PDA

View Full Version : Standard of Balance and stubborn units

Major Defense
14-08-2005, 13:29
So the Standard of Balance makes the HE unit and any enemy unit touching it immune to psychology (immunity to psycology is covered under the 'special rules' section of the BRB) and units that are frenzied lose it as if they had lost a round of combat. I would note here that they mention frenzy specifically because units that are frenzied are otherwise immune to psychology.

Stubborn, like Frenzy, is covered under the rules for psychology. So the question begs that if a HE unit so equipped runs into a stubborn enemy unit or are themselves stubborn...do they lose the stubborn psychology effect?

I think that immunity to psychology effects both the bad (panic, fear, terror, stupidity) and the good (hatred, stubborn, etc.) so all units concerned would lose all psychology effects while touching the unit with the banner. Is that correct? If not then please explain why in detail.

Atrahasis
14-08-2005, 13:36
You are correct. The same thing happens if a Grand Master joins a unit with the Banner of Sigismund.

Major Defense
14-08-2005, 19:21
Okay, two more questions...

Unbreakable is a psychology effect much like stubborn. Does a swarm suddenly become breakable when touching a HE unit with this banner!?

Chaos has the Banner of the Gods. It says something like "All non-daemonic friendly units within 6" of the banner become stubborn (even if normally immune to psychology)." So what happens when these two banners come near each other???

Cheesejoff
14-08-2005, 19:59
Unbreakable is not a psychology effect in that sense. The banner makes you effectively immune to psychology, since unbreakable are immune to psych. anyway, it has no effect.

The Banner of the Gods says "normally" but since the Elven banner isn't a normal effect, it would probably not work, so they lose the stubborness.

Another interesting point is that the standard of balance beats the Khorne Banner of Rage (or whatever it's called) since it says they never lose their frenzy due to losing combat.

T10
15-08-2005, 06:48
I may be mistaken, but isn't Unbreakable a special rule like Regeneration and Breath weapons - i.e. it isn't even in the Psychology section.

-T10

Flame
15-08-2005, 07:37
It is in the special rules section.

TeddyC
15-08-2005, 09:12
Immune to phychology doesnt include unbreakable as it is... as stated its in the special rules.

Stubborn is a psychological effect.

It is annoying when my stubborn hammerers lose stubborness becuase of that stupid banner!

Major Defense
15-08-2005, 11:02
Great answers, all. I didn't even trip you up with unbreakable. Thanks much.