PDA

View Full Version : cities of death boxed set

dblaz3r
15-06-2007, 04:38
I just wandered into a little shop today and noticed a cod boxed set, is this boxed set a deal for the price you pay or would i be better off buying the codex and buildings separate? any help would be great.

Hellebore
15-06-2007, 05:09
There were three boxed sets:

CoD: Book and buildings
CoD: buildings ala battleforce
CoD: Sector - lots of buildings

They all give you quite a bit off the rrp.

Hellebore

Commanderxenos
15-06-2007, 05:15
if I found a cities of death boxed set.. I'd get it.. but thats just me.. I like all the little stuff you get!

Khornies & milk
15-06-2007, 05:24
if I found a cities of death boxed set.. I'd get it.. but thats just me.. I like all the little stuff you get!

Second that.
Just getting the extra 'floor' sprues makes it worthwhile, let alone all the rest that you get.

dblaz3r
15-06-2007, 06:05
sweet thanks for the replies. it is the box and building set with a few extra barrels and barricades etc. And I was thinking of getting it but now i`ll probably mosey on down tomorrow and try strike a deal. cheers

Crippler
15-06-2007, 06:08
I brought the 100 set and there are loads of sprues in that, not built them up yet.

Bregalad
15-06-2007, 07:42
I also bought the 100 pounds set, build all and bought some further building. Fantastic versatile terrain, that you can't have enough of.

Jellicoe
15-06-2007, 07:47
One of the best things brought out by GW for a long time. I bought 2 city sectors and that, coupled with a few other bits and bobs from old matchbox tank kits gave me enough terrain to cover a whole 4x6 board fairly intensively

cityfight is excellent fun

Khornies & milk
15-06-2007, 07:49
Just a question on height people.
How many storey's do you build yours, from a in - game perspective? I feel that anymore than 3 is a waste.
Aesthetically speaking is another matter.

cheers

Sondosia
15-06-2007, 08:18
3 friends and me got together and split the cost of the Box containing 2 buildings and baracades and a munfactoruim box (Seeing as it was the only one not inclueded with the first box). Also I would hate to see anything more than 3 stories high.

Vic
15-06-2007, 13:21
I am building the Administratum model now. Made it so that you can join them together to make the building anywhere from 1 to 3 storeys tall. I have pins which interlock with the walls above it. Looking to get more buildings as this one looks pretty sweet. Not much on the gothic "bling" that GW seems to have a fetish for (how can those marines even waddle let alone walk with all that stuff on them), but on the buildings, it just works. Very mood setting.

dblaz3r
18-06-2007, 06:55
well I went and bought the cod box set and am very happy i did, it was quite a good deal with the codex 2 buildings and some barrels and barricades, alli need now is a couple of imperial sector box sets and ill have quite the city scape

Bregalad
18-06-2007, 08:52
Add some Armorcast and Pegasus buildings for more diversity, once you have build one or two Imperial sectors ;)

fracas
18-06-2007, 10:49
Just a question on height people.
How many storey's do you build yours, from a in - game perspective? I feel that anymore than 3 is a waste.
Aesthetically speaking is another matter.

cheers

3 as in ground floor, one up, two up, and a roof deck?
sounds about right

Killgore
18-06-2007, 12:33
i bought the CoD starter box which had the book, a building and a large building and the barricades

was an exselent buy! i made the administation building have 4 levels, i wont do that in future as its abit to tall