PDA

View Full Version : Building 2000 HE force

golembane
20-06-2007, 04:52
Been away from high Elves since 5th edition, and finally decided to rebuild. Here was a quit list. I wanted mostly foot troops, but the cav just seem needed.

Prince (1#, 219 Pts)
Ithilmar Barding; Dragon Armor
Elven Steed
1 Blade of Sea Gold
1 Dragonscale Shield
1 Pure of Heart

Mage (1#, 180 Pts)
Level 2 Upgrade;
1 Dispel Scroll
1 Seer

Spearmen (15#, 195 Pts)
Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Champion

Spearmen (15#, 195 Pts)

Swordmasters of Hoeth (20#, 340 Pts)
Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Bladelord; Banner of Sorcery

Phoenix Guard (20#, 335 Pts)
Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Keeper of the Flame

Silver Helms (5#, 165 Pts)
Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Champion; Heavy Armor; Shield; Banner of Ellyrion

Tiranoc Chariot (1#, 85 Pts)

Repeater Bolt Thrower (3#, 100 Pts)

Total Roster Cost: 1999

Any thoughts and opinions welcomed. I went for a mostly foot trooper list since the looks of a high elf infantry list appealled to me greatly, the knight and Prince will be there to go rounding up flanks and warmachines, mage mainly there to drain magic and whatnot. With the Chariots keeping other flanks clean along side prince and the Silver helms, the Bolt throwers should be placed on my armies flanks as to widen their potential arc of fire, with the infantry close at hand waiting for knights, chariots, and bolter fire to whittle down the enemy enough to let PG and SM to charge.

That's the basic idea anyways.

joske
20-06-2007, 11:40
Been away from high Elves since 5th edition
aah, that explains some things :)
well, i'll try to help a bit with some of 6th edition expirience...

Prince (1#, 219 Pts)
Ithilmar Barding; Dragon Armor
Elven Steed
1 Blade of Sea Gold
1 Dragonscale Shield
1 Pure of Heart
there is no need for a prince in this role, he is just an overpriced commander... lance is better than a magic weapon and much cheaper, it also leaves you enough points to spend on protection... btw, dragonscale shield is just bad magic item...

Mage (1#, 180 Pts)
Level 2 Upgrade;
1 Dispel Scroll
1 Seer
fine, but there is not much he can do on his own... either take another mage, some bound spells and make that magic phase count or go for defence with lvl1s... 3 DD is usualy not enough... you can give your commander or prince radiant gem of hoeth or loremaster honour in order to get another one and keep some hitting power...

Spearmen (15#, 195 Pts)

Spearmen (15#, 195 Pts)

units are too small... bump'em up to 20...

Swordmasters of Hoeth (20#, 340 Pts)
Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Bladelord; Banner of Sorcery
ok... banner is needed only if you decide to go heavier on magic, otherwise it's pointless and too expensive...

Phoenix Guard (20#, 335 Pts)
Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Keeper of the Flame
drop them... beautiful models, but the unit is just not worth the price... you have enough blocks of troops, you need some support... pair of eagles is a must for this rare slot...

Silver Helms (5#, 165 Pts)
Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Champion; Heavy Armor; Shield; Banner of Ellyrion

very good...

with points left from PG, take some more cavalry... you have a solid line (for an elf :) ) to hold the enemy and chariots for countercharging but only one unit fast enough to go around the flanks... you need more than that...

hope this helps, best of luck...