PDA

View Full Version : Big line of goblins, were can I remove casualties?

eyeolas
22-06-2007, 21:35
I was thinking of having a huge line of sacrifice goblins at the front of my goblin froce with the stubborn banner, high ld from the general etc so they won't move. However if they do break I am a bit screwed, but that is goblins for you.

If I lose casualties, can I chose to take them from either end of the line, or do I have to take them evenly from each side?

theunwantedbeing
22-06-2007, 22:34
You take models evenly from each side if your just down to a single rank.

Festus
23-06-2007, 00:15
Correct. Taken evenly from the last rank (in your case the first and only) from both sides.

BRB, p.31

Festus

warlord hack'a
23-06-2007, 11:33
and remember you actually need to put the general IN the unit with the stubborn banner, otherwise the unit can choose between:
a) either their own stubborn ld
b) the ld of the general but modified by CR

T10
23-06-2007, 11:54
Correct. Taken evenly from the last rank (in your case the first and only) from both sides.

BRB, p.31

Festus

That's for shooting where handling casualties is relatively simple. :)

There are a couple of issues in close combat with regards to single-rank units, though. Here's a bit of brain-storming.

* The practical benefit of removing models simply "from the rear" no longer applies. You can easily remove the models that are actually slain, and those are the models in base contact with the enemy.

* Depending on how you remove the models, you may be reducing the number of models allowed to fight.

* Break tests, panic tests, fleeing and pursuit are all resolved before you are instructed to redress ranks. Depending on how models are removed, friendly units may or may not be affected by panic as the size of the unit will determine wether they are within range, and their width will determine if they run through other units. Even if the unit is rearranged into a solid formation, the positioning can be important.

-T10

eyeolas
23-06-2007, 22:02
Also, if you take casualties from the modles that actually die, the unit coulb be split in two, then run in two, and would be cery confusing if one half of the unit goes into and would stop in a friendly unit