PDA

View Full Version : Best US available carrying case for HUGE forces?

MysteryGilgamesh
18-06-2007, 19:16
I've got some 2 dozen or more vehicles of various sizes (Landspeeders, Fire Prisms, Devilfish, Hammerheads, Pirhana, Predators, etc), more than a few larger and oddly shaped units (Dreadnoughts, Wraithlords, Warwalkers, Crisis Suits, Bloodthirster, Juggernaut, etc), and oodles of infantry of various armies.

Is there a US available carrying case that can safely fit in most of this? As is, all I've got is 2 large plastic screw cases which, while useful, are none too gentle and a pain to carry and don't fit any vehicles, meaning I also have to carry a toolbox for the vehicles.

Also note, as cheap as possible is good, as I'm kinda broke ATM.

jfrazell
18-06-2007, 19:28
Large size pistol boxes, hard rifle case (these are also known as generic boxes). Have the soft egg foam. Quite good for large minis and vehicles. And frankly they are dirt cheap (get at Walmart/Academy or any sporting goods store).

sukigod
18-06-2007, 19:43
I've seen a tutorial or article on another forum (I can't find it right now) where another player had the same issue. Large force, small wallet ;) and his solution was a footlocker style trunk that can be purchased for $20-$40 US at almost any Target like retail store.

He then purhcased a number of foam trays from different sources. It seemed they trays fit rather well in the trunk. He packed a ton of stuff in there. I think the only thing (besides painting) hi added to the case was a set of caster or roller/luggage wheels as to make it a bit more portable.

Good luck!

Light of the Emperor
18-06-2007, 19:58
Sabol makes an extremely nice (and massive) carrying case on wheels. You might want to check it out. You can order the tank sized trays and load it up.

Bunnahabhain
18-06-2007, 22:15
If budget is an issue, try something like this. It contains 16 tanks, and is built entirely from scrap board, and some duct tape. I also had some thin foam, again stuff lying about, that is used to line each compartment. Main cost is the beer used to provide a scale.

It would not be hard to make it bigger, neater or better.

jfrazell
18-06-2007, 22:35
Respect. Bunnahabhain. Respect.

onnotangu
18-06-2007, 22:48
or simply get some lumber and foam and nails and make one yourself.
You already have a tape measure.

MALICIOUS LOGIC
19-06-2007, 06:21
There is a great case by http://www.crystalcaste.com/

It's called the Battle Hive II (the Battle Hive I is a lot smaller). It's about $100 and comes complete with foam inserts. It's a good hard case. I own a couple and I've installed locks on them.

Corax
19-06-2007, 09:14
I've found just what you need! :D

Linkage: www.thecontainerman.com/images/standard_large.jpg

VigdisVZ
19-06-2007, 09:30
If budget is an issue, try something like this. It contains 16 tanks, and is built entirely from scrap board, and some duct tape. I also had some thin foam, again stuff lying about, that is used to line each compartment. Main cost is the beer used to provide a scale.

It would not be hard to make it bigger, neater or better.

Grolsch ftw!

Quin 242
19-06-2007, 14:45
There is a great case by http://www.crystalcaste.com/

It's called the Battle Hive II (the Battle Hive I is a lot smaller). It's about $100 and comes complete with foam inserts. It's a good hard case. I own a couple and I've installed locks on them.

Sadly that particular item is Out of Stock.

Culven
19-06-2007, 15:24
I've found just what you need! :D
Linkage: www.thecontainerman.com/images/standard_large.jpg
That is perfect. Not only can you then transport your armies, but also your terrain, snacks, chairs, game table, and gaming group.