 Points

couldn't change army category from empire to beastmen!

mightygnoblar
12-06-2007, 23:47
just a few things that i would change, firstly i wouldnt use the shaggoth champion, as it means losing the ambush rule, which in my oppinion is one of the best things about the beasts list he is also not a particulary hard comabt fighter because of his lack of magical equiptment

with beast herds i usually find the its better to have a higher amount of ungor than gor, as gor normally wont start to take casualties until the unit reaches combat

also unless your planning on using the shaggoth as a babysitter the trolls will be stupid half the game

another thing that i would like to point out is that the cost of the dragon orges is wrong, as you havernt paid the extra points for the equipment that you have given them

laughingman
13-06-2007, 01:26
drop the trolls, and make the gor ungor ratio better, 7 and 13, with the bray shamon it makes 21 and you have plenty of casualties and you need 6 kills on the first turn to take a panic test, instead of five with 20.

the shaggoth is fine, just perfect for knight killing and flanks, just remember you cant win against ranked units.

oh and you points are wrong for the dragon ogres, lt armor and grt weponds cost points too.
[dice0]

Lolly Pop Chewer
13-06-2007, 01:39
I think the army is very good however I would lose the trolls and take another unit of minotaurs, or more chariots.

Also remember that with mark of slannesh your shaggoth can take the charge from things like ogres and knights sinche he will smack them upbefore they strike. Chariots will however do impact hits, which are only a worry if you have about 2 wounds left.

MarcoPollo
13-06-2007, 04:19
I think that the ratio of Gors/ungors is backwards. I know this is how they come in the box. But that is not the best ratio. For me the best unit is 8 gor 15 ungor.

adivito
13-06-2007, 04:39
I agree for the most part, but ambush is highly overated when your general's leadership is 8 and beast units have LD 7. The mighty 9 LD of the shaggoth is kicking, and the fact that he always strikes first is brutal, 5 str 7 attacks is intimidating, even though no magic equipment, it's dumb to think of charging him in alone, but if he is charged he does (obviously) strike first.
I used this list alot and then learned the trolls are useless. But since there are so many large monster units it tends to spook opponents and force them into bad decisions. The beast herds are fine with the ratios, they skirmish, and move 5, plus theres three units of them and the speed of the army means an opponent can get one, maybe two rounds of shooting, if I'm so lucky that they concentrate fire on my beast herds that is an acceptable loss. Also If lucky enough I can have a beast unit charging first turn with staff of darkoth and unseen lurker.
The ensuing changes i made to this list were dropping the trolls and a braystaff and adding a unit of 5 mounted daemonettes and a mark of slaanesh to the existing minotaur regiment.