PDA

View Full Version : NAF-style Tounrey - just a thought!

RawMessiah
15-06-2007, 08:44
I had an idea,

Wouldn't it be fun if we would have a 1-day Tournament where everyone sits on IRC - LIVE! - and then the matches are randomly given to people where everyone would play 3-4 matches, or something like that. Kind of like an NAF Tounrey.

Maybe after this season, like in November or December.

What do you all think?

Raw

Lardidar
15-06-2007, 09:13
I'd be up for it.

The only thing is with timezones some people will be sat up in the night ... but if there cool with that :)

LordSnotball
15-06-2007, 09:48
Actually, u'd need to plan it like this:

Planned Instant Tourney for xxx date (say a sunday)
Needs 1 person who will definitely be on to be appointed an admin for the day
fixed/set time, everyone shows up, and we play back to back matches...

maybe a KO tourney or just a big swiss on a tight deadline...

the only catch is that we can't play other matches while in a tourney, so all our teams are tied up atm. If there's enough interest we would need either new/other teams, or to play with the LRB5 group teams...

LordSnotball
15-06-2007, 09:48
oh, and sign me up!

RawMessiah
15-06-2007, 10:30
we could alwyas play after this League and well, one would need to be the admin :) but I thought maybe do it WarSeer style (so to say), in other words: a WarSeer tourney for its own members.

LordSnotball
15-06-2007, 13:19
nods, after this tourney ends, we can arrange a back'to'back instant tourney for whoever gets on... sound sinteresting

Deng Ham
15-06-2007, 18:09
I'm in... Soud like a great idea. Not only becous it will be one day full of BB. But to the sosial aspect of it...

As for staying up all night. I belive it's only T0hr that will suffer. But then again he will only have to gett up early that morning. 6 houers earyler.

Jet
15-06-2007, 18:54
There's nothing stopping you doing this with new teams right now. It would also mean that you don't get the problem of teams with wildly even strengths in the same tournament as we have sometimes experienced.

RawMessiah
15-06-2007, 20:58
Jet, your point is true; it would be maybe better to start with TR 100 but the question is if this should be a WarSeer Tourney (in my opinion, yes!)? What I mean is it would be sad to start a new team for this occasion and then not play with it anymore.

But we could balance things up and make equal matches; we could make teams that are +-20 from each other CAN meet each other.

LordSnotball
16-06-2007, 08:35
which is why i proposed we do this with the LRB5 group instead... the LRB5 teams are experimental and will be deleted one day anyway... and almost all of us with LRB5 teams are under 130. +-20 sounds good, maximum TR for the LRB5 group for the tourney could be 120 TR, and the rest of us have to lose a player :) or assistant coach or two...

anyway, sounds fine and fun to me either way, i'd definitely create a 1-use team

Jet
16-06-2007, 10:33
I still see no reason why these teams should be "single-use". Why not keep these teams specifically for this kind of quick tournament?

I would also be concerned about using the d5 teams, since some of the play and teams are very unbalanced right now without the proper implementation.

I'll be very happy to take care of these if you decide to do them in the Warseer league itself, of course you're in charge if you decide to make a separate league.

RawMessiah
16-06-2007, 11:43
I don't think LRB5-teams would be such a great idea because the rules aren't complete (etc.).

I had the idea too that we could all make a new team for these kind of tourneys but this would bring teams apart (after a few tourneys) as well, so why not play with our WarSeer-teams? What do you think? I'd love to play with my humans and not make another team for this tournament.

We could simply make a fair tournament after each league (in other words, temas that aren't more than +-20 TR away from each other, play each other), plus leagues aren't always THAT fair either(!). :) I think we could make fair tourneys and well, some matches might always end up being less fair, but that's not the end of the world. It's more about having fun during these tourneys!

I had this idea: instead of making +-20 TR teams play each other, make +-20 Team Strenght teams play each other. How does this sound?

Keravin
16-06-2007, 12:00
I think Jet's idea is sound and I agree there is no reason to delete these. They would be perfect (or should be depending how the tourney plays out) for a return bout. The whole +20 TR sounds far too cumbersome and pretty much excludes the longer term teams.

If this is happening then it needs to be well advertised to give everyone the chance unlike some other quick tournaments that have been played.

RawMessiah
17-06-2007, 11:34
True, this (if it'll happen) will be mentioned way ahead of the actual date so people have the chance to know about it(!).

RawMessiah
17-06-2007, 11:52
I could start a (voting) Poll, what do you think? We could vote IF we should start a new team or use the old teams?