PDA

View Full Version : 500pt Dark Elves Escalation

Aiden
13-08-2005, 08:08
Newbie General here about to go into my first league night this coming wednesday so I figured I'd get some advice from the experts :angel:

General:
-Noble with Lance, HA, and SDC mounted on a Darksteed

Core:
-5 Dark Riders with Repeater X-bows

-10 Corsairs with champ

Special:
-5 Shades with Light armor

Rare:
-1 Reaper BT

Main question is if I shoud stick the general with the Dark riders or leave him to pick off things on his own and of course where to expand to, I belive we are getting 250 point increses every week or two and I would love to work in another Reaper, a Sorceress and some executioners but I'm not sure where to go first. Thanks in advance :D

Zeb
13-08-2005, 08:40
In a 500pt game I wouldn't take a RBT, 1/5 (20%) of the points in one model. Or at least not a model that counts as destroyed after you inflict 2 wounds on the crew...

A chariot would IMHO be a better choice, it's about the same number of points, but you might not have one and it's a little expensive.
A unit of 10 Warriors with Crossbows is better as well. BUt that means you'll have to drop the champ from the Corsaris.

If I play 1000pts, I take a Beastmaster with the Seal of Ghrond as my general (and only character), why? Well he is cheap (40pts) and I get more troops. That is one way for you to go as well. A Beastmaster on a Steed, with Lance, LA, SDC, and you saved yourself 30pts to spend on something else. Thats 3 more Corsairs, another Dark Rider.

I would defenatly drop the LA on the Shades and give the Corsairs a Musician instead.

Well, that's my take on it.

Good Luck!

Setomidor
13-08-2005, 10:10
Also try to get a Musician to the Dark riders, other then that, listen to Zeb :)

Aiden
13-08-2005, 17:18
Thanks for the quick replies, I like the idea of a chariot but it seems that would end up leaving my corsairs hanging way behind the rest of the army.

Setomidor
13-08-2005, 20:21
Quite the opposite Im afraid as chariots only can move 7" a turn when not charging. With their free wheeling Id say they keep about equal pace with the corsairs.

Corsairs for ranks and chariot for punch, the way it should be.

Alot of opponents will have a problem facing a chariot in games of this size aswell.

Aiden
14-08-2005, 00:50
Quite the opposite Im afraid as chariots only can move 7" a turn when not charging. With their free wheeling Id say they keep about equal pace with the corsairs.

Corsairs for ranks and chariot for punch, the way it should be.

Alot of opponents will have a problem facing a chariot in games of this size aswell.

Ah missed that bit, Have to see if I can scrape up the cash for one before wednesday ;)

What would you guys recomend I pick up first as the army expands, I believe it will be in 250 point increments.

Setomidor
14-08-2005, 07:13
Just a box of warriors will do. Theyre a nice addition at 7 pts basic so a box will make that about 150 with command. (Spear / shield). Youve allready got a RBT so thats about 250 pts. After that another box could be bought to make that 20 spears and 12 crossbows.