PDA

View Full Version : Is the Kroot list legal for tournaments and will it be?

dave40k
18-06-2007, 13:03
There's a lot of people who are saying stuff like Lost and the Damned is not tournament legal, but it seems like the Kroot list still is. Any truth to that? And if it is for now, do you think it will stay legal?

MrBigMr
18-06-2007, 13:05
It's all up to the organizer. They determine what people can use and not use.

dave40k
18-06-2007, 13:10
It's all up to the organizer. They determine what people can use and not use.

So in the big picture, it's probably not worth it?

MrBigMr
18-06-2007, 13:18
Well, I don't make armies for tournaments and I have two armies at the moment that use Kroot allies. I would suggest asking the organizers of the tournaments you (might) go to. They propably know more about what they are going to allow and what not.

Bregalad
18-06-2007, 15:51
Be aware that the Kroot merc. list is 3rd edition with e.g. the more expensive Krootoxen etc. Still, as said, its legality depends on tournament and country. There is a 4th edition extension of the list, but it is completely unofficial and fan made, but nevertheless fun and worth reading:
http://www.freewebs.com/pfreck/Kodex%2520Kroot%2520V4.2.pdf

Generally consider the idea of playing standard Tau rules including Knarlocs (allowed in Tau rules, but not all tournaments) or using the Dark Eldar rules with Kroot "count as" DE (Kroot on jet bikes look cool). Both will certainly be more competitive in tournaments.

psyberlord
18-06-2007, 16:25
it was still legal for vegas...
I've been putting some thought into an all kroot merc force myself...

Mojaco
18-06-2007, 16:37
There was a kroot army at the dutch GT. So yes, they can be.

Col.Gravis
18-06-2007, 20:34
As pointed out, some do, some dont, so while the Dutch GT may well have done the UK GT does not permit it.

GMMStudios
19-06-2007, 02:06

Well, worth it depends on where you are and how much you play tournies.

If you don't do anything but run in tournies, then probably not a good idea. But if you mainly play friendly games, with the occasional tourney, then you are okay to make the army I think.

There is also something to be said about where you go to tournies. If you are somewhere where they are rare you will likely find more openmindedness as far as lists go.

IMHO.