PDA

View Full Version : What is the easiest Undead team?

Doombringers
24-06-2007, 02:58
I have a friend that is starting to play bloodbowl and has his heart set on playing as one of the three undead teams. Which one is the easiest for beginners?

I would assume Necromantic (all the 3 agility guys), but they will miss out on the Str 5 mummies.

What have you guys discovered?

As an aside, I play Dark Elves, but I am thinking of adding a skaven or wood elf team (I hate high elves). Does anyone have any insight into these teams?

Thanks for any inputs

grickherder
24-06-2007, 07:50
Not Khemri-- unless he just likes to hit. You *can* move the ball with Khemri, but it's totally different than the other two teams.

I'd say it's a toss up between Necromantic and the regular Undead. Werewolves can be hard to use for a beginner and there's nothing quite like S5 on the pitch. I'd actually have to say Undead over Necro. I'd also say not to bother with skeletons, zombies are almost always better-- especially for a beginning player. The Wights & Ghouls move the ball, everyone else hits. The Wights can hit too.

Don__Vito
26-06-2007, 15:02
I'd echo Grickherder and say NOT Khemri. They aren't a team for a new player at all, with AG2 at best a new guy will burn rerolls like nobodies business and not protect the ball enough, losing a lot of games and maybe losing interest in the game?

I'd say Undead are the easiest to play with, but Necro's more fun! The two Mummies mean you get more bash from the Undead guys, but the speed and slightly improved AG positionals on the Necro's give you more scope for ball playing.

For a new guy, I'd let them play a game or two of both and just proxy the models before he commits to one or the other. he may be the kind of guy who prefers to think elaborate passing plays through and run and dodge with the doggies, or he may just prefer beating the hell outta the LoS!

Darkson
28-06-2007, 00:36
Under LRB5, "plain" Undead is easier to use than Necro - both are a loooot easier than Khemri.

That said, I'd still take Necro over Undead.;)

th0r
28-06-2007, 09:49
I think Undead are the easiest as they have more positional players (2 more ghouls) and clear cut playing style. Although under the current rules Necromancers are a little better now that WW have regeneration, but still for a new player using the WW correctly could be difficult. Thats why i'd recommend Undead.

Doombringers
29-06-2007, 01:55
Thanks a lot guys, you've made our decision a LOT easier!