PDA

View Full Version : Trying to be useful about Giant Cave Squigs.

Tutore
12-06-2007, 20:24
Hi all.

Some time ago, there was a long debate here in the rules about the Night Goblin Big Boss riding a Giant Cave Squig. The debate was about him being Immune to Psychology or not, since bestiary and army list had different rules written.

I don't know if it has already been said by someone; in this case, I apologize. I used the search feature, having NO result writing SQUIG, nor Night goblin...there has to be a problem with the feature at all.

Here in the picture you'll see a scanned piece of a page of the italian White Dwarf, the copy of May 2007.

http://www.tutore.org/warhammer/orcs/squig.jpg

As long as many of you don't speak italian, I'll translate.

Night goblin on Giant Cave Squig

Giant Cave Squig (Stats follow)

Special rules: They can't join a unit; Hate Dwarfs; Immune to Psychology.

Boiiiing! (Boiiing rules follow).

END

As you can see, big bosses on Giant Cave Squig ARE Immune to Psychology, that of the army list on the book was really a mistake.

Again, sorry if it had been already said by someone, in case feel free to cancel this thread.

ZomboCom
12-06-2007, 21:32
Since when does an article in white dwarf overwrite the army list?

As it happens I think you are correct in your answer, but this is not proof.

Lander
12-06-2007, 22:10
maybe its an errata?

ekxw
12-06-2007, 22:33
uhmm i think if small ones are inmune to psicology big ones also.

Gorbad Ironclaw
13-06-2007, 05:33
I agree with ZomboCom, he might very well be ITP, but a scan from a random White Dwarf isn't really proff one way or another. It wouldn't be the first time they put in something that wasn't correct by the army book(for a whole range of different reasons).

Tutore
13-06-2007, 07:25
As most people thought it was on overview to write ItP in the bestiary and not in the army list, my opinion is that this article gives a small (I admit small) proof that it was indeed an overview not to write ItP in the army list.
It is not, however, a "random" White Dwarf: itīs the one showing the new GW minis, with all their rules. And itīs new.

Gorbad Ironclaw
13-06-2007, 08:14
In the WD where OnG came out, they had a wrong rule on how to move fanatics. Wasn't done as it's in the book.

It might be entirely possible that the WD is correct, but you would really need an FAQ to know for sure.

forthegloryofkazadekrund
13-06-2007, 08:46
good question and one which came up for me on monday when my one was heading towards combat with some dryads, i said he didnt have to take a fear test because he has no real controll over the squig, he just aims and it bounces

another good question about the cave squig and the normal cute squigs, how can they hate dwarfs when they are immune to Psychology, or is it just the night gobbos

Lord Zarkov
13-06-2007, 09:57
Because hatred is unaffected by ItP

EvC
13-06-2007, 10:49
Well, if you have to choose two equally plausible alternatives and then GW punlish an article like this, it seems pretty clear-cut which choice should be taken.

Tutore
14-06-2007, 11:39
Thanks EvC for your answer, that's exactly what I thought. I still admit it's a small proof, not a complete one.

Avian
14-06-2007, 12:14
The bestiary entry for Great Cave Squigs on page 26 does not list the same special rules as the summaries on page 50 and page 58.

Page 26:
-May not join units
-Immune to Psychology
-Skirmish
-Hate Dwarfs
-Boiiing!

Page 50:
-May not join units
-Hate Dwarfs
-Boiiing!

Page 58:
-May not join units
-Boiiing!

It is generally reckoned that page 26 is the correct one.

Tutore
14-06-2007, 12:23
The bestiary entry for Great Cave Squigs on page 26 does not list the same special rules as the summaries on page 50 and page 58.

Page 26:
-May not join units
-Immune to Psychology
-Skirmish
-Hate Dwarfs
-Boiiing!

Page 50:
-May not join units
-Hate Dwarfs
-Boiiing!

Page 58:
-May not join units
-Boiiing!

It is generally reckoned that page 26 is the correct one.

Thanks Avian, I remember your posts in the old thread about it. I remember however that other members said that there was no clue to know the correct version. BTW, you wrote a great article about waagh magic!