PDA

View Full Version : Summer Lovin': AKA Warseer Mini exchange.

Pages : [1] 2 3

calcipher
25-06-2007, 04:49
Hello everyone.
Tired of painting the same minis day in and day out for your log? Have some minis lying around that need some summer love?:wtf:
Then join in on the summer mini exchange.
The premise is simple, just your bog standard mini exchange (lol rogue trader).
It will hopefully give us a break from the production line and the opportunity to paint something from a line we dont collect. We will be exchanging one mini with a randomly selected partner (kinky) and posting the WIP shots in this thread.

Rules: The miniature should be Gamesworkshop on a 25mm base.
The miniature should be unprimed and unconverted.

If you are interested in joining then just "signup" here with your name and the countries you are willing to post to. Posting one mini..even to the otherside of the world..should be inexpensive but there may be people who only want to post domestically.
Closing date for sign up is July 7th.
I will then randomly assign who you will post to and you can PM each other with your postal addresses.
Also, Scrubout our friend,fellow poster and member of FIREBASE magazine will be giving this coverage in FIREBASE should it be successful.:D
So dont be a stick in the mud..a long summer holiday of painting awaits! sign up! (and maybe even Rictus will get a mini painted!)

calcipher
25-06-2007, 04:49
CALCIPHER
will post anywhere.

sheep
25-06-2007, 05:08
Why not, sounds like good clean fun, til SC, Rictus, Scrubout, or Jase get here :D

Sheep
Will post anywhere

Cheers

Sheep

scrubout
25-06-2007, 06:05
Also, Scrubout our friend,fellow poster and member of FIREBASE magazine will be giving this coverage in FIREBASE should it be successful.

I can't guarantee that...were we to keep our progress quiet and hidden from prying eyes on the project log forum it might make a fun read...but there is really no point in 're-printing' a project log thread into an article for FIREBASE.

Perhaps we can open this up for debate? We could make this a place to discuss our progress together and organize, but no pictures. If we can avoid posting pictures it might make a worthy article to peruse...or at least a single page or so of the great miniature exchange results...hmm, if this catches on well it could actually be a nice Warseer tradition...mmmmkay?:chrome:

Why not, sounds like good clean fun, til SC, Rictus, Scrubout, or Jase get here

Hmm, and to think I always thought they spurred me on to new heights of obscenity...I'm not sure if I should feel offended or honored to be referred to next to their names. :p

Dirty old men...yes...filthy and lower the tone tremendously around here.

*ahem* I'm not old or dirty. I'm a staunch supporter of anti-gamer funk and will be turning 19 in about 3 months. I'm also in my third semester at the local junior college at the moment...so; maybe dirty and perchance filthy of mind, but definitely not old.

scrubout
Location: California, oh ya United States of America (I forget we're part of that country sometimes)
Will post anywhere

-scrubout

ice
25-06-2007, 06:37
Ice
Will post: ANYWHERE!!!
why: love of mini's

calcipher
25-06-2007, 06:41
@scrubout. Sure but I do want to see the results. Are you suggesting a different thread solely for pics and crit? no problem this end. Sorry about calling you old by the way...I wish I was 19 again*sigh*

scrubout
25-06-2007, 06:57
@scrubout. Sure but I do want to see the results. Are you suggesting a different thread solely for pics and crit? no problem this end. Sorry about calling you old by the way...I wish I was 19 again*sigh*

Don't be sorry at all! That joke was nothing compared to what the other old farts run me through whenever I poke my head in.

Here's the criteria for a FIREBASE article:
-We can't post pics of our models in a project log thread (why? what's the point of reading, or making space for, a FIREBASE article you already got the gist of on a project log thread! :eek: )
-We can discuss our progress through words in this log...but...
-...the real fun part would be to post the end result (whammo! we have been up to something!) what a bunch of warseer's accomplished in a one or two page mini-article with lots of mini-photos.

I see this as a chance to take someone else's unloved mini and make love to it with all kinds of bizarre color schemes. Throw conformity out the window kinda thing.

That's if everyone is willing to do the article, etc. The biggest surprise would be revealing what we've been working on and the finished result in FIREBASE. We could use this log as a motivator for ourselves and each other.

That's my idea. I'm curious what other people think of it. I don't care either way, I'd love to do an article personally, but it is really up to everyone else.

I write too much...:eyebrows:

*edit*: Welcome aboard ice!

-scrubout

calcipher
25-06-2007, 07:14
Cool, things should always have input and develop accordingly. Lets have text only and leave things to the imagination...more like a summer tease than full blown summer lovin! and save the pics for a grand unveiling. We can set a deadline when a few more people sign up.
so far.
Calcipher
Sheep
Scrubout
Ice.
Vimes.
DarkSarge.
Dominus ex Machina
Tyra-nid
Jasevx
DigitsDavid
Schoolcormorant
DeadlyHeadly
Connor
Dave is the Best
Wikear
Cookiescrumble
Melchiah
Rictus
Cpl-Hicks
Deathwing Marine
SirSpamalot
Raze
Althanan

Vimes
25-06-2007, 09:09
Vimes
Will post anywhere

calcipher
25-06-2007, 09:11
Welcome Vimes! Have fun and thanks for taking part.

DigitsDavid
25-06-2007, 09:15
If I could paint worth a damn, I'd join in! However, I will offer my wholehearted support to what sounds like a fun idea.

Good Luck guys!

calcipher
25-06-2007, 09:16
Oh behave yourself!...you are a great painter and modeler, youre in dammit, you just dont know it yet!

the_dark_sarge
25-06-2007, 10:32
The dark sarge (aka kieran)
Will post anywhere

im doing this becuase i want to paint random minis

Dominus Ex Machina
25-06-2007, 10:38
Dominus Ex Machina reporting
Location: The Royal kingdom of Sweden (well, the king has no actual power, and it's not really called that, but it sounds cool :D)
Will post: anywhere

jasevx
25-06-2007, 10:44
Jasevx
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain, Northern Ireland, Channel Islands and the Isle of Man (Had to beat yours Dominus!)
Will post: Worldwide!

Tyra_Nid
25-06-2007, 11:08
Yeah, ok, sounds like fun.

Although in the past, mail exchange things via Portent/Warseer have gone badly for me... I obviously dont learn from experience!

Tyra_Nid
Australia
Post Anywhere!

jasevx
25-06-2007, 11:12
DD, its one mini, not for a competition.

You can knock it out in a night the way you paint!

Have we a deadline on this by the way?

calcipher
25-06-2007, 11:38
Welcome to Dominus ex Machina, Darksarge,Tyra-nid and Jasevx. Deadline to join up is July 7th, then we can arrange between us the dealine for completing the work! This is going to be fun.

DigitsDavid
25-06-2007, 11:45
OK ok! So long as I'm not painting anything in Power Armour!

DigitsDavid
Will Post : Anywhere
Why: Because I've been badgered into it (I hate painting for myself, never mind anyone else!)

sheep
25-06-2007, 12:21
Should have worked this out before i said i'd do it, but are we painting a model then sending it, or being sent a model to paint?

Welcome all the new arrivals too :D

Cheers

Sheep

sheep
25-06-2007, 12:41
Do we send it back then, or keep it?

Cheers

Sheep

calcipher
25-06-2007, 12:50
MMmm..well we need to do a "photoshoot" at the end to see if Scrubout might use it in FIREBASE....after that I guess its up to you. Or we could put it to a vote? sending back seems nice, but I guess it would also be nice to keep it in your collection. what does everyone think?

schoolcormorant
25-06-2007, 12:51
schoolcormorant - Stephen
location - stealing a car stereo in The United Kingdom of great britain, northern ireland, wales Scotland (yeah...scotland :rolleyes:) the colonies and until recently Hong Kong.
Will post anywhere as long as it doesn't support fudememntalists, as we all know, if you feed a terrorist or fund a terrorist..you're a terrorist ;)

SC

calcipher
25-06-2007, 12:53
Dont worry SC no fundamentalists...just mentalists, Welcome on board.

Deadleyheadley
25-06-2007, 12:56
Count me in :) ,so the idea is that we all pick a mini from our collections and somebody else will paint it for you ,sounds good ;)

calcipher
25-06-2007, 12:57
You got it Deadly. Thanks for popping in!
(perhaps even more importantly is that some lucky bugger will get to see a model painted up by you!)

Deadleyheadley
25-06-2007, 12:59
You got it Deadly. Thanks for popping in!

no worrys, another question ,who picks who paints what :)

calcipher
25-06-2007, 13:01
Draw lots to find a partner when everyones had a chance to join up. PM each other postal addresses and send what you see fit. Post text only updates in this forum and wait for the grand unveiling at some point in the summer!

DigitsDavid
25-06-2007, 13:03
I forgot to mention - don't send me an Eldar either! *spit* filthy xeno scum!
(besides which, I REALLY can't paint them!)

Connor
25-06-2007, 13:27
Connor
condition: will post anywhere

Though being a more lurking than posting member of this forum, I am really interested in participating in this.

calcipher
25-06-2007, 14:48
Glad to have you Connor. Any chance of showing us a sample of your stuff?

dave is the best
25-06-2007, 16:11
I'll do it.

Dave
I will post anywhere.

DAve

wikear
25-06-2007, 16:29
wikear
Will post: ze Wurld

calcipher
25-06-2007, 16:32
Glad you could join in the fun Wikear and Dave...whenever I hear the name Dave it echoes in my head in a sinister robotic/computerized tone....

scrubout
25-06-2007, 16:40
Well, with this much interest in a summer miniature exchange we could probably make a half-way decent article showcasing our work at the end of the summer. Think GD but with lower standards! Haha! (oh, and for fun of course!)

For those of you that have signed up, that's a commitment now, I need feedback to this question:

Would you like to post visual progress of the miniature you receive in this thread? or Would you like to not post visual progress of the miniature you receive (your limited to verbal descriptions then in this thread) until we can unveil it all in one go in FIREBASE?

If we post visual progress of our work in this thread I'm not gonna go ahead with the FIREBASE article idea, as it then becomes a bit redundant for readers.

Okay, feedback, go!:D

-scrubout

cookiescrumble
25-06-2007, 16:41
Do we send back the painted mini?

anyway:

Paul - cookiescrumble
Location - UK
Will post anywhere as long as it has a postal service.

wikear
25-06-2007, 16:48
Would you like to post visual progress of the miniature you receive in this thread? or Would you like to not post visual progress of the miniature you receive (your limited to verbal descriptions then in this thread) until we can unveil it all in one go in FIREBASE?

I would prefer not to see any progress, but for the info's sake I think we should do WIP pics so we can send them to prove a progress... if need be.

Also, will we know who gets our mini or will it be confidential and organized thru PMs? I think it would be more fun, since there won't be any disappointed 'OOOooooh's' or excited 'Yyaaayy's'... just a thought.

DigitsDavid
25-06-2007, 17:00
If this is similar to "Dad's Army" in that we can source tips and techniques from each other, then surely we must post progress piccies here. To me, the community in this particular forum is more friendly and constructive than in most other forums and I'm not fussed about showing off in Firebase.

I also vote for sending the figures back at the end (You never know, I may get a Deadly!!!).

calcipher
25-06-2007, 17:21
I reckon that when everyone has signed up we should vote on.
1. Deadline
2.Progress pics or no progress pics
3. Send back mini or dont send back.
Lets be democratic about it...no fundamentalism remember. lol
Welcome to Cookiescrumble!

scrubout
25-06-2007, 17:23
Your right, it is too early to decide those pressing questions just yet.

However...I see Rictus and Marko lurking but no joining...get joining! :evilgrin:

-scrubout

Rictus
25-06-2007, 17:28
Your right, it is too early to decide those pressing questions just yet.

However...I see Rictus and Marko lurking but no joining...get joining! :evilgrin:

-scrubout

I'm not sure I really like you......:evilgrin:

I could join but going on past experience I wouldn't give the odds of me painting anything to be particularly high (except Dad's Army, of course).

Connor
25-06-2007, 17:32
Right first some of my work:
http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL410/9239211/16939372/261893402.jpg
My AL Luitenant

I vote for a deadline to be around august 31. Uni starts on the 3rd of September for me so I really want it to end before then.

Progress pics of everything! painting and sculpting!

And to send the mini's back

Melchiah
25-06-2007, 17:33
Sounds interesting.

Brad/Melchiah
Since dealing with Canadapost...I/you may or may not get the mini:eyebrows:

calcipher
25-06-2007, 17:33
Thats pretty cool man! wtf is it! I like it though. Votes logged.

so far.
Calcipher
Sheep
Scrubout
Ice.
Vimes.
DarkSarge.
Dominus ex Machina
Tyra-nid
Jasevx
DigitsDavid
Schoolcormorant
DeadlyHeadly
Connor
Dave is the Best
Wikear
Cookiescrumble
Melchiah
I'm updating the members list on p1 of the thread...but just to round it up.

Connor
25-06-2007, 17:37
It's a whole load of stuff.
Lill' list of item:

CSM breastplate
SM commander cape
Genestealer head
CSM mutation sprue strong arm and tentacle
CSM older style backpack (berserker IIRC)
Ushabti weapon
and I GSed the lower body

Rictus
26-06-2007, 00:12
Dominus Ex Machina reporting
Location: The Royal kingdom of Sweden (well, the king has no actual power, and it's not really called that, but it sounds cool :D)
Will post: anywhere
Now, now Dommy we all know you have Royal Blood in you. It might be a bit diluted but it's still in there, if a few (hundred) have accidents I am sure Sweden would find itself ruled by King Sneaky Pete the First.

schoolcormorant - Stephen
location - stealing a car stereo in The United Kingdom of great britain, northern ireland, wales Scotland (yeah...scotland :rolleyes:) the colonies and until recently Hong Kong.
You forgot Gibraltar which is a 'British Overseas Territory' and not technically part of the UK or a 'colony'. And of course the Falklands (25th Anniversary so you shouldn't forget the Falklanders).

Screw it count me in. I pity the fool who ends up getting anything I paint but what the hell I may end up with something by the royal gent above or anyone of the illustrious painters on here.

Name: Rictus
Will Post: To anywhere, except to scrubby who has a habit of upsetting me and I am not sure if he is worth either the effort of financial cost. If he wants something he can pick it up himself, lazy good for nothing bar stool.

PS: I reserve the right to think 'what the hell am I doing?' before changing my mind.

calcipher
26-06-2007, 00:16
Great to see you Rictus. Hows the postal service in Tartarus? lol

cpl_hicks
26-06-2007, 00:19
Cpl_Hicks
Will post anywhere.

Rictus
26-06-2007, 00:20
Great to see you Rictus. Hows the postal service in Tartarus? lol

Much to their annoyance they have a slightly better success rate than the Royal Mail, they have worked quite hard at lowering standards but they just can't seem to match the UK postal service.

calcipher
26-06-2007, 00:24
lol....I cant wait to get back to the UK, all that quality service and sarcasm!
19 members for the mini exchange so far. spread the word.
Welcome Cpl-Hicks!

deathwing_marine
26-06-2007, 04:59
I'm sure I could do it

deathwing_marine
USA
Will post anywhere, I guess. I'll believe you guys that its not expensive...

the_dark_sarge
26-06-2007, 07:32
hmm i think we should send back the mini ;)

jasevx
26-06-2007, 17:53
One question, how are we going to 'draw straws'.

Melchiah
26-06-2007, 18:38
Depending on how many more people sign up we could just use the list thats made and sent a model to the peoson next in line and the person at the bottom sents one to the top?

wikear
26-06-2007, 18:42
thats cool

or u can make a list of nicknames in excel in two exact same columns, one sort from a-z the oher from z-a...

simple and effective :D

Rictus
26-06-2007, 19:14
lol....I cant wait to get back to the UK, all that quality service and sarcasm!
Sarcasm is of course the national sport. The British Olympic Committee is currently trying to get it included in the Olympic programme in time for 2012.

Depending on how many more people sign up we could just use the list thats made and sent a model to the peoson next in line and the person at the bottom sents one to the top?
Now it is sensible suggestions like that that is ruining this community. What we need is a convoluted and complicated system involving charts, multiple dice, a piece of string (of unknown length), a Russian named Boris, a rubber chicken and a nipple clamp. Only then will we have an adequate system to give us the result we need. The ChartdiestringBorichicknipoooh method (patent applied for) is a fail safe method to resolve any dispute or answer any question.

jasevx
26-06-2007, 19:17
Once again, Rictus steals the show! Only one nipple clamp?

jasevx
26-06-2007, 19:45
Sal says she'll bring hers along to Games Day for you Rictus! ;)

Rictus
26-06-2007, 19:53
Sal says she'll bring hers along to Games Day for you Rictus! ;)

Ah that's nice of her. I now feel guilty for all the things I have insinuated about her in numerous threads.

Make sure she disinfects them first, better to be safe than sorry.

sir.spamalot
26-06-2007, 21:10
Mmmm string...

anyhow, sighn me up

Name:Guess!

...(Ok, Ok...I live in America, theres no denying it)

Will ship anywhere that doesn't cost over 10$..money is time they say(I think thats a saying, though I'm not entirely sure about it)

Cheers, thespammanthespammanthespammanthespamman

Althanan
26-06-2007, 22:43
Yanno what... count me in.

Name: Althanan/Conor
Will Post: Within the US (too bloody poor to afford overseas shipping, much as I'd love to get something of mine painted by one of you gents over yonder :()

EDIT --

Also, if you want my .02 on the pics/no pics thing... if someone wants an update on a specific model, why don't we just PM the pics? That way it stays under the radar, we get updates if/when we want, and we still get the FIREBASE article. Seems like a win/win to me...

cpl_hicks
27-06-2007, 00:32
from having a quick look thorugh Jasevx photobucket, ive seen the back of a women with brown hair in the woods, now unless he is a peeping tom and was stalking this women, i would guess that it is is wife.

Now on games day where are we going to have the duel :D

Raze
27-06-2007, 00:41
Im down

Raze
will post anywhere.

scrubout
27-06-2007, 02:51
Welcome aboard Raze, Althanan, and Sir. Spammie!

Althanan, shipping really isn't that bad. I suggest you reconsider *brandishes crow bar*...

Pulse, hell he'll go for a vacuum cleaner if he got his hands on it*...:p ;)

*see the aimless melodrama

sir.spamalot...spam that proceeds posters across multiple threads is truly legendary. Especially spam in reference to vacuum cleaner self-gratification.

-scrubout

calcipher
27-06-2007, 06:36
so far.
Calcipher
Sheep
Scrubout
Ice.
Vimes.
DarkSarge.
Dominus ex Machina
Tyra-nid
Jasevx
DigitsDavid
Schoolcormorant
DeadlyHeadly
Connor
Dave is the Best
Wikear
Cookiescrumble
Melchiah
Rictus
Cpl-Hicks
Deathwing Marine
SirSpamalot
Raze
Althanan
Metal fingered villain
De Selby
asmodai-dark86
RikkaRakka
Doghouse

Sorry for my absence. The real world not only intruded it literally beat my door down and raped and pillaged everything in my life. I got as job offer in the UK and I have a lot to do!
Welcome on board to Deathwing,Spammie (if I may) Raze and Althanan.
And big love to scrubout for being a friendly welcome party.
.....While I was offline I seem to have missed some bizarre party with nipple clamps and string! sods law.

Metal Fingered Villain
27-06-2007, 08:07
I've got some mini's lying around, so count me in. It's always fun to paint something new.
Metal Fingered Villain
Ship: Anywhere.

wikear
27-06-2007, 08:30
So... when do we start?

jasevx
27-06-2007, 09:24
Wheres the job offer then?

Now if we are supplying the person below us in the list, I'm really, really going to enjoy hereing him scream!

de Selby
27-06-2007, 12:45
Ok, I'm in.
Will post: to anywhere.

It's been asked a few times, but are we posting the minis back or keeping what we've been sent??? I'm in favour of posting things back as it may encourage people to send cooler stuff if they think they're going to see it returned.

I'm also in favour of logging pics and everything rather than waiting for Firebase, as I think this will keep the project more 'alive'. What do we do if someone drops out halfway? Do they have to send the mini back? Do they get their mini returned? Or are people just not allowed to drop out?

jasevx
27-06-2007, 12:49
I reckon we should all post them to scrubout after they're finished for the magazine!

wikear
27-06-2007, 13:21
Thats not the best idea. How much will it cost him to send them all back?

I think the pics should be sent to him for quality check.

asmodai_dark86
27-06-2007, 13:56
I'd rather it was more random then just the person below us - Come on how many people are going to be posting to get a mini from Razza? Or that lucky git who gets a mini of Sheep...

Anyways, count me in
Will post: anywhere (Was really tempted to be a bit English and add 'except belgium and france' :D)

I wouldnt mind seeing everyones work in progress, would be pretty cool

scrubout
27-06-2007, 15:16
Personally, I liked someone's suggestions of posting wip of that persons miniature via pm if they really want to see it.

Or

Part of joining this cause means you need to log your progress in words by a certain time each weak. This could encourage active participation in this log.

If your really curious about how your 'unloved' mini is doing, just flash 'em a pm for a pic update...or, conversely, you can flash a pm to the owner of the mini you recieved a pic of you progress.

Sending a butt-load of minis to me is bad...the cost of shipping to send them all back would force me to keep them all for myself. :angel:

When Calcipher declares it's deadline time I think we should all pm him our vote decisions, and within 24 hours shut down polls, and then he can assign us partners.

-scrubout

Rikka Rakka
27-06-2007, 15:30
Im in if I can be? It sounds fun!

Name: Rikka Rakka

Will post to UK (I dont have a job right now, im very very poor! :cries: )

scrubout
27-06-2007, 18:33
I saw someone else on the forum with The Captain Barbossa...and so I switched it to Daft Punk...I need to make up my mind one day...

-scrubout

sir.spamalot
27-06-2007, 18:35
But what happened to john lennon or whoever you had on there before? I used to always when quickly scrolling down pages think I was posting, because hwen I was going fast it looked like my avatar...

cheers, stalin the goat herder

thewizardofoz
27-06-2007, 20:57
Originally Posted by Rictus
hell it sounds like anything with a pulse is fair game to him.

Pulse, hell he'll go for a vacuum cleaner if he got his hands on it*...

so true, must be why there were so few updates for a while

(im not in, i have no spare minis or cash for postage, i just had to respond to that)

doghouse
27-06-2007, 21:08
I'd be up for this, might be fun!

Name: Doghouse

Will post: Anywhere in the known universe ('cept Mars).

So just to get this straight. We send off a mini to the person that is chosen as our painting buddy then they paint it and send it back?
Does it have to be a conversion? Regular minis sounds a bit dull.

Althanan
28-06-2007, 02:48
Althanan, shipping really isn't that bad. I suggest you reconsider *brandishes crow bar*...

When you're going paycheck to paycheck and currently have $5.32 in your checking account it looks worse ;)

I may reconsider tho, so please don't hit me! ... at least not with the rusty crowbar. It's been a few years since my last tetanus shot...

scrubout
28-06-2007, 03:17
When you're going paycheck to paycheck and currently have $5.32 in your checking account it looks worse ;)

I may reconsider tho, so please don't hit me! ... at least not with the rusty crowbar. It's been a few years since my last tetanus shot...

Aye Althanan, sorry abouts that. My apologies for rushing straight to the rusty crow bar threat.

Where o' where is our dear Calcipher to wrangle us up and get us back in line...?

-scrubout

sheep
28-06-2007, 06:44
I might have a few obscure models somewhere that need a lick of paint, thanks for the idea Jase :D

I have no problem with conversions, painting or sending.

Welcome to the new listees Btw :)

Cheers

Sheep

calcipher
28-06-2007, 08:57
Yeeeeeeeeeehah!! *galllops in creating a dust cloud...ready to wrangle!*
ok. So, the original idea was for me to randomly select your painting "buddy".
We will then exchange addresses via PM. Feel free to convert the mini and do something over the top and awe inspiring with the colour scheme too, its a one off after all!
People seem to veering towards painting and sending back, that sounds nice! especially for those paired with Deadly or Dominus!
When everyone has joined we will have a little huddle and vote on the other issues.
Consider yourselves wrangled!

the_dark_sarge
28-06-2007, 09:00
i want dominus as my painting partner
or maybe sheep
pity the hoff doesnt spend much time on Warseer anymore
it would of been nice to have him in a project like this
lol
kieran

ice
28-06-2007, 09:01
since it's 1:55 am here, and i have work in the morning. My question is:
Should the model be buy a certain company and of a certain genere?

calcipher
28-06-2007, 09:03
mmm..another good question Ice...I would say that originally I had intended it to be GW and 40k, since this thread is in the sci fi logs. However I have some really cool confrontation and one off minis lying around that could do with some lovin.....what do you reckon?

jasevx
28-06-2007, 09:12
Remember Firebase that 'maybe' covering this, is a 40k magazine

DigitsDavid
28-06-2007, 09:21
I take it we're talking Character figures / one offs etc rather than core / line unit troops?

Anyway, bring forward the deadline and let's find out who we're paired with!

I want to get the pain over with!

calcipher
28-06-2007, 09:25
I was thinking the same thing. NEW DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES IS THIS SUNDAY>
PAIRINGS ANNOUNCED ON MONDAY 1st JULY....hows that David?

DigitsDavid
28-06-2007, 09:29
I was thinking the same thing. NEW DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES IS THIS SUNDAY>
PAIRINGS ANNOUNCED ON MONDAY 1st JULY....hows that David?

Fine by me!

calcipher
28-06-2007, 09:34
Please send me a harlequin!!!!
so far.
Calcipher
Sheep
Scrubout
Ice.
Vimes.
DarkSarge.
Dominus ex Machina
Tyra-nid
Jasevx
DigitsDavid
Schoolcormorant
DeadlyHeadly
Connor
Dave is the Best
Wikear
Cookiescrumble
Melchiah
Rictus
Cpl-Hicks
Deathwing Marine
SirSpamalot
Raze
Althanan
Metal fingered villain
De Selby
asmodai-dark86
RikkaRakka
Doghouse
Pairings posted on monday...then we need to vote on a couple of "issues"

calcipher
28-06-2007, 09:40
issues to be addressed*
Deadline?...i.e when?
progress pics or no progress pics?=FIREBASE or no FIREBASE
Send back to owner or keep?
Please let me know what you think by Sunday night..Majority rules. If you dont reply you will just have to live with it.
CAL

wikear
28-06-2007, 09:51
Deadline:

Middle or end of august? gives time to postage delays and at least 3 weeks to paint, photograph, etc

progress pics / FIREBASE:

Well... I thought about it, and I think that to compromise both we could send pics to you, spamming ur inbox. This way we could have some control over progress, WIP pics for later (after shown in FIREBASE) and FIRBASE article...

Definetely send back, unless owner doesn't care.

DigitsDavid
28-06-2007, 09:59
Deadline:

End of august

Progress pics / FIREBASE:

Not fussed about Firebase. I like the idea of progress pics on here so we can support and make suggestions.

Send back. Isn't the idea to get figures painted you've had lying about?

the_dark_sarge
28-06-2007, 10:05
ok well who ever is paired with me needs to know im going on holiday to fiji on the 1st of july so i wont be able to send the mini or reply to any pms till the 18th of july
sorry bout this

also any chance of announcing pairings on sunday instead of monday so i know who im painting for before i go to fiji

thanks and sorry bout this, but a guy has to have some time off now and
then

kieran

edit:
my votes
Deadline:

End of august

hmm i like Wikears idea

Send back or discuss with your painting partner as to what you both want

jasevx
28-06-2007, 10:15
your going away for 11 months or do you mean 18th july? :)

the_dark_sarge
28-06-2007, 10:20
very funny jase
picking on my mistakes
nah im only going for 17 days unfortunately (11 months in fiji, arhh what awesomeness)
well ive edited my above thread

de Selby
28-06-2007, 11:34
Deadline:

End of august

Not fussed about Firebase. I like the idea of progress pics on here so we can support and make suggestions.

Send back. Isn't the idea to get figures painted you've had lying about?

I agree with all of these points: my votes are the same as DigitsDavid.

Additionally; if possible, can I be paired with someone abroad? It just seems more exciting that way.

And; I don't happen to have any exciting character figs lying about (I would guess many people are the same) and it seems like a waste of time and money to buy a GW character model off the shelf specifically to post it to someone else. Are people going to be happy with, for example, just a mix of interesting parts out of my bits box (totalling at least one figure, naturally)?

sir.spamalot
28-06-2007, 18:28
I am naturally a straggeler, the outrider, the shady guy in the corner of a bar, the man in the stool in the circle....

any way, on topic:

Deadline: end of august
Firebase: I really could care not, rather, I wouldn't care either way...
send back: hell yeah!

cheers, the spam man

de Selby
28-06-2007, 20:24
abroad from TLON UQBAR ORBIS TERTIUS?......thats everywhere then!

Hist ye!!! I already told you I'm in the uk. I'm sure I shall be rejoining Borges (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jorge_Luis_Borges)in his metafictional fantasy world sooner or later, but for now 'abroad' is everywhere beyond the reach of the Royal Mail and her deadly cylon postmen.

asmodai_dark86
28-06-2007, 20:41
I've just realised that Doghouse is on that list, and part of me's smiling at the sheer ironic delight I'd have at sending Doghouse a Doghouse 'Gothic' marine :D

While I'm on the subject, is there any guideline as to the figure were sending or is it just anything that we'd like to see the other person paint? Although with the later option I can see that kinda defeating the object of this whole thing.

cpl_hicks
28-06-2007, 22:47
i agree with DigitsDavid, on the sending back, deadlines etc

Rictus
28-06-2007, 23:01
think so!

Any stragglers pair them up.
But what if we have an odd number of participants? Does someone get left out in the cold like a man trying to take part in a threesome with a pair of lesbians? So close to being part of heaven but never getting any closer than the edge of the bed, looking in and seeing what could of been....

cpl_hicks
28-06-2007, 23:14
well if we have an odd number im more than willing to go for a threesome :eek: :D

Fenriz
28-06-2007, 23:57
Ah, go on then.

Im in the UK and im fine with posting wherever. :)

Dominus Ex Machina
29-06-2007, 01:57
"Send back to owner or keep?"
Personally I'd like to keep it... But I wouldn't have anything against sending it back either if that is what the majority wants. I'm in this mostly to get to paint something that I wouldn't paint otherwise, I feel that "the painting adventures of Dominus Ex Machina" aren’t so very adventurous at the moment. What I want is an excuse to paint something that preferably I haven't tried before and preferably that something would be challenging to paint as well... I'd not be happy to paint your average guardsman... but then again, we are free to convert you said? Hmm, *goes off to ponder crazy things to do to guardsmen*

Raze
29-06-2007, 03:12
Deadline? Whenever, I am at the post office daily and have plenty of free time, its pretty much impossible to inconvienece me over painting and mailing a mini!

progress pics or no progress pics?=FIREBASE or no FIREBASE? Once again, whatever... I have a digicam and can post some decent if people are interested in seeing them. But if you would rather have it be a suprise then so be it.

Send back to owner or keep? Defenitly send back, No point in me spending a great deal of time on painting a perfect model that I will never use :p

Melchiah
29-06-2007, 04:29
How are the pairings being desided?
Should we list what spare models we have or is this a surprise?

jasevx
29-06-2007, 09:28
But what if we have an odd number of participants? Does someone get left out in the cold like a man trying to take part in a threesome with a pair of lesbians? So close to being part of heaven but never getting any closer than the edge of the bed, looking in and seeing what could of been....

Thats very nieve of you old boy!

Just pretend your an Australian, set the video camera up and go sheep hunting...

Think people are way to complicating this.

a) It has to be 40k
b) 25mm base model, so no Dreads!
c) returned to originator (tho I'm with Dominius on this, not fussed either way).

Melchiah
29-06-2007, 09:46
Think people are way to complicating this.
a) It has to be 40k
b) 25mm base model, so no Dreads!
c) returned to originator (tho I'm with Dominius on this, not fussed either way).
Heres my view on this, any plastic 25mm model core/troop choises. Returning would lie with the amgrment of both parties before the exchange.

Dominus Ex Machina
29-06-2007, 12:08

I'd be more than happy to paint and send two minis if it would be required, so consider that problem solved.

Oops, cpl_hicks beat me too it. Oh well, if he'd change his mind, I'd like to be second in line :cool:

de Selby
29-06-2007, 13:23
Easy: take three people a, b and c.
a sends to b
b -> c
c -> a

then send back. In fact we could do the whole thing like this, it might be more interesting than a straight exchange...

Catferret
30-06-2007, 00:49
Too late to add in a UK based Catferret? He can probly post a model anywhere if he can find a spare 40k model that isn't built or converted...

Rikka Rakka
30-06-2007, 01:56
I honestly dont mind what happens, I tend to get attached to models I paint but if someone wants it back for display they can have it! Im a pretty decent painter so someone can have something nice on their desk! Cool!

I wouldnt particulary like to paint a non GW model though, just personal preference...

Oh, also Firebase coverage would kick ass!

This is such a nice idea! Ive already got a pretty good idea what im sending...

DigitsDavid
30-06-2007, 09:52
Easy: take three people a, b and c.
a sends to b
b -> c
c -> a

then send back. In fact we could do the whole thing like this, it might be more interesting than a straight exchange...

I like this idea!!

calcipher
30-06-2007, 09:54
ATTENTION MINI EXCHANGERS!!!!!!
At the request of a few of you by PM I decided to speed things up a little.
The pairings are*drum roll please.......................*
(this was done at random..in fact it was literally drawn out of a hat by my beautiful wife!)
In no particular order.
Althanan +Melchiah
DigitsDavid + Scrubout
Calcipher+Darksarge
CorporalHicks+Rictus
Deselby+Daveisthebest
Deathwingmarine+Wikear
DeadlyHeadly+Catferret
Vimes+Dominus ex machina
Tyra-nid+Cookiescrumble
SirSpamalot+Sheep
Asmodai dark 86+RikkaRakka
Ice+Raze
Schoolcormorant+Metal fingered Villain
Jasevx+Fenriz
Doghouse+Connor

If there are any errors here watchout for an edit.

By popular vote the deadline will be the end of August.
We will send 40k GW minis on a 25mm base
Conversions and bizarre colorschemes are most welcome
We will send the mini back to its owner when complete.
Feel free to post updates in this thread with pics but be aware if you do we probaly wont get into FIREBASE.
Now find your partners dosie do.....or at least PM each other with your addresses and let battle commence!!!!!!
woohoooooooo!:D :D :eek:

jasevx
30-06-2007, 10:54
Scrubby, make sure Dave gets Eldar in Power Armour, its his dream to paint one! ;)

Ok I've got Fenriz, mmm, better check his logs to see what he's good at!

PS: are we allowed minor conversions? Like sword, weapon swaps etc? Just thought it would be more interesting for Scrubouts article.

Fenriz
30-06-2007, 12:25
Awesome, jasevx has sent me his address, and iv just replied with mine.

The game is afoot! :D

calcipher
30-06-2007, 13:33
ENJOY YOURSELVES GUYS! and keep us posted with details.
catferret joined last and got Deadly....grumble grumble.lol

jasevx
30-06-2007, 13:40
Can we get a idea whats allowed conversionwise, or is it how it comes? If they are being returned, they need to stay as they were sent really.

calcipher
30-06-2007, 13:44
no...not so! convert away buddy...get scalpel happy thats what I say!

sir.spamalot
30-06-2007, 16:18
Oh1 wow that was quick, do we convert our model then send it or do our recipients convert it when it gets there?

cheers, The spam man.

EDIT:I have sheep! W00t

asmodai_dark86
30-06-2007, 22:10
Conversions allowed? Really?? REALLY????

*AD gets a mad glint in his eye, and laughs manically... Mwahahaha like that*

No to drink my cheap bottle of wine and build a model worthy or the goblin king (which rikka is, there rather spiffy)

ice
01-07-2007, 02:16
If anyone is interested in trading more then one model post away!
I certainly am!

Catferret
01-07-2007, 03:34
Thanks for adding me in at the end there. Thought this sounded fun. Kind of embarrassed about the fairly tame model I'm sending Deadley's way now...

Oh well... PM sent Deadly! :D

Melchiah
01-07-2007, 03:47
do we annouce what we ae sending/getting or wait till the pics come up?

calcipher
01-07-2007, 09:07
As you please Melchiah...waiting for the pics sounds like a nice surprise,...dont want to spoil the recipients fun right?

calcipher
01-07-2007, 11:25
ATTENTION MINI EXCHANGERS!!!!!!

In no particular order.
Althanan +Melchiah
DigitsDavid + Scrubout
Calcipher+Darksarge
CorporalHicks+Rictus
Deselby+Daveisthebest
Deathwingmarine+Wikear
DeadlyHeadly+Catferret
Vimes+Dominus ex machina
Tyra-nid+Cookiescrumble
SirSpamalot+Sheep
Asmodai dark 86+RikkaRakka
Ice+Raze
Schoolcormorant+Metal fingered Villain
Jasevx+Fenriz
Doghouse+Connor

HERE is the list again. If you have any problems contacting your "partner" please post here and perhaps we can hook up a new one.
CAL

Jase
01-07-2007, 12:09
Darn!

I saw this thread too late :(

Good luck to you all and get those pictures coming!

calcipher
01-07-2007, 12:20
hey man...pm me your address and Ill exchange with you too. CAL

Vimes
01-07-2007, 18:05
Juhuuuuuuuu,
i'm a lucky git indeed.
Dominus, you will get a mini that i didn't dare(=want to, because of ineptitude) to paint since 2000:D:)
cheers

Dominus Ex Machina
01-07-2007, 20:40
well, I'll have to give him a suitably good paintjob then.

Can we make display bases for the minis we exchange? Nothing super big n' fancy but still, I wanna make one for this mini. Vimes showed me the mini he mentioned via PM and it looks great, but in need of a display base (not attaching the mini to the display base though, the mini and its 28mm base will be removable from the display base). Is this ok with the "rules" for this thing? And, more importantly, for you Vimes?

Melchiah
01-07-2007, 20:45
I dont see why not, i'ld just think of it as a gift.

Vimes
01-07-2007, 20:46
More than ok for me Dominus, since i wanted him to be part of a minidiorama with an ork or banshee:)

Melchiah, that's a very fine idea:)

Cheers

cpl_hicks
02-07-2007, 00:31
Can't let hicks down with a sub standard choice

Damn, that means ive got to do the same

EDIT:I have sheep! W00t

i hope that you have got some velcro gloves :D, oh you mean you have got Sheep not sheep my bad :P

Lone Monkey
02-07-2007, 01:27
Don't suppose there are any stragglers that still need a partner? I'd love to jump in on this.

calcipher
02-07-2007, 02:37
lone monkey please send a PM to Jase and explain that you joined late too. He needs a partner..I was going to exchange with him but its better that you do.

Melchiah
02-07-2007, 06:37
lone monkey please send a PM to Jase and explain that you joined late too. He needs a partner..I was going to exchange with him but its better that you do.New comings get paired up as they come?

Astador
02-07-2007, 07:28
good luck guys!

Jase
02-07-2007, 07:46
Ok, Lone Monkey and yours truly are a couple now ;)

I'll send out a mini later today.

de Selby
02-07-2007, 13:23
Superb, things are really moving. Compare and contrast with the Battle Barge project... ;)

I am paired with Daveisthebest; PM to be sent any minute.

Further to my comments about not being sure what to send, I bought something very cool (second hand) over the weekend, so problem solved.

thepaintingmonkey
03-07-2007, 03:13
Curses to my lateness! If there are anymore straglers/ people who have to drop out then I'd love to take part. Good luck guys!

calcipher
03-07-2007, 03:44
Painting monkey..please send a PM to Astador, you guys can hook up. Im quickly starting to feel like a dating agency here. lol

ice
03-07-2007, 04:12
It's okay Cal, if only their models would hook up...

Catferret
03-07-2007, 13:02
No mini for me yet but in all fairness, I haven't sent one to Deadly yet. Am gonna do it today though!

Deadleyheadley
03-07-2007, 13:04
No mini for me yet but in all fairness, I haven't sent one to Deadly yet. Am gonna do it today though!

I will be posting yours today still goto choose what im sending you :) Ive got a couple to choose from,I will post pictures of the short list of what i might be sending you :)

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/9959/compmess016mediumts8.jpg

Catferret
03-07-2007, 13:07
lol. I am trying to find the legs for the new model I decided to send. if I can't find them by 2pm then I'm gonna have to send something less funktacular.

EDIT: Found the bits! Shall be posted later today. :evilgrin:

de Selby
03-07-2007, 15:05
I have posted my selection to Daveisthebest.

Did we decide to save everything for Firebase or not? I'd really prefer to log it, otherwise spending significant time on my exchange mini is going to kill my log-of-tau-and-others.

hiveminion
03-07-2007, 15:15
I suspect someone thought rating a thread 1 is funny? :eyebrows:

Have fun everybody!

scrubout
03-07-2007, 19:12
I suspect someone thought rating a thread 1 is funny? :eyebrows:

Hmm...I echo the :eyebrows: expression...

In any case, I hope 'DigitsD' likes what I sent him...I just realize I forgot a base, but it would be great if he tried to make it into a mini-diorama.

I'm gonna attempt to do some dynamic basing of my own whenever I get what wonderful surprise he sent me.

And remember DigitsD, shotguns are good for the undead! :skull:

-scrubout

Althanan
04-07-2007, 03:38
I know what Melchia is getting, just need some extra cash to send it... my payday check went entirely to rent :(

Melchiah
04-07-2007, 05:02
I know what Melchiah is getting, just need some extra cash to send it... my payday check went entirely to rent :(Well i hope you know what your sending me lol
I feel your pain too brother. Have to find the energy to strip the one im sending you but its hard to "want" to do something when there no air doesnt breath in a city and just gets stuffy.

Althanan
04-07-2007, 06:56
You don't have to strip anything on my account if it's not something you want to strip. Besides, I'm not certain I'm up to the task of making what you mentioned look good ;)

cookiescrumble
04-07-2007, 08:46
Myself and Tyra-Nid have been in contact and have exchanged addresses. Now I just need to find a mini to send...

jasevx
04-07-2007, 09:10
I have posted my selection to Daveisthebest.

Did we decide to save everything for Firebase or not? I'd really prefer to log it, otherwise spending significant time on my exchange mini is going to kill my log-of-tau-and-others.

Photo of the model when it arrives, but none after, so thats left to firebase.

You can post and describe what you plan, have done, scrapped etc. Leave it to the imagination.

One thing, even tho not putting pictures up on here, make sure you take some and save, as soon as firebase has used what it needs they can come up on here!

Extension
04-07-2007, 13:07
Extension
Will Post: Anywhere within the galaxy

cheers

-extension

DigitsDavid
04-07-2007, 14:37
In any case, I hope 'DigitsD' likes what I sent him...I just realize I forgot a base, but it would be great if he tried to make it into a mini-diorama.

I'm gonna attempt to do some dynamic basing of my own whenever I get what wonderful surprise he sent me.

And remember DigitsD, shotguns are good for the undead! :skull:

-scrubout

OK, I can assume that it isn't a xeno scum Eldar *spit* if it's armed with a shotgun! That's a start!

As for building a base, that's going to be fun. :rolleyes:

Do we have to keep it to a small round, or can we go up a size? Can the figure "donator" tell the painter at least the "environment" he is looking to play the piece in? Also, like myself, I always paint the edge of the base one colour, no matter what the figure or base detail. It would be handy to know the donators preference.

asmodai_dark86
04-07-2007, 15:08
Well mine got sent off today after a bout of illness (so if your expecting anything off me and see this, you know why) - certainly wasnt what I intended to send out. I had intended to send off a doghouse style marine but I havent had time to build any beyond what I've got and they've all got painted.

Oh well, it should cause an interesting reaction :D

Jase
04-07-2007, 17:15
Well, Lone Monkey and me have also posted our minis, now it's up to the mail...

Deadleyheadley
04-07-2007, 17:15
lol. I am trying to find the legs for the new model I decided to send. if I can't find them by 2pm then I'm gonna have to send something less funktacular.

EDIT: Found the bits! Shall be posted later today. :evilgrin:

Cheers mate ,its arived today you should get your by tommorow and i now understand why the evil grin :( but im up for the challange ,Ive desided on a display base aswell :)

Fenriz
04-07-2007, 17:21
Photo of the model when it arrives, but none after, so thats left to firebase.

You can post and describe what you plan, have done, scrapped etc. Leave it to the imagination.

One thing, even tho not putting pictures up on here, make sure you take some and save, as soon as firebase has used what it needs they can come up on here!

Yours arrived this morning. :D

Im posting yours in the morning, so you should get it on saturday. Still undecided which of the two models i have shortlisted that youll get. Suffice to say, theyre both reasonably special models. ;)

And thanks for the one youve sent me, iv got loads of great ideas in mind.

Do these models have to be based on 25mm bases? Or can we make full display bases at 40/60mm?

Deadleyheadley
04-07-2007, 17:45
Is there any chance somebody could list the full rules on this project please ,Just so Im clear before I start ;)

Fenriz
04-07-2007, 17:50
Is there any chance somebody could list the full rules on this project please ,Just so Im clear before I start ;)

Yeah, please. Itd be really helpful before i start making any plans.

jasevx
04-07-2007, 18:31
Yes where is the organiser, been rather quiet in Japan!

asmodai_dark86
04-07-2007, 18:33
I think its:

1) Post up what you get from your partner
2) Take WIP shots, but dont post them up
3) When there finished, check with Calcipher (as this is his shindig) and get the OK to post the picture up.
4) Post all your best WIP and show how you did it!

Apart from that, general fight club rules and battle royale rules apply unless theres not enough bridge, in which case we enter a round robin with a knockout of the 7th and 8th and a swingback of the remaining deulists.

Thats only of course, if theres not enough bridge

Melchiah
04-07-2007, 19:36
Apart from that, general fight club rules and battle royale rules apply unless theres not enough bridge, in which case we enter a round robin with a knockout of the 7th and 8th and a swingback of the remaining deulists.you forgot about the 2 man sack race held on every other sunday.:cheese:

Catferret
05-07-2007, 00:18
Cheers mate ,its arived today you should get your by tommorow and i now understand why the evil grin :( but im up for the challange ,Ive desided on a display base aswell :)

Hehehe. Thought it would be worthy of your talents. Do anything you like with it, base and all. I bought that model purely because it looks nice. Never got round to doing anything with it though so let your imagination run riot! It shall be a display piece.

jasevx
05-07-2007, 15:06
God the suspense is killing me! Just expecting Fenris to have sent something to wind me up! mmm

Fenriz
05-07-2007, 16:29
Hahaha, maybe i have! :p

Sent it first class this morning, should be with you saturday id imagine, perhaps tomorrow if royal mail actually do their jobs efficiently. :D

Enjoy. ;)

spikyjames
05-07-2007, 22:18
oh well... kinda missed this one, been in spain for the last 3 weeks.

any spare people, loose ends?

looking forward to seeing the results.

james

asmodai_dark86
05-07-2007, 22:46
Before anyone else nabs it - Id be more then happy to swap a mini with you if no one else joins up (hey, it could happen, I could get lucky :D ). More the merrier thats what I say.

cpl_hicks
05-07-2007, 23:19
well Rictus's minature turned up today, a Genestealer Magos, covered in some funky white stuff, i think its spray but it does seem to have left some white powdery substance beneath the base.:wtf:

El-Diablo
05-07-2007, 23:29
I'll tag along with this one if theres a spare spot.

Sadly im only posting within the UK.

El Diablo

cpl_hicks
05-07-2007, 23:35
i say spikyjames and El-Diablo join up then.

El-Diablo
05-07-2007, 23:36
Im cool with that if James is?

El Diablo

asmodai_dark86
05-07-2007, 23:55
Now thats a cool combo :D Calcipher should be along shortly to give it the nod, but it sounds cool to me.

Catferret
06-07-2007, 00:28
I'm still waiting on my model from Deadly. Think the woman upstairs has stolen it along with the rest of my mail. She also sneaks into my flat and eats my chocolate and moves my models around. None of my flatmates believe me...

calcipher
06-07-2007, 07:47
Spikey james and El Diablo...*nods his approval* lol
(from what Ive heard Spikey is more than just a little bit good at painting huh?)
Please PM each other if you havent already and check the thread for the rules.
CAL

jasevx
06-07-2007, 09:47
I'm still waiting on my model from Deadly. Think the woman upstairs has stolen it along with the rest of my mail. She also sneaks into my flat and eats my chocolate and moves my models around. None of my flatmates believe me...

Catferret, I have the same problem, unfortunately I chose to live with her...

sheep
06-07-2007, 09:58
Spam mans model should be winging its way to him as we speak (or type)

a Genestealer Magos

Lucky bastard :D Always wanted to paint one of those.

Cheers

Sheep

jasevx
06-07-2007, 10:08
Well mines just arrived in the post, god I hate Fenris with avengence, I sold my Tau, and they are seeping back! ;)

Nice model tho, and yes it is a challenge, git.

Fenriz
06-07-2007, 11:25
Youre welcome. :p Hahaha.

Looking forward to seeing what youll do with him.

As for the mini you sent me, im just waiting for confirmation on how i can base him, then ill be breaking out the modelling tools and the greenstuff. :D

So Calcipher, can we do scenic bases at larger than 25mm?

spikyjames
06-07-2007, 13:13
cool i've got a spot. i'll pm el-diablo shortly.

james

Catferret
06-07-2007, 13:42
You still live with your mom then Cat?

Catferret, I have the same problem, unfortunately I chose to live with her...

Not my mum. She lives far away. Tis the landlady who lives in flat above. I swear she steals my mail though. The chocolate and model thing could conceivably be my flatmates trying to tidy but I'm a man of conviction and am gonna stick with the crazy lady theory. :D

Model from Deadly arrived today. Can start working on it tomorrow. :D

jasevx
06-07-2007, 13:51
What you got, you are allowed to tell, just no photos in WIP.

Catferret
06-07-2007, 13:53
What you got, you are allowed to tell, just no photos in WIP.

Commissar Gaunt. Means I gotta paint a Camo Cloak. Dunno what colours yet. The rest of him should be fine.

Dunno if I should tell everybody what I sent Deadly. It was kinda mean...

Vimes
06-07-2007, 14:00
Got from Dominus the Terminator Captain. Will see what i am going to do with it:evilgrin:

Cheers

jasevx
06-07-2007, 14:10
Commissar Gaunt. Means I gotta paint a Camo Cloak. Dunno what colours yet. The rest of him should be fine.

Dunno if I should tell everybody what I sent Deadly. It was kinda mean...

Let him squirm it out!

Think as soon as everyones got a model, the boss needs to update the front page with what everyones got.

Rictus asked me to do it with Dads Army and it helps alot keeping track!

DigitsDavid
06-07-2007, 14:24
Hmmm. Still waiting. :( Scrubs sent it I know, but the trouble with having overseas "figure buddies" is the snail mail postal services. I'm sure he's still awaiting mine.

Have we agreed yet that we can up base to 40mm?

jasevx
06-07-2007, 14:28
Dunno, wheres the Nippon boy, he's the boss!!!

DigitsDavid
06-07-2007, 14:31
Well, I think that so many are asking to do it, plus it gives more opportunity to convert / base plus most hero figures can be based on 40mm, so I say, let's make an executive decision and say YES.

I'm damn sure that when Cal let's back from reconnoitering Pearl, that he'd agree!

jasevx
06-07-2007, 14:34
Helps me out, Fenris has sent me a Kroot Shamen, so its really needed for its authority.

calcipher
06-07-2007, 14:55
Gotta remember that the "nippon boy" lives in a wildly different timezone (for now.....) 40mm sounds fine to me! more space,more scope more fun! CAL

jasevx
06-07-2007, 14:57
glad you spotted the addy, not a lord of the rings player at all! ;)

Deadleyheadley
06-07-2007, 17:34
Hmmm. Still waiting. :( Scrubs sent it I know, but the trouble with having overseas "figure buddies" is the snail mail postal services. I'm sure he's still awaiting mine.

Have we agreed yet that we can up base to 40mm?

I got this http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99060104114&orignav=9

This will test me but Im sure i can work out a colour scheme :) and nice base

calcipher
06-07-2007, 18:10
lol! Thats excellent..Im glad you got a harlequin Deadly...now you can really show off!

Rictus
06-07-2007, 18:12
Well I had an extremely well packed parcel turn up today containing a Vossie Sniper. Thanks hicks. What the hell do I do with him now?

Deadleyheadley
06-07-2007, 18:12
lol! Thats excellent..Im glad you got a harlequin Deadly...now you can really show off!

Your glad ,all i was hoping was that i didnt get a harlequin :p,Is there a chance that you could post the full rules so that i can make a start on it as I iching to get started ;)

plus i forgot heres a picture of the mini plus what i will be using for ideas
http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/9682/compmess017mediumbz3.jpg

Light of the Emperor
06-07-2007, 18:50
Well I had an extremely well packed parcel turn up today containing a Vossie Sniper. Thanks hicks. What the hell do I do with him now?

Send him to me? :D;)

Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

ice
06-07-2007, 18:56
Deadly: that's awesome, and so old school!
I'm still waiting on my model as well, and Raze is probably still waiting on mine, the one thing i wish we could've kept from the BE (British Empire) was the excellent postal service!

Rictus
06-07-2007, 19:00
Send him to me? :D;)
Cheeky swine, just for that I'm not going to steal your scheme and paint to an even higher standard, no I shall take a boring scheme and paint it badly just to spite you (or at least that is the excuse I am going to use for the end result:D).

Can't wait to see what you come up with Deadly. The rate you work you'll have finished it by Monday;).

El-Diablo
06-07-2007, 19:01
PM's have been exchanged and figure choices made. Can anyone point me to the post which has the most up to date version of the 'rules'?

Cheers

El Diablo

jasevx
06-07-2007, 19:45
Correct me if I'm wrong Cal, but this is how it stands:

Up to 40mm base allowed
Initial photo can be put up, but none after, however do take photo's and store for the project after Scrubby has had his wicked way with it.

Updates by written description until we've the all clear.

The only part is returning the models, I think that will be consent between the pairs tho. Shame we can't sell them for charity actually!

dave is the best
06-07-2007, 19:50
Shame we can't sell them for charity actually!

Thats a awsome idea. Maybe we could get a vote to see who would like that to happen?

Dave

Raze
06-07-2007, 19:52
Deadly: that's awesome, and so old school!
I'm still waiting on my model as well, and Raze is probably still waiting on mine, the one thing i wish we could've kept from the BE (British Empire) was the excellent postal service!

Yeah, I sent it airmail, witch the Lady said 7-11 days. The 5-7 day method was over $22!! Apparently, the us postal service has gone mad and abandoned ground service. havent recieved yours as of yeat.

And its a good thing you like oldschool models, as I sent you something from second edition... that was still in the blister lol.

spikyjames
06-07-2007, 20:07
Thats a awsome idea. Maybe we could get a vote to see who would like that to happen?

Dave

although a good idea, i don't think it's right this time around.

if it had been mentioned at the start yeah maybe. i think it should be left for another time personally.

james

de Selby
06-07-2007, 20:20
I think things are complicated enough. Someone could start a seperate thread to organise a charity miniature painting drive if they like.

Althanan
06-07-2007, 20:30
What the hell do I do with him now?

I believe the idea is to paint the bugger ;)

I'd be all for a charity event in addition to this, BTW.

Raze
06-07-2007, 20:35
I'm all for an additional charity event, Plenty of spare minis sitting around. Preferably something for children, or animals. People over 18 can handle there own problems :P

dave is the best
06-07-2007, 20:57
Ok if there is a intrest i will run a charity event a bit later on.

Anyway i got my model today.

Dave

de Selby
06-07-2007, 21:02
Glad to hear it arrived. My intent was that you should aim for something more interesting than black as far as the scheme goes, to make it interesting. It's been broken off the base tab and repaired with superglue, so don't worry if it comes off again.

dave is the best
06-07-2007, 21:06
I have put it on a senic base and i am planning to paint it red probably.

Dave

thepaintingmonkey
06-07-2007, 21:18
Right, well Astadors model is off, hopefully leaving enough time. Think I might start building a base to put the incoming fellow on.
It's really helping me with my painting block - just thinking of having a break before continuing with the marines is encouraging me. Anyone else finding this?

cpl_hicks
07-07-2007, 00:16

yeah i think i went a bit overboard on the packaging, though that big bubble wrap is actually from your parcel to me, yours arrived and i decided to use the bigger bubbles on your parcel :D.

I must say the Royal Mail is extremely efficient, i wouldnt have expected you to recieve it until, Saturday/Monday

On the painting of it, i was always going to use that model as a display piece anyway, i just like the look of it so you can paint it in any colour/scheme you want.

Catferret
07-07-2007, 01:40
OK, so I'm kinda mean to poor old Deadly. Thing is I'd chosen a Sister of Battle Imagifer to send before i knew who I was getting paired with. The model was kinda lame for the likes of Deadly though so I found him something more worthy of his talents. And you know the model is gonna look great when he finishes it!

calcipher
07-07-2007, 02:27
Correct me if I'm wrong Cal, but this is how it stands:

Up to 40mm base allowed
Initial photo can be put up, but none after, however do take photo's and store for the project after Scrubby has had his wicked way with it.

Updates by written description until we've the all clear.

The only part is returning the models, I think that will be consent between the pairs tho. Shame we can't sell them for charity actually!

you are not wrong sir.
I think the general concensus was to send back.
As for charity, whilst it is of course a noble endeavour I think that it would be better done seperately. I.E. I agree with Spikey James. Something like that should have been made clear at the start and organised properly. Feel free to start another thread for that in the future and count me in Dave.

scrubout
07-07-2007, 08:02
you are not wrong sir.
I think the general concensus was to send back.
As for charity, whilst it is of course a noble endeavour I think that it would be better done seperately. I.E. I agree with Spikey James. Something like that should have been made clear at the start and organised properly. Feel free to start another thread for that in the future and count me in Dave.

Perhaps next year eh? A charity effort would be a great idea and perhaps next year we could organize some such clause in the mini exchange.

I also get the feeling that the FIREBASE 'issue' is still up in the air. I personally could care less at this point, just have fun everyone!

-scrubout

Jase
08-07-2007, 14:29
I just received Lone Monkey's model in the mail. It's an Adepta Sororitas, cleverly disguised as a Fire Dragon ;)

DigitsDavid
08-07-2007, 22:26
Received plastic scout from Scrubs. He's been very kind as it looks straight forward. I'm just glad Deadley got the Eldar!

Connor
09-07-2007, 08:46
Ok, I am having a bit of a problem..

I tried to PM and email Doghouse, but on neither atempt has he responded.. I am running out of options to contact him (yes, you Doghouse) and I doubt if your model will arive at Doghouse, UK. Really don't want it to end as a chewtoy to "insert random canine.."

OK, please respond on this one Doghouse otherwise I need a new partner..

Connor

calcipher
09-07-2007, 09:02
@connor ..give it another day and then Ill repartner you with someone on the waiting list mate.

jasevx
09-07-2007, 09:03
It was the weekend, he could have gone away for it...

Deadleyheadley
09-07-2007, 09:08
Any chance we can have the full rules yet please as theres some many diffenert ones

jasevx
09-07-2007, 09:17
Last Page Deadley, I posted them up and Cal agreed with them.

Connor
09-07-2007, 11:06
hmm, it's not like I send the message to him this weekend. I pmed him on the first of juli so he should have had more then enough time.. Anyway I'll give him till wednesday. Lets see if he turns up.

spikyjames
09-07-2007, 17:38
recieved a Harlequin Troupe Master from El Diablo today, oh well! i guess i'll have to think about how i'm going to do this then.

james

Deadleyheadley
09-07-2007, 18:24
recieved a Harlequin Troupe Master for El Diablo today, oh well! i guess i'll have to think about how i'm going to do this then.

james

I see you got some eldar fun :) Im sure yours will put mine to shame mate ,looking forward to see what you do with yours :)

spikyjames
09-07-2007, 19:09
nah don't be silly.

at least we've got a bit of a challenge.

james

Melchiah
09-07-2007, 19:58
Everyone goes on about the Harlies, but no one ever knows how to paint them:p

spikyjames
09-07-2007, 19:59
i'm sure i'll manage;)

Fenriz
09-07-2007, 20:07
You need to cut down on the sugar Catferret, wasn't the only one Dave, Fenris had something of their Dark Kin!

Indeed, and im REALLY going to town on it too. :evilgrin:

Dominus Ex Machina
09-07-2007, 21:09
Hmm, Vimes model still hasn't turned up, I'm expecting it to show up any day now though...

Dominus Ex Machina
09-07-2007, 21:55
ATTENTION, I HAVE AN IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR CONNOR!

Doghouse has contacted me and sent the following message:

Hi Dominus

My computer is completely fried at the moment and am trying to hold of whoever I'm partnered with on the Warseer painting summer project.
Don't suppose you could let the guys know I'm going to have to pull out could you?
My work comp internet access is a bit sporadic and for some reason it's blocking Warseer (along with a few others) and I can't get down the local library to use their computers as much as I would like to.
I'd love to take part in this but it wouldn't be fair on whoever I'm paired of with (apologies if it's you).

Thanks mate, hopefully I'll be back online before the end of the year.

Anyone out there who could to replace Doghouse and pair up with Connor?

Jase
09-07-2007, 22:14
Connor is from the Netherlands as well, so if there is noone for him to pair up with, maybe he and I can get together ;)

I'm also paired with Lone Monkey, but since I got 7 weeks of spare time atm I figure I got plenty of time to paint miniatures.

Lone Monkey
09-07-2007, 22:47
I just received Lone Monkey's model in the mail. It's an Adepta Sororitas, cleverly disguised as a Fire Dragon ;)

Had a heck of a time finding a good way to send it. A box from another GW purchase seemed safe as any, all nice and compartmentalized :D

Still haven't gotten yours yet, but I'm hoping for tomorrow. Can't wait!

Deadleyheadley
10-07-2007, 02:56
Update time :)

Well Ive built the base and the Harliqian ,and its all ready for primimng tommorow ,as for the colour scheme im still not too sure on what to do but im sure I will come up with something once ive had a look through my paints ;)

Catferret
10-07-2007, 03:07
Nice job DH. I've got a few days off work starting tomorrow so shall be starting work on mine then. Trying to decide how I want the base to look.

Althanan
10-07-2007, 05:31
Still awaiting my mini... you did say you sent it, right Melchiah?

*******' customs...

ice
10-07-2007, 05:40
Also still awainting my Mini from Raze :D hopefully it gets here soon!

Melchiah
10-07-2007, 07:48
Still awaiting my mini... you did say you sent it, right Melchiah?

*******' customs...Saddly payday isnt till sunday and money has been tight :cries: sorry bud.

Connor
10-07-2007, 11:45
ATTENTION, I HAVE AN IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR CONNOR!

Doghouse has contacted me and sent the following message:

Anyone out there who could to replace Doghouse and pair up with Connor?

Thanks for the message Dominus, Now I know why I was being ignored! :p

Anyway, Sure Jase I'd be more then happy to pair up with you. (sure does make shipping a whole lot easier.) I'll PM you with details.

Dominus Ex Machina
10-07-2007, 12:59
No prob Connor, glad I could be of assistance :)

I just got my mini from Vimes, and wow. It is an already nicely converted Space Marine! Really cool, but a bit to static in my oppinion Vimes, hope you don't mind if I mess around with him.

Althanan
10-07-2007, 15:19
Saddly payday isnt till sunday and money has been tight :cries: sorry bud.

Gotcha. Don't worry about it, bro. I'm in the same way as you :)

Rikka Rakka
10-07-2007, 16:20
I got my mini....its a....its a....HARLEQUIN!

Sweet, but a real challenge for me to paint...

jasevx
10-07-2007, 16:20
Ouch! good luck with the checkers!

calcipher
10-07-2007, 16:23
Im jealous of all you gits being sent Harlequins!!!!!! I WANT ONE! *sounds like a tantrum because it is*

Catferret
10-07-2007, 16:24
I wasn't sent a Harlequin, and for that I'm truly grateful! :D

Good luck Rikka Rakka.

scrubout
10-07-2007, 16:42
I still haven't received DigitsDavid's parcel yet, but I'm dying to find out what he thinks I can do.

When you receive a harlequin, you should consider it an honor and compliment to your painting skills. If I get one, my eyes will bleed trying to make it beautiful.

-scrubout

sir.spamalot
10-07-2007, 17:46
can we send primed minis? I am considering which one of two minis to send today to sheep...

asmodai_dark86
10-07-2007, 17:49
:D Well his goblins are cool and I thought I should send him something thats as far away from a goblin as you can get, so a harliquin was an easy choice.

Plus, checkers arent required - I might be going mental buy Im sure Ive seen one done in ninja-esque colors looking pretty fab, but then again, I want to see something that makes my eyes bleed so maybe I shouldnt mention it :D

Melchiah
10-07-2007, 18:13
checkers arent required - I might be going mental buy Im sure Ive seen one done in ninja-esque colors looking pretty fab,I'll just point you in to the direction of my last comment about how to paint Harlies. About a page or 2 back sir :p.