PDA

View Full Version : Apocalypse table size and army transport

kaimarion
17-06-2007, 22:15
When apocolypse comes out there are going to be massive battles right but theres 1 problem how do you get 3000pts worth of models to your local,,,,,the large GW carry case isnt very good when it comes to packing multiple tank(they often get damaged) so how does one get 3000pts worth of models to their local without getting them damaged???????

CENOBITE
17-06-2007, 22:17
I'm wondering how I am supposed to fit a gaming table of an appropriate size into my flat :confused:

artificer
17-06-2007, 22:20
I'm wondering how I am supposed to fit a gaming table of an appropriate size into my flat :confused:

it's called a "floor" :D

CENOBITE
17-06-2007, 22:24
Yikes!
Man I'm an old fart - how am I supposed to get back on my feet after spending a couple of hours on my knees playing with helluvalot toy tanks? :rolleyes:

thewizard99
17-06-2007, 22:32
heh......not just you im worries about, goes for me as well, and im like 18 lol, damn joints....mmmm meat.....anyway depends what u take for 3000 point lol, with me its like 3 companys.

Asbjorn Nightrunner
17-06-2007, 22:37
Well I'm lucky to have a 5X8 and I find 3000pts is great on it and 4000 pts works well for most armies but guard and orks start to have deployment issues.

But if you are playing mission based games with reserves and the like things work well as you tend to get more movement and you don't have 500+ moels on the board all at once. Beisdes by round three there are a hell of a lot of dead models so things speed up anyways.

stevo333
17-06-2007, 23:42
Man that 10 x 6 table we built looks better and better the closer to apocalypse we get... we've honestly only been using maybe half the board mostly, but I'm sure it'll be plenty to handle the new apocalypse games.

Asbjorn Nightrunner
18-06-2007, 05:21
Well, firstly, I heared 40k rulebook size but that most of it was taken up by fluff, explanation of true army organizations..etc, with lots of pics.

3000 points fits onto a 4X8 pretty well. The only issue I can see with a 10X6 is effectively reaching the middle of it. We have some issues with the 5X8 when armies with lots of models are in use....it isn't so much the reach but just add a few buildings....incidentally a 4000 pt City fight is awesome!

Darnok
18-06-2007, 07:14
Well, firstly, I heared 40k rulebook size but that most of it was taken up by fluff, explanation of true army organizations..etc, with lots of pics.

3000 points fits onto a 4X8 pretty well. The only issue I can see with a 10X6 is effectively reaching the middle of it. We have some issues with the 5X8 when armies with lots of models are in use....it isn't so much the reach but just add a few buildings....incidentally a 4000 pt City fight is awesome!

If the rules are indeed good, I fear I have to play on the ground more often. My own table could handle 2500 Pts., but beyond that (and "Mega Battles" start far from that) I have to either go somewhere else (GW, FLGS) or play on the ground.

Spacker
18-06-2007, 07:25
When apocolypse comes out there are going to be massive battles right but theres 1 problem how do you get 3000pts worth of models to your local,,,,,the large GW carry case isnt very good when it comes to packing multiple tank(they often get damaged) so how does one get 3000pts worth of models to their local without getting them damaged???????

I've got a Figures In Comfort Multi case that just about handles my 5000pt Armoured Company force (that's 5 vehicle trays and an infantry tray), although I'm tempted to move up to a Super (can get another 2 double depth trays in, so my 6000pt AC would fit easily with room to spare rather than having to take one large FW cardboard box with me too). I wouldn't bother with the GW cases - with a FIC I can get way more in, and for lower cost.

It also helps that I drive to the club I play at, so my case goes flat in my boot and doesn't end up being knocked around with lots of walking.

execution of all things
18-06-2007, 07:27

Build your own case or buy and non GW brand that is better for transporting. :rolleyes:

I'm don't mean to go off on you only but I find alot of people need everything laid out for them. Its like the complaints about adjusting armies with a new codex. Use your imagination. GW shouldn't have to have the answer for every problem that may come up for a handful of people. Do this many people really need someone to hold there hands?

Sorry for the rant and I'm not directing this at you, kaimarion, I just find it hard to believe that so many people that are involved in a creative hobby can't think outside the box.

Bunnahabhain
18-06-2007, 14:09
I made a case for my Guard Armour out of spare hardboard etc. 16 compartments that will take a chimera or russ, and some thin foam padding is all you need. I can also remove dividers, to turn 4 compartments into one that will take my thunderbolt, or hopefully a super heavy.

This leaves the figure case free for an infantry company or two.

Bookwrak
18-06-2007, 14:27
Go to Sabol army transports, buy as many foam trays as you need. Buy a large, hard-shell suitcase, tool box, cardboard box, whatever. Fill with foam trays full of models. Transport in safety and comfort (if not style).

Reaver83
18-06-2007, 15:03
infantry get moved in a double carry case, my big stuuff is in a toolbox with foam compartments.

As for boards - why not go for a stacked approach? it could be like a hive say 3 6 by 4 boards all on top of each other! with ramps and ladders etc - a boy can dream, hey?

kaimarion
18-06-2007, 17:27
I've got a Figures In Comfort Multi case that just about handles my 5000pt Armoured Company force (that's 5 vehicle trays and an infantry tray), although I'm tempted to move up to a Super (can get another 2 double depth trays in, so my 6000pt AC would fit easily with room to spare rather than having to take one large FW cardboard box with me too). I wouldn't bother with the GW cases - with a FIC I can get way more in, and for lower cost.

It also helps that I drive to the club I play at, so my case goes flat in my boot and doesn't end up being knocked around with lots of walking.

Thanks for the help same goes to you to executioner(thanks) just to add I know that there are non-GW companys that sell cases its just that most of the cases that I saw were soft case and not hard case like the GW ones but I'll go on some of the websites and have a look.