PDA

View Full Version : TK at 1500 points Versus Empire, Advice??

FatOlaf
14-06-2007, 15:14
And dont say just dont do it as I know the inherent problems of TK under 2K
But any tips?
I've gone TP, LP,LP with big block of Skel and TG, swarm*2 & TS going for ICFB to take out Warmachines and or Wizards, Carrion to help and a SSC.
Some bowmen as well.
Going to try and take out his magic and cannons whilst waiting for him to come to me, he will have Knights, 2 mage plus 1 priest I reckon, plus bound items, going to be v tough to win magic phase first couple of turns. Going to put SSC and bow unit on hill other units waiting below...
What do you think?

Deceiver_666
14-06-2007, 18:10
sounds like a decent setup. id drop the tomb guard for ushabti though, as if his knights charge the main skellie block, you can counter with the ushabti and they will find it easier to do damage.
Put the prince on foot, with a great weapon and collar of shapesh and vambraces, he should be able to hold a challenge.
For your priests, give one the staff of ravening, is good for mage killing and taking out small annoying units.

jahorin
14-06-2007, 18:24
Try putting the mask that cause terror on your prince. Since empire doesn't have that much leadership, it could help you. especially if you expect heavy magic phase.

If you take a catapult, you MUST take skull of the foes, in smaller game it's more crucial than in larger game.

So instead of relying on the magic phase to make win the phase try to use psychology to win the game.

If you expect knights I would go for a unit of Ushabti instead of tomb guard, sure you will loose the killing blow but with S6 you will probably kill more knight (or troops) because of your hight strength than you would do by killing blow.

When you have a more concrete army list, I'll comment more.

forgottenlor
15-06-2007, 07:02
Of course ushabti are very vulnerable to a cannon. I would consider a scorpion as well. Can either be buried or used to support your skeletons, depending on your opponenent's set up

jahorin
15-06-2007, 13:41
Of course ushabti are very vulnerable to a cannon. I would consider a scorpion as well. Can either be buried or used to support your skeletons, depending on your opponenent's set up

The cannon will only kill on ushbati, instead of 4 or 5 tomb guard, and you can raise back ushbati if the are to beat up when they get in combat,.

Nickn
15-06-2007, 16:00
i suggest that u drop the catapult and the tomb swarms to get cascket of souls the empire will own the shooting phase so youtry to on the magic phase the cascket will work ver well because of the empires low LD other than that use the bowmen as screens and thats it

jahorin
15-06-2007, 19:06
I think that the casket is too much of a point sink a this point level. Unless you conveniently have hill in the middle of your deployment zone, with no trees at all then maybe it could wreak havoc into the empire. Stick with the catapult and make them run away with panic test at -1 :evilgrin:

Frankly
16-06-2007, 00:11
Try putting the mask that cause terror

If you take a catapult, you MUST take skull of the foes

So instead of relying on the magic phase to make win the phase try to use psychology to win the game.

These are great ideas. L.d. is a bit of a problem for Empire under 2k.

Spamming negative L.d. tests is a good option for T.K. in smalller games.

Also look at how much damage(including L.d. rolls and panic) to the opponent's battle line your likely to do at range and figure out what you actually mean to mop up his depleted units. You may find that all you need is stactic CR from average skellies instead of T.Guard.

It sounds like you have a nice to take on empire as it is.

Target number 1 for me would be the mages, played defensively they'll give you troubles.

FatOlaf
17-06-2007, 11:01
Well as it happened it started off rather nice for me, my TS came up 2nd turn and took out his cannon and my carrion took out the other. My SSC shooting was erratic to say the least and his two Knight units charging down the flanks were beginning to worry me. He had 2 mages and a priest so I only managed to get a few spells through. My big skelly unit took down his knights but I lost my TG unit lead by my TP to his priest led swordsmen, too much static CR. My TS then took out one of his mages and was then claimed by CR, died having done triple his points!
A draw in the end with luck having favoured me...

Alathir
17-06-2007, 12:00
From my experiences, you shouldnt really have too much trouble. ALWAYS take a screaming skull catapult... trust me, those things are game winning.

Scorpion is a must also, I would take two chariot units, one with a prince in them and just start up the flank (with the 5+ ward banner against artillery and -1 to hit for every other missile weapon) Throw the icon of the sacred eye on the other, just run up the flanks. Your magic should guarantee you the charge, if your chariots with the prince in them hit anything, it should be enough to autobreak the enemy. Throw the flail of skulls onto the prince so he can take out those annoying warrior priests quick smart as well.