PDA

View Full Version : what kind of Inq hereticus,maleus or xenos hmmm?

Tehkonrad
18-06-2007, 10:09
I don't know whether to make a malleus hereticus or xenos, im leaning towards xenos but thats just my idea. So vote away:D

Charax
18-06-2007, 10:55
Or Sicarius, Sepulturum, Hydra...

Make the background first, that should make it obvious which one he should be. If he spends most of his time hunting Daemons, Malleus. Aliens, Xenos. Heretics, Hereticus.

Ancientsociety
18-06-2007, 13:31
Voted Xenos. I assume that you've never played INQ before? I've found that OX tends to be the most balanced for new players, OH being somewhere in the middle, OM being the hardest because its the easiest to abuse.

I do agree with Charax, make your background and then give him a faction. Check out the Thorian Sourcebook for the other factions mentioned.

MindSlave
18-06-2007, 20:52
Ordo Hereticus are just cool... and read "Lectures on the Wych pt2" for some really cool anti psyker stuff!!

Charax
18-06-2007, 20:54
Ben will be happy to hear people are enjoying and recommending it.

The Anarchist
18-06-2007, 22:38
For me its gotta be the Ordo Hereticus, i mean just the dark sinister figure that even other Inquisitors fear! nothing sounds cooler to me. also Witch Hunter normaly tend to be the most rounded with equipment even if a little less rounded than normal personaly. after all years of trusting no one and constantly looking for signs of weakness and hereasy in people is going to start effecting the mind.

Tehkonrad
19-06-2007, 08:56
cool cooli best write some background then :D

Sabbad
19-06-2007, 13:39
Remember not all Inquisitors are a member of an Ordo.

precinctomega
20-06-2007, 10:51
And the Ordo doesn't define the Inquisitor, either. The Ordo isn't a "type". It's like a club - they might all be there for the same reason, but that doesn't mean they agree on how to achieve their purpose. How an Inquisitor appears is more likely to be determined by his methods than by his objectives.

R.

Sarison
22-06-2007, 21:00
voted Malleus, i like them more than the others. read the daemonhunters codex for good material, it lays down a lot of different tactics and angles for Inquisitors to use. or the Witch Hunters codex if you choose that path. not sure what to do about Xenos though.

Catferret
23-06-2007, 02:13
While I agree wholeheartedly with Precinct Omega, I have still voted. Classic Ordo Hereticus look really cool with their big hats, long coats and big boots. Old school witch hunter look.

Of course they don't have to look like that, therein lies the beauty of Inquisitor.

Whichever style you go for, create the character's story first. Don't make up his background purely to justify the biggest gun/sword you can find.

freebooter
18-07-2007, 08:16
I voted Ordo Xenos just because they are my favorite branch of the Inquisition and you could have some fun with Death Watch and even xenos mercnaries and artifacts :P

Major King
18-07-2007, 13:45
I have to say Ordo Hereticus has my call on this. I love the Ordo from how it looks and how it operates, i also blame a friend of mine for setting cool ideas in my head about the witch hunters and inquisition of old.