PDA

View Full Version : Gold, my friends. Gold!

The Dude
12-06-2007, 23:33
So it seems Big Dubbya got his watch nicked (http://blogs.news.com.au/news/splat/index.php/news/comments/george_w_bush_gets_his_watch_stolen_in_albania/)in Albania.

How long before that one turns up on E-bay?

Crazy Harborc
12-06-2007, 23:39
National nightly news cast on NBC clearly showed what was not shown on this one. Bush taking off his own watch and putting it in his pants pocket.;)

The pestilent 1
12-06-2007, 23:44
Who wants to bet Iran did it?

Did I really just say that? :eek:

swordwind
12-06-2007, 23:53
I thought his watch had all sorts of high tech tracking gizmos in it.

I am of course basing this on Act of War, but it seems reasonable enough!

The Dude
13-06-2007, 00:21
National nightly news cast on NBC clearly showed what was not shown on this one. Bush taking off his own watch and putting it in his pants pocket.;)

You got a link? I'd like to put my mind at rest :D

Edit: Although I'd have to say, thinking about it, that's even funnier :D.

"Can't let the Gypsys take my bling!"

schoolcormorant
13-06-2007, 01:25
if anybody actually stole it there'd be some serious answering to do :p

though, Albania had it's gold reserves stolen by their exiled king, perhaps they're recouping they're losses ;)

SC

Corax
13-06-2007, 08:25
It'll be right up there on eBay next to 'Fat' Tony Mokbel's rug any day now!

tzeentchgiant
13-06-2007, 11:39
Looks to me like near the beginning of the video, maybe thirty second in, he puts his hand into the crowd, loads of people are physically holding his wrist, then he comes out with no watch on.

Poor guy, I know how pissed off I'd be if my watch got stolen.

TG

Mr Zephy
13-06-2007, 11:49
According to the White House, he put it in his pocket.

palmerantony
13-06-2007, 13:37
You got a link? I'd like to put my mind at rest :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBUJkr7GQKU&watch_response

Boring old President, with his safe watch-storage techniques. :P

TheSonOfAbbadon
13-06-2007, 13:50

Sure his WATCH was safe, but while he wasn't looking an Albanian midget stole his shoes.

The Dude
14-06-2007, 00:40
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBUJkr7GQKU&watch_response

Cheers for that.

Like I said, Even funnier :)

He realised those poor people might nick it, so he took it off. A bit insulting really :D

Jon_Irenicus
14-06-2007, 01:37
"This things has too many numbers. And tic-tac things. Maybe it's a code. It's moving! I bet it points towards my enemies. I better keep it in my pocket so they don't know where they're coming from!"

What, far-fetched? The man nearly died with a cookie and fell from a Segway. This wouldn't surprise me in the least.
I was laughing out loud when I saw the footage. And then the White House saying that Bush had stored it in his pocket. I just wish Bush explained why he did it.

The Dude
14-06-2007, 01:52
"This things has too many numbers. And tic-tac things. Maybe it's a code. It's moving! I bet it points towards my enemies. I better keep it in my pocket so they don't know where they're coming from!"

Ha ha ha ha ha!!!

I just wish Bush explained why he did it.

It was sort of thoughtless (what else should I expect?). Like counting the silverware before letting a tradesman leave the house. An upper-class up-yours, saying “I know you’re not all thieves, but I’m not going to take my chances”.

Surely the President of the US can afford to have his watch nicked enough to not have it be the first thing on his mind when he goes baby-kissing.

Jon_Irenicus
14-06-2007, 02:13
"A dunno wut's dis gadjit for, I betta safe-keep it in ma pocket before they start askin' a-questjuuns!" Sadly though, he probably couldn't tell the time after 3 - that's probably how far as he can count.

Since this thread has been somewhat "refuted", why don't we just keep the posts comin' and best quotable phrase wins a very awful fish painting?

Quin 242
14-06-2007, 02:20
I thought the midget stealing shoes was a damn fine line :)

Frodo34x
14-06-2007, 18:16
I like the fact that it was a mickey mouse watch.

Apple Dave
14-06-2007, 19:24
"Can't let the Gypsys take my bling!"

Hahaha Sigged.

schoolcormorant
14-06-2007, 19:50
turns out it was a $50 watch, a gift from the head of Timex who was a friend of his.

SC

wolfythedokta
14-06-2007, 20:21
hahaha! LOL! awww bet theyd wish it was worth more than that! :p

wolfythedokta
14-06-2007, 20:28
hahaha! LOL! awww bet theyd wish it was worth more than that! :p

pwrgmrguard
15-06-2007, 00:17
MY watch looks nicer and cost 8$ at the local mall.

Crazy Harborc
15-06-2007, 01:22
Soooo...IF he puts his watch on backwards...will he expect it to run/keep time in reverse??