PDA

View Full Version : Clan Skyre

moose
21-06-2007, 13:03
I've never played against dark elves but I thought i'd try a clan skyre [skaven] army.
Below is my list - it is a little cheddar but i'll be fighting a dragon and a few tooled up lords/heroes and lots of cavalry. Plus it looks suicidle to me ... the skaven way!

LORD/HERO:
Ikit Claw, Chief Warlock of Clan Skyre

CORE:
3 Poison wind globadiers
3 Poison wind globadiers
2 Ratling Guns
2 Warpfire throwers
2 x 20 Clanrats - musician - standard bearer
2 x 20 Clanrats - spears - musician - standard bearer
3 x 25 Slaves

SPECIAL:
10 Jezzails

RARE:
4 Warp lightning cannons

Thats 1995pts. Comments would be most welcome!

Aurellis
21-06-2007, 13:49
Not a bad list really moose, I'm looking forward to fighting it, it sounds like a challenging force to face.

forgottenlor
22-06-2007, 05:40
If he has spear throwers, you'll have to focus on taking them down early. I would consider at least 1 tunnel team.

pcgamer72
22-06-2007, 07:30
Warp Lightning Cannons are 2 for 1????!

moose
22-06-2007, 08:01
In clan skyre - warp lightning cannons are changed to special choices to fit in with the fluff of being a warpstone mechanical army. So you can take 4 at 2k points :).

Griefbringer
22-06-2007, 10:23
You have still marked your warp-lightning cannons as rare in your list, as well as jezzails as special, which gives the impression you would be playing regular Skaven list instead of the appendix list.

BTW: army lists should be posted on their own sub-forum, not on the main tactics forum.

fubukii
23-06-2007, 20:35
you plan on using the appendix list? if so you must gain your enemys permission to use it

The Anarchist
24-06-2007, 18:26
Looks a good set up, and whilst i know points are a problem but might want to put a BSB in there, your army needs some extra toys to keep it inplace s it dosn't break when charged decently.

also just a smal point, have the jezzils in two units of 5, i know thye can become more hit and miss in this way, but 10 together just seems unessecry as your oppopnet wil avoid them like the plague.

Baindread
25-06-2007, 12:01
also just a smal point, have the jezzils in two units of 5, i know thye can become more hit and miss in this way, but 10 together just seems unessecry as your oppopnet wil avoid them like the plague.

Good thing then that they can shoot 36", covering most of the table.

mossel
25-06-2007, 12:08
I'd take some more characters that can smash some DE, because your blocks won't be able to hold their ground after a charge by heavy cav joined by a character. Maybe one or two tooled up Warplock Engineers, to cast some Warp Lightning at the highest level. I'd drop 2 cannons and a block of clanrats to get them in. And maybe some Scouts? It will help to slow the DE down, so you can shoot 'em a little longer without killing your own troops.