PDA

View Full Version : Ork Army Box, 2nd Edition, Contents?

dabiggrotsboss
17-06-2007, 15:43
Does anyone happen to know exactly what came in the 2nd Edition Ork Army Box? Or, even better, have a photo of the front/back of the box?

Thanks,

dabiggrotsboss

Bunnahabhain
17-06-2007, 16:06
40 plastic Gretchin with autoguns, 20 Orks with bolt pistols and axes, and a card dreadnought.

Griefbringer
17-06-2007, 16:14
40 plastic Gretchin with autoguns, 20 Orks with bolt pistols and axes, and a card dreadnought.

That would be the Orky contents of the second edition starter box.

However, I presume that the original poster is referring to one of the separate army boxes that were released during those days - unfortunately my WD collection only seems to mention Blood Angel army box.

sigur
17-06-2007, 16:16
Those were released as an "army box"? I just knew those were in the 40k 2nd edition box as well as single boxes of 10 something Orks and 20 something Gretchins each. The rather uncool cradboard dread you couldn't get without getting the 40k box IIRC ;)

t-tauri
17-06-2007, 17:09
There were a couple of different ones IIRC. One is shown in a picture here (http://www.solegends.com/citcat9x4/c93581-02.htm). Why do you want to know?

Griefbringer
17-06-2007, 17:12
As a wild guess, the original poster wants to know the contents because he has seen one for sale somewhere in the Internet.

dabiggrotsboss
17-06-2007, 18:23
As a wild guess, the original poster wants to know the contents because he has seen one for sale somewhere in the Internet.

Bingo. I actively collect Rogue Trader and 2nd ed Orks, and have a line on an unopened boxed army. I know that it has Thraka, Makari, Runtherd, a Shokk attack gun, Goff Boyz mob, Snake boarboyz mob, Storm boyz Korps, Blood Axe commandos, Gretchin mob, Ork dreadnought, & snotling herd, plus transfers & banners, but would really like to know the precise contents.

Cheers,

dabiggrotsboss.

There were a couple of different ones IIRC. One is shown in a picture here (http://www.solegends.com/citcat9x4/c93581-02.htm). Why do you want to know?

I searched solegends first, and really gave my google-fu a workout, but haven't been able to really nail it down.

Why? Well, I am looking at buying one. I have almost all the orks from that period anyway, but an unopened boxed army would have good kitsch value for me. Thank Mork not many people like the old orks.

Festus
17-06-2007, 19:10
Hi

There was no box like this. Ever. There were Mailorder Deeals on complete Aermies, though, as the one shown in the post above.

I played WH40K2nd for all of its lifecycle and more... and there never was an Army Box like this.

Actually, the only *Army Box* I can remember ist he Pretorians Platoon Box as a limited edition.

Festus

sigur
17-06-2007, 19:14
Hehe, I remember the first time I rang up the GW mailorder to ask if I could have the Praetorian deal but with Catachans instead after spotting the deal in WD.;)

Anyway, thanks for clearing that up, Festus.

Griefbringer
17-06-2007, 19:36
I played WH40K2nd for all of its lifecycle and more... and there never was an Army Box like this.

Actually, the only *Army Box* I can remember ist he Pretorians Platoon Box as a limited edition.

Cannot speak for the Orks, but there surely was one for Space Marines (Blood Angels to be specific), see WD 176, page 72, for reference.

Contents seemed to be:
-Captain
-Death company squad with chaplain
-Devastator squad
-Tactical squad
-Terminator squad
-Scout squad
-Dreadnought
-Banners and transfers

Total price 85.

Same issue also mentions the freshly released High Elf army boxed set.

Darkhorse
17-06-2007, 19:37
It'll be Warboss Magrot's Ork Horde (1518 pt army).
You got Ghazghkull,and a retinue of 5 Nobz in mega armour, Cybork doc, runt herd.
10 plastic Goffs and a Nob.
11 Goffs with a heavy weapon.
Battlewagon
6 Bad moons with bolters, 2 with heavy weapons and nob in mega-armour.
8 Deathskulls with 5 heavy weapons plus a nob.
8 Evil Sunz with bolters 1 with heavy weapon and a nob.
1 weirdboy and 2 minderz.
1 Dreadnought.
20 plastic Grotz.

dabiggrotsboss
17-06-2007, 19:54
Hi

There was no box like this. Ever. There were Mailorder Deeals on complete Aermies, though, as the one shown in the post above.

Festus

Yes, indeed there were many army boxes. Check your catalogues if you still have them from that time. Sadly, I have details on all the army boxes, except the orks.
Chaos - 0507, p257 1998 Complete Catalogue
Eldar - 0515, p274 1998
Warriors of Redemption Force Box - Sisters of Battle - 980680, p303
Blood Angels - 0526, p343
Ravenwing - 987399, p343
Ultramarines - 0510 p344
Space Wolves - 0514 (number is suspect), p344
Tyranids - 0512, p374
The Praetorians were at the very end of 2ed.

That's the list. ;)

dabiggrotsboss
17-06-2007, 19:55
It'll be Warboss Magrot's Ork Horde (1518 pt army).
You got Ghazghkull,and a retinue of 5 Nobz in mega armour, Cybork doc, runt herd.
10 plastic Goffs and a Nob.
11 Goffs with a heavy weapon.
Battlewagon
6 Bad moons with bolters, 2 with heavy weapons and nob in mega-armour.
8 Deathskulls with 5 heavy weapons plus a nob.
8 Evil Sunz with bolters 1 with heavy weapon and a nob.
1 weirdboy and 2 minderz.
1 Dreadnought.
20 plastic Grotz.

Greatly appreciated. This is the horde shown in the 1993 Solegends listing, but I wasn't 100% sure. Thanks.

dabiggrotsboss
22-06-2007, 00:05
OK, I guess I found the answer to my own question, and it's not the Magrot's Horde.

I found the answer to my own question, I found an unopened army box, but as I have these models already, I couldn't justify it.

Ghazghkull Thraka and Makari
Shokk Attack Gun
3x stands of Snotlings
Runtherd, not Zodgrod
Hopp-Splatt Gun
Dreadnought
5x Kommandos
5x StormBoyz
5x Snakebite BoarBoyz
13x plastic Gretchin
10x plastic Goffs