PDA

View Full Version : I am currently buiding a 2K TK tourney army and I'd like to know your opinions..

Slaydo
15-08-2005, 10:07
Hi all,

I am currently buiding a TK tourney army. I wanted lot's of heavy hitters that take the fight to the enemy. I came up with the list below. What do you think???? Viable?

Tomb King + chariot +armour of the ages 296
+ crown of kings + great weapon

Liche Priest + hieratic jar + cloak of the dunes 160 (hierophant)

Liche Priest + 1 dispel scroll 140

3 chariots 120

3 chariots + standard + icon of the sacred eye 190

12 skeleton horsemen + standard + warbanner 231

12 archers 96

3 ushapti 195

3 carrion 72

tomb scorpion 85

tomb scorpion 85

bone giant 220

screaming skull catapult + skulls of the foe 110

Grand total: 2000 pts on the dot.

I included the archers and the SSC to get rid of enemy tank units like knights and dwarves. chariots tend to bounce of these kind of things... :mad: The lich priest on foot with the scroll will accompany these for some SSC rapid firing.

Slaydo
18-08-2005, 08:50
Is it that good? C'mon people.... I am looking for some comments..

*****BUMP*****

corben_da
20-08-2005, 14:35
i think that there isn't enough of models in this army...
add one spearmen unit (20+) or tomb guard unit with prince in it :)

fubukii
20-08-2005, 14:57
the horsemen unit is too large cut it down. You already have fast cav in the means of your "light chariots". I suggest a Unit of skels that you can gain rank bonuses and outnumber from to take full advantage of fear. Run them up the center and use your magir to manuver chariots or ushabti into combatr on the flank of the targeted unit. i doubt the unit will be there much longer with you starting at +6 cr :)

Brother Edwin
20-08-2005, 20:59
I would lose the bone giant for another screaming skull catapult, the best war machine in the game.
I would also take tomb king then 3 priests since TK magic is very nasty.

However this is what I would least like to face however I guess it dosent apply much to yours since you say you want a go getter army.

Timber_Wolf
20-08-2005, 23:07
well, i don´t like a king on chariot, i use a prince with the chariot of fire and a greatweapon in a unit of 5 chariots with a standart, killst everything if it gets a flank charge of (and ther´s mageic for ^^).
one of your main prolems is that you have far too few models in your army and not enough rank and file to support your heavy guys.
undead, espacially tk´s are perfekt and nearly unbreakable if you use 2 or more units together (my all-time-favorite are either 24 skellies with la, shields and a king with the destroyer together with 4 ushabti for a flank charge, breaks everything, knights, chaos, dragons, if you block anything with the skellies, it´s game over enemy unit ^^ or on no.2 25 skellies with la, shield and spear and a bonegiant, for the not-so-super-hard units ^^).
actually, a ushabti costs a lot of points but is fairly weak and easy to destroy (T4 and 5+ AS isn´t much..), so they need to be placed anywhere where no nasty enemy characters can hit them, a nice flank charge for example...and so, you´ll need some infantry to hold your enemy´s units in position.

anyway...i´ve used a all mounted tk army several times. such armies are fun to play, but very fragile and difficult to play (cost me about 4 month to win my first game with it..). on tournament, use a good and solid mix with infantery and one or two heavy-hitting supporters, it´s much easy to play, has more options in movement and hth and is far more difficult to beat

Slaydo
22-08-2005, 07:59
Ok,

At last some usefull replies... Thanks ppl. The problem with blocks of infantry is mobility. There are too many mobile armies out there that do only 1 thing: run around blocks. I usually play skaven semi-horde and then I have no worries at all with infantry blocks cuz there are several blocks that can support each other. I do realise the potential of skellies with ushabti flanking next turn. The problem is that most people tend to avoid that kind of units like the plague. Why would you use the DOE? If people know about it they will avoid it at all costs.

Timber_Wolf
22-08-2005, 17:13
well, the main idea with khemri is that you can charge what you can´t see in one turn ;)

use your magic to charge units that think they are out of your charge angle, espacially chariots are really useful, with a potential 24´´ charge range in every direction you can hit a lot of stuff when and where you want.
against all this fast skirmisher units, the good old khemri bowmen are a must, hitting alway on 5+ is a real pain for some armies (woodies espacially *hrhrhr* ), so make sure you´ll take two or three units and focus on the skirmishers.
a catapulthit on a nearby infantery block also comes handy because you have quite a good chance to force a panic test for the skirmishers, too, next turn.
the other way is forcing your army forward with your magic so your enemy has to react on your moves.
and, if everything goes wrong, there´s this nice banner alowing you to reform before you declare charges...use it with a unit of tomb guards and leave a slight place near them so it seems you´ve done a mistake while placing your units and be sure, your enemy will use is, even he maybe suspects that you´ll have the banner (an all tim favorite is if you don´t use the banner when you have the option the first time but way for the second opinion, oh, i love that :p )

Slaydo
23-08-2005, 12:06
hi people,

I have made a few changes based on your comments... Please keep in mind that this list is built with the Dutch GT rules for army composition. This means that Special choices cannot be trippled and the Rare choices cannot be doubled.... I realised that the Bone Giant isn't very useful, I also dropped some horsemen. I was very reluctant to do this because you give up static combat resolution and an easy autobreak for other things. Do you guys have any experience with smaller horsemen units?

Instead of these I took an additional chariot, ushapti and a casket. This will force my opponant to come to me or be ground to dust by the casket. The additional -1 for enemy wizards casting spells is also useful. It also forces my opponent to reserve at least 2 DD for the casket. This means that my other spells are more likely to succeed as well as drawing out dispel scrolls very early in the game. Also 2 other units become more threatening: Now I have 2 units of 4 chariots and a unit of 4 Ushapti to hit the enemy with. I also hads 14 pts left so I took a regimental champion for the horsemen. He represents the unit's commander which is nice and fluffy IMHO. Plus I didn't know where to spend the points on :D

Here's the list:

Tomb King + chariot +armour of the ages 296
+ crown of kings + great weapon

Liche Priest + hieratic jar + cloak of the dunes 160 (hierophant)

Liche Priest + 1 dispel scroll 305
+ casket of souls

4 chariots 160

3 chariots + standard + icon of the sacred eye 190

8 skeleton horsemen + standard + warbanner 181
+ champion

12 archers 96

4 ushapti 260

3 carrion 72

tomb scorpion 85

tomb scorpion 85

screaming skull catapult + skulls of the foe 110

Grand total: 2000 pts on the dot.

What do you guys think? Better? More Competitive...

Outcast995
23-08-2005, 15:57
I think u need a one or two spounge units put them up front, and use magic to speed them up then when their flanked flank the fklankers with your charoits. Also TK can worry less abotu being flanked because they dont break so basiclly when your skelie regiments are charged they act as ean anchor so u can counter charge :).

Slaydo
24-08-2005, 07:18
If I wanted to countercharge and use sponge units I wouldnt use TK, I would use my own Skaven with lots of ranked units which I already own. I wanted something else.... I chose TK for their increased mobility and the challenge of using them effectively as a tournament army. Please read my 1st post.. Didn't I mention that I wanted an army full of heavy hitters that take the fight to the enemy???

What is the problem ppl??.. I don't want ranked units.. please understand this and keep it in mind when replying