PDA

View Full Version : Best Basic Infantry Unit

Aurellis
24-06-2007, 22:27
Me and my brother were speaking and we couldn't agree with what the best basic infantry unit in the game was considering stats and points cost. I argued the Necron Warrior and he argued for the Dark Eldar warrior. So i decided to create a poll on the subject! Vote away

I chose the Necron Warrior because of the armour save, the gauss flayer, the ressurection and the good all round stats.

NB: No room for the DE Warrior available on the poll!

Bloodknight
24-06-2007, 22:28
These are the two. The DE Warrior for stats, points cost and options, the Necron for being able to wound or glance anything and his general resilience.

Corrupt
24-06-2007, 22:30
Guard
Cheap, you get what you expect, can carry quite impressive firepower. Lots of ablative wound for the important types... ie gunners

winter has ended
24-06-2007, 22:30
erm you put eldar guardian lol, itsmeant to be dire avenger

Sir_Turalyon
24-06-2007, 22:31
DE Warrior. Shame there is no poll option.

Lord Malek The Red Knight
24-06-2007, 22:31
if you are going to put up Eldar Guardians instead of Dire Avengers, shouldnt you put IG Conscripts instead of Guardsmen?

~ Tim

moose
24-06-2007, 22:32
Funny how you didnt make DE warrior a choice then...!

Yes Dark Eldar warrior! Fleet, dark lances, bs4, i5, ws4, and 8pts making them expendable! Plus- they look GLAM ROCK BABY!

cleansingfury
24-06-2007, 22:33
I agree with Tim.

Necron Warriors cause they can stand up!
They can glance any vehicle, can own anything in the game!

god octo
24-06-2007, 22:33
I voted Sisters of battle. Few basic units can hold up a unit of banshees for a turn, or become fearless in an instant.

SwordsofChaos
24-06-2007, 22:37
Gaunts, they can have a basic S5 weapon that re-rolls wounds and be tailored for pretty much any job, from gun-fodder to super-gaunts!

MrPickles
24-06-2007, 22:47
Sisters of Battle, they are a bargain for their abilities.

Wolf Sgt Kirke
24-06-2007, 22:51
i voted space marine, but only cos grey hunter wasn't on the list - there are harder basic infanteers out there i'll grant you, but it always seems to be my GH's that WIN me games, they are just good all rounders.

Partisan Rimmo
24-06-2007, 22:51
You were trying to settle an argument, but when designing the poll you didn't allow the option for you to be demonstrated wrong?

Hmmmm. I abstain.

Mad Doc Grotsnik
24-06-2007, 22:53
For me, it has to be Kroot.

Why? They are 7 points a pop, quite capable in combat, with a respectable gun. Stick them in cover, and they can be a real pain in the **** for your opponent!

Ravenheart
24-06-2007, 22:59
The new Chaos Marine:

Sporting a pair of CC-weapons as well as a Bolter he is very flexible. Plus the squad has acces to Icons giving them various benfits.

monopeludo
24-06-2007, 23:01
I vote for the grey knits. They are resilent. They hit hard in close combat and can spit some good amount on fire while moving. They can do nearly any job in the field.

Stella Cadente
24-06-2007, 23:18
Easily Imperial Guardsmen, cheap and cheerful

TheEndIsHere
24-06-2007, 23:19
Necron Warriors: the model look awesome, there is no better troops choice, i would argue that all day nothing comes close and flankly, I play them...

TheEnd

Estavez
24-06-2007, 23:19
I vote for the grey knits. They are resilent. They hit hard in close combat and can spit some good amount on fire while moving. They can do nearly any job in the field.

Expensive though.

SOB though shoots and hits on 3+. Has power Armour, uses faith points for just 11 points. True they don't have certain unique aspects to them, but all round and great on average in comparison with others.

Lindworm
24-06-2007, 23:24
Necrons are woeful at close combat, their ressurection has to be to compensate for it. What's the difference between sisters and battle-brothers?

Space marines are the best all-rounders.

W0lf
24-06-2007, 23:24
Tau FW.

10 pt 30" st 5 weapon anyone?

closely followed by the New chaos marines and Necron warriors

Minos Engele
24-06-2007, 23:31
New Chaos Marines. Basic Marine statline but they have more weapons. Can also use Icons, becoming better at specific tasks.

Rockerfella
24-06-2007, 23:32
Great to see possibly the WORST basic unit getting a shout out in there. Here's to the total waste of time that is the Eldar Guardian. WHOOOHOOOOO!!!

Go boys, go do what you do best. Get shot.

I voted Necron warrior. All the benefits of a marine, looks better, and gets up after he's been slapped. Also, has a better gun. I hate them with a passion.

Cheers!

Estavez
24-06-2007, 23:36
Necrons are woeful at close combat, their ressurection has to be to compensate for it. What's the difference between sisters and battle-brothers?

SOB is cheaper, and has lower strength toughness and WS AND Intiative. But has certain aspects that make up for this fairly well. My fav thing is that using faith you can tie up combat for AGES. I once held up a BA dreddie for 3 turns doing that.

winter has ended
24-06-2007, 23:38
acttually grey knights are best all rounders lol they are a space marine but better equiped and has better stats and special rules

Getifa Ubazza
24-06-2007, 23:41
My vote would be for a Dark Eldar Warrior. Failing that a Chaos Marine.

mistformsquirrel
24-06-2007, 23:41
I'm gonna say the not-so-humble Battle Sister.

A bolter, power armor, BS4, all in an 11 point package. The squad also has good options available, and there's also the Faith thing to consider. All this for a cost of less than 2 guardsmen!

Aurellis
24-06-2007, 23:42
The new Chaos Marine:

Sporting a pair of CC-weapons as well as a Bolter he is very flexible. Plus the squad has acces to Icons giving them various benfits.

Can anyone point me to any pics of the new Chaos Marines?

scarletsquig
24-06-2007, 23:47
Dire Avengers, and yes, this poll fails for not including them or Dark Eldar.

Add them in as a replacement for guardians and grey knights and you'll have a decent spread to choose from.

TheEndIsHere
25-06-2007, 01:30
For those who say ohh i say space marines: SM should NEVER be chosen as the best troop choice: CSM surpas them in every aspect but also cheaper, and grey knight aren't the best all rounder, necrons are.

TheEnd

RampagingRavener
25-06-2007, 01:36
DE Warrior. Shame there is no poll option.

Yup, same here. Dark Eldar Warriors are pretty great for a basic infantry unit.

scarvet
25-06-2007, 01:39
What about Genestealers, Eldar ranger, bike, Dire Avenger, Wytch, grot, kroot, assault squad, death wing termi, ravenwing and other marine bikers, daemon, ripper swarm, nurgling, mutants.....etc?

acttually grey knights are best all rounders lol they are a space marine but better equiped and has better stats and special rules
OP say consider point cost..lol