PDA

View Full Version : What do w know about the Flesh Tearers Chapter?

OrlyggJafnakol
13-06-2007, 10:50
After many years of trying, I have finally begun my first SM army. I am approaching it primarily as a modelling project that sticks to the fluff about the chapter and codex organisation.

I have the Lexicanum article and the information from Index Astartes but my researches have now dried up.

Is there anything more known about them? Have they appeared in any issues of White Dwarf? Official fluff and home-brew speculation is just as appreciated.

pookie
13-06-2007, 11:12
that they are at approx 4 company strength, and are seriously losing there fight aginst the Black rage.

gitburna
13-06-2007, 12:09
yes, they appeared in white dwarf, a long time ago, it was roughly the same time the blood angels came out. If i recall correctly, the article was written by Gav Thorpe and Matthew Sprange [he wrote a few other articles and ran the altsain site i think] Anyway, id imagine that the white dwarf article is identical to the IA article you've alredy read. They *may* have had a passing mention in some of the armageddon or eye of terror articles as well, but i really cant be bothered to check right now lol

Captain Micha
13-06-2007, 12:13
That they are much better than the Lamentors wuss chapter. *L*

Corax
13-06-2007, 12:15
There was some stuff relating to them during Armageddon III, but other than that, I think the only thing have been the IA and a couple of passing references here and there. Often GW come up with a logo and a colour scheme (and sometimes not even that much) and leave it at that. It's a clever way of leaving things sufficiently open that if someone comes up with a brilliant idea later on, they can take it up without having to resort to the "the Tyranids ate them" justification used for getting rid of the Squats. You should feel lucky to have as much about them as you do. GW could have just said, "They're like BA, but moreso!"

AFIAK, you just run them as BA. Or, if you feel like it, you could trait them as you see fit - No Mercy, No Respite? Blessed Be the Warriors? Take the Fight to Them?

Inquis. Jaeger
13-06-2007, 15:54
I collected an army of them. They're very cool. This (http://www.armageddon3.com/English/Campaign/Troops/ftearers.html) is a page from the Armageddon website about them

PMTN
13-06-2007, 16:26
A Second Founding chapter of the Blood Angels, they are afflicted by a dangerous gene-seed alteration which causes most veterans to succumb to the effects of Black Rage. They are affected by it more than any other chapter, and therefore have dwindling numbers. They favour assault tactics, and they are infamous for their savage style of fighting and rumours of cannibalism and blood-drinking rituals. The Flesh Tearers participated in the Third War for Armageddon where the chapter was nearly declared Excommunicate and subjected to Inquisitorial investigation after they had, in a fit of the Black Rage, slaughtered civilians once they had run out of Orks to kill. Amongst the Orks of Armageddon the chapter became known as the 'Eaters of the Dead'. Later in the campaign, Orks were known to have retreated when Flesh Tearers attacked, a display virtually unheard of.

Notable members include: Chapter Master Seth - Guardian of the Rage and High Chaplain Carnarvon - Watcher of the Lost.

The chapter's colour scheme is primarily red, with black shoulderpads, helmet and backpack. The chapter's symbol is a drop of blood on a white design similar to a circular saw blade

Don't thank me, thank wikipedia. Although i think the mantis legion look better.

Rabid Bunny 666
13-06-2007, 16:38
They are a successor of the Blood Angels, with roughly 300 marines left. Every Marine is trained to operate as Tactical, Devastator and Assault, as well as being able to drive and maintain the few vehicles they have left.

Their homeworld is a brutal Deathworld to rival Catachan, and the Humans native to it are hardy but dull, and take to the Imperial doctrines easily.

The majority of their Fleet is spread out as they try to find any cure for the Black Rage, which they suffer from terribly.

Chapter Master Seth leads from the front, but has become preoccupied with the doom that he believes unescapable, whilst Carnarvon is believed to be insane after seeing so many of his friends fall into the Black Rage.

Thats all i can remember from the IA Article, although a Red Elf may know a bit more ;)

MadDogMike
13-06-2007, 19:09
There was a short story called "Crimson Night" by James Swallow in the collection What Price Victory? that sorta featured the Flesh Tearers. I dunno how canon it is since it seemed to imply the Black Rage was known outside the Blood Angels and their successors (though I can't remember if it was by rumor or as known fact), but it did deal with the Flesh Tearers closely.

salty
14-06-2007, 16:00
It is also perhaps worth mentioning that the Flesh Tearers are almost constantly under the watchful eye of the Inquisition. There are numerous instances, most notably on Armageddon, of Flesh Tearers Marines going wild and butchering anything they come into contact with, whether civilian, friend or foe.

Salty :)

Nickn
14-06-2007, 21:29
well if yer lookin for fluff i know very little everything that was already posted

but if yer lookin fer rules i got a copy that i could retype for you if you must know there in a chapter aproved from way back written by i believe gav thorpe and andy hoare let me know if you wanna copy also it uses the OLD blood angel rules so you might wanna get a copy of those the thing from chapter approved also has a giant page of fluff which you might wanna read