PDA

View Full Version : Quality of the BFSP mini rule book

Huw_Dawson
15-06-2007, 19:07
Well, not exactly quality, but more content.

Is the BFSP rulebook complete rules wise? If I were say to buy it off ebay or whathaveyou, would I then be in dire need of the actual rulebook if I was actually planning to game? I happen to know that the BfM (40k) little book o' rules is missing two scenario rules, so I was just wondering before my friend goes to Blackburn tomorrow to grab BfSP because that means he won't have to shell out 30 just for a big book whereas he gets dice, templates etc with the box. Plus, the box looks pretty natty anyway...

- Huw

ZomboCom
15-06-2007, 19:17
The small rule book contains the entirety of the rules section from the big rule book. All it is missing are the sections on fluff and army building from the second half of the big book.

The little book contains all the rules.

Maldred2
15-06-2007, 21:33
I'll confirm this for the record.

If you can't find the rule in the BfsP rulebook, it doesn't exist.

end of story.

Huw_Dawson
15-06-2007, 21:37
Ah, good to know. Thanks guys. :p

- Huw

Jonke
15-06-2007, 22:04
The BfSP book only has one scenario though, Pitched battle, if you want more you have to get the big one.

Peace!

scarletsquig
15-06-2007, 22:14
.. or a copy of the 6th edition one - the scenarios from that are still totally usable.

Crazy Harborc
16-06-2007, 02:12
You can also still use the terrain generation charts as well.;) I've got regular opponents who enjoy just picking a table side when they arrive. I use the charts to roll up battlefields. That saves some time.;) The opponents pick aside. That is AFTER I've asked them "is the table okay", do you want to move the terrain around or roll up new terrain"??

DarkLord Of Naggaroth
16-06-2007, 13:44
the mini rule book is great. if only you could buy it seperately. My mate has it and that's all we need. It's so handy.
i just have the big 6th ed rule book, I'll have a look in there if the mini one isn't around and then check on my list of 7th ed changes. who needs to buy stuff. :p

Atrahasis
16-06-2007, 21:00
There are several rules and tables that are omitted from teh mini-rulebook, but nothing that is critical to a normal game.

Mad Doc Grotsnik
16-06-2007, 23:28
If your up for it, and they are still available, I can reccomend the Gamers Edition. Templates, Counters, Dicicles, Bag, Big Book, Ickle Book, Cardboard Box.

Everything you need. And worth it's price tag.

Crazy Harborc
19-06-2007, 03:09
I REALLY like the smaller SP box set rulebook. It's great to not be dragging around what sometimes felt like a 5 pound dead weight 6th edition rulebook.