PDA

View Full Version : orcs and goblins

mattieice
17-06-2007, 02:49
I had hoped that they would do this in 7th edition but i may have to hold out for 8th. Does anyone else think orcs and goblins deserve separate army books? I feel like they could do something similar to what they did with chaos, split it into beasts and hordes with completely independent books yet able to trade magic items and units. The orc and goblin book feels a little too stuffed. They could give goblins a little bit more of a front stage feel and a chance to develop forest goblins again.

pcgamer72
17-06-2007, 04:17
I was actually thinking about this last night, but I came to the conclusion that they just seem too intertwined to me at this point to separate them.

Goldenwolf
17-06-2007, 06:08
If they did split them, they'd have to make special rules for each. Part of what they did to nerf gobbos was to take away the extra leader, and make them cost more, so for some reason they seemed to want to go away from gobbos.

That Guy
17-06-2007, 06:46
I think the handling of the Chaos books by GW was a mistake. Don't know the rumors about how Chaos is going to get redone, but my guess is it's going to be Daemons, Beasts, Mortals and you won't be able to interchange them.

Orcs & Goblins are like peanut butter and jelly. And who has a jelly sandwich?

DarkLord Of Naggaroth
17-06-2007, 10:07
I think jelly might just be what americans call jam (although that would still be disgusting)

I think O&G work fine the way they are. Sure they're two armies, but it's the biggest army out there which makes up for it. So you can separate orcs and gobos how you like and it will work. I also like how orcs fight with goblins. without the mixture they might not be the most comical army out there.

That Guy
17-06-2007, 17:09
Darklord, haha, yes, I'm from America, but jelly and jam are two different things. Jam would be spreadable, crushed fruit with an almost buttery texture (not taste). Jelly is still kind of crushed fruit that has the texture of Jell-O, and is less expensive. Therefore, it's usually peanut butter and jelly here, rather than peanut butter and jam.

dabiggrotsboss
18-06-2007, 06:05
Nope, think they are fine as one book.

DarkLord Of Naggaroth
18-06-2007, 20:19
peanut butter on it's own does fine by me (crunchy). why spoil it with other stuff?

this is what the thread's talking about, right?

zak
18-06-2007, 20:30
I think that you can creat separate armies of Orc or Gobbos if you wish perfectly well in the 7th edition book. The all Gobbo army may have been a more viable option in 6th edition, but it's still possible and an all Night Gobbo army with Trolls and Giants as back up is fragile but fun. Well if you think leadership 6 max on your stupidity tests is fun!!

I would certainly like to see each part of the army taken a step further, but in supplements rather than as 2 separate books. I would also have to buy books at 12.00 each, when I would rather spend it on models!

Crazy Harborc
19-06-2007, 02:10
Um....IF, a big if....I do field a gobbo army list...it will be led by Black Orc and or regular Orc characters. Hey...for me, gobbos do too poorly when it comes to leadership.

whimplow
19-06-2007, 03:08
I like them the way they are :)

Shimmergloom
19-06-2007, 03:45
2 books? As it is now the current book is 25% catalog pages. 2 books would be 40pages of catalog, 40pgs of army rules.

And what would be the point? They'd either tell you that goblins in an orc army count as core, or they'd be insane and say they would be special.

And there goes the orc and goblin army, because no one is going to take goblins as special choices and no one is going to take orcs as special choices.

Special means special. Not run of the mill infantry or cannon fodder goblins.

The 2 book approach really doesn't work for chaos, being that 1 of the armies is pretty unusable of the 3 and another only has 3 real core choices to choose from and would be a disaster for greenskins.