PDA

View Full Version : Tale of X Gamers - interest?

Yorkiebar
13-06-2007, 10:48
From talking to some of you it's apparent that FUMBBL has awakened an interest in Blood Bowl and a desire to make a real-life team. I know it has for me and so I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in building up a team with time and budget limits (pretty much the only way to ever get me to do any painting :p) over the summer with the aim of creating a full team, optionally to bring to a Carnage event for a short tournament.

The teams would be LRB5 (might as well be up-to-date) and I'd say a budget of 25 for Month 1 (gets you a team box) and 15 for Month 2 (to flesh out and properly customise the team). If it happens it'll probably start mid-July. Who's interested?

EDIT: I'll be going DE by the way. Out of every team I've played those are the (only) ones I've had good results with.

Lardidar
13-06-2007, 11:05
Yeah sure,

I would be up for it.

40 total, 16 man team with a manager/coach, Wizard, Apoth and a couple of cheerleaders.

I would have a good go :)

th0r
13-06-2007, 12:22
I'd be game for this as well. Really need a kick in the behind to get me to start my HE team.

PhrollikK
13-06-2007, 12:30
I would certainly be interested, just two snags: money (yes I'm that hard up!) and getting to the carnage tournament... Though I'd be willing to do it over the internet just for the sake of it. I've had my eye on 3 teams (Goblin, Ogre and DE) that I'd like to start/re-start.

Deng Ham
13-06-2007, 15:00
you are too late. I made my team only a fiew months ago. And I'm not about to make another

Jedi152
13-06-2007, 15:14
Count me in!

Although i'm severely tempted to get the metal humans, or convert a plastic orc team, for now i should use the project to finish my planned night goblin team, da Red-Eye Mountain Rejects.

**EDIT** Hmmm ... problems. Any planned teams comes out at over 40, so i might have to do something else.

LordSnotball
13-06-2007, 18:40
I'd love to... realistically speaking though the closest BB player to me is about 2hrs drive, across 2 borders... I'll be travelling in the end around September so i'll be buying a team then and slowly painting it...

and i know what u mean Yorkie, DEs are hard to learn, but once u get the hang of them no other team equals them...

oh, and for a close second give Necromantic a try if u want... The zombies act as linemen, u leave em on the LOS and TZ everyone... The Ghoul acts as a runner/WE, the Blitzer can be Blitzer or Ball Carrier, and the Werewolves are the Assassins, with a bit of extra MA...

Give em a try and u'll see what i mean... but the lack of AG makes em less fun than DEs

Arkzein
14-06-2007, 02:15
I would dearly love to, but two months for me to finish my team isn't likely at the best of times! If by some miracle I'm well on with my GD entry by then (Not to mention I'll be back in Ireland for work and boozing with the lads) I'll definately have a shot, probably have gone slightly mad by that point anyway. ;)

One thing that makes it possible is the figures are pretty simple and I was only spending about 10 hours on them anyway testing techniques, good for a break from other projects. Only be 22 for me, need four more beastmen (odd how minis just disappear over the years) and a mino (since my ogre isn't legal in LRB5).

Oh and if anyone knows a company that could engrave tiny brass plates with a name and number to fit on the base..... Been thinking just getting a cheap brass sheet, cutting it up to fit, and taking it to a jewlers is the only way at present.

LordSnotball
14-06-2007, 08:08
try key makers and shoe repair shops, they lnormally know the local engravers...

else get tin foil and use an old type writer

th0r
14-06-2007, 09:34
Im a little busy at work right now, but I should have all of next week off, so look for my update sometime then. I'm converting my High Elf team out of the HE Archer box set, so mark me up for $40.00 Canadian. The catchers will be using the kneeling legs, where as the blitzers will have the silver helm helmets. Not sure exactly what model I'm going to use for my staff but I figure go out and spend the cash on a hero and mage as they are pretty nice models.

As of right now I have five models built and primed black (2 blitzers, 2 line elves and a catcher) and one painted line elf #1 Elan (taken from OotS). Pictures to follow, when and if I come home from my business trip!

PhrollikK
14-06-2007, 11:10
Ok I looked into it and I could participate with an Ogre team if it would be acceptable to delve into the bitsbox for players and stuff? I have a fair few (old!) snotlings knockin' around that I can use for the players. Will get to it in the beginning of July in that case :)

Yorkiebar
14-06-2007, 11:30
Right, with 5 interested so far it's definitely going to happen. I reckon we could start on the 1st of July to end by September, if that works for people? When we start we'll have a group Project Log, so remember to take plenty of pictures of anything relevant!

PhrollikK: Okay, you can scavenge your snotlings. It's a bit outside the rules but you need to save all the cash you can with Ogres :)

th0r
14-06-2007, 20:45
Lets get this started now, so everyone can put there 2 cents in prior to the start date of july 1st.

Harry
14-06-2007, 21:43
So just to be clear.
Mid August we post the contents of a box set all painted.
Mid september we post extras..star players, coach, wizard, cheerleaders, etc.

25 Can we buy the box set on ebay and the saving be spent on other minis?
15 Can this be spent on e-bay or is it 15 at full price?

th0r
14-06-2007, 21:51
I'm not sure the money limit is such a big deal. I mean some teams cost more then others. I think the general idea is to have the entire team done by end of august.

Yorkiebar
14-06-2007, 22:01
So just to be clear.
Mid August we post the contents of a box set all painted.
Mid september we post extras..star players, coach, wizard, cheerleaders, etc.That should be the end of June and the end of August. And preferably you will post pics of the whole working progress rather than just the end result.
25 Can we buy the box set on ebay and the saving be spent on other minis?
15 Can this be spent on e-bay or is it 15 at full price?The money is spent however you like - To4G is about budgeting and cost-cutting so if you can get 'em cheap, do so! It doesn't even have to be a box set, as long as at the end your 40 has produced a fieldable team. I'm not going to enforce the budget rule (especially for expensive teams like Ogres) but you will be expected to keep a tally of your purchases as part of the log, because it's part of what To4G is all about.
Lets get this started now, so everyone can put there 2 cents in prior to the start date of july 1st.I realise you're eager but let's use 1st of June because it's a nice start date. You're welcome to buy things before then and work out your roster but the painting and things will begin when the thread opens on 1st July. We might even get a couple of extra entrants by then.

Fredox
15-06-2007, 09:55
I'd like to sign up if it's not to late. I don't know about Carnage but I need to get a team ready for another event. Is it OK to use a 'new' boxed team I have lying around and just buy the extras I need?

Yorkiebar
15-06-2007, 10:54
I'd like to sign up if it's not to late. I don't know about Carnage but I need to get a team ready for another event. Is it OK to use a 'new' boxed team I have lying around and just buy the extras I need?Of course, but you should count the price of the box in your budget.

Fredox
15-06-2007, 12:25
Can I count the original cost of the box? Or does it have to be the new cost?

Yorkiebar
15-06-2007, 12:39
Can I count the original cost of the box? Or does it have to be the new cost?Count whatever you paid for it. Like I said, finding the deals is all part of the To4G fun. Well, it used to be. In the new WD articles it's like "YES I BUY EVERYTHING FROM GW HAHAHA"

Fredox
15-06-2007, 12:59
Well the box I'm going to use I bought when they stopped selling BB in GW so it was 50% off iirc and originaly 15 so thats 7.50.

Yorkiebar
15-06-2007, 13:05
Well the box I'm going to use I bought when they stopped selling BB in GW so it was 50% off iirc and originaly 15 so thats 7.50.I think you'll probably end up with the most impressively sized team then :p

Jedi152
15-06-2007, 13:40
If i make my planned gobbo teams, it's going to cost a bomb: old night gobbos, two trolls, a fanatic, and a shed load of training staff!

Lardidar
15-06-2007, 16:31
I will be doing a Halfling team.

I bought them here on Warseer a few weeks back, once we start I will be stripping and repainting them.

I have so far:
13 Halflings
1 Puggy Baconbreath ... Costing 20 from WarSeer
2 Metal dryads (used as treemen so they fit on the pitch)... Costing 4 from Ebay

I plan to add.

A master chef
A manager/ coach
3 or 4 Cheerleaders

Look forward to getting going :)

Yorkiebar
15-06-2007, 16:57
I'm hoping my 25 will get me the Naggaroth Nightmares team box (via eBay). It includes:

2 Throwers
2 Blitzers
2 Witch Elves
7 Linemen
Hubris Rakarth

I'll then have all my month 2 allowance free for nice extras and support staff (WFB Harpies as cheerleaders, for instance).

Jedi152
15-06-2007, 16:59
I've got a few DE players kicking about if you need a few extra.

Fredox
15-06-2007, 17:50
Well I just got my team out of the cupboard. Here you go still sealed and everything. With a bit of luck I'll get better at taking pictures. Looks like I'll be buying 2 Ulfwerener and a Snow Troll. I've got a stack of Cheerleaders and such lying around in blisters somewhere.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v600/fredox/DSC01032.jpg

Yorkiebar
15-06-2007, 17:58
With a bit of luck I'll get better at taking pictures.A tripod will work wonders for your photos. A macro function is also useful, as is a good strong light from behind and above the camera.

Fredox
15-06-2007, 17:59
To be honest it's only a box and I couldn't be bothered to go to a lot of trouble to take a picture of it.

th0r
15-06-2007, 18:04
..so can we got the log going or what. It seems like people are ready.

Yorkiebar
15-06-2007, 18:31
To be honest it's only a box and I couldn't be bothered to go to a lot of trouble to take a picture of it.Oh sorry, I thought you were asking for photo advice :p