6 Ghouls=48pts

3 Fell Bats=60pts
3 Fell Bats=60pts
6 Black Knights, Barding, Standard=166pts
6 Black Knights, Barding, Standard=166pts

Banshee=90pts
Black Coach=200pts

2300pts

Well the list can very easily be changed to 2250 by dropping 1 zombie and the 6 man ghoul unit. Ok I think the list has most the bases covered, it has enough magic(11-12PD) to get at least 2 spells a turn off. It has enough ranked units with the 3 skellies and zombies, plus it has the compulasry necro bunker.

With the knights and the coach it has enough flanking units to hit anyone who is in the front with the infrantry, it's got the 4 ghoul units mainly for fleeing from charges. The vampire flying could cause some armies a lot of problems, he adds a fast and extremley good support unit killer with 5 S6 attacks and hatred.

The fell bats are the token fast unit, to go after war machines mainly, but can also cause a few marching problems to some units. The banshee is simply there for the annoyance factor, and that 1 devastating scream that can earn her points back in one go.

Basic plan is like any other vamps army, raise into units, play the support unit game, later turn flank charges of oppurtunity, and if all goes badly, raise and raise a bit more until theres too much to kill.

Cheers,
Adam

mossel
25-06-2007, 15:54
I can imagine this list will work well, but your starting units are rather small, I think your opponent will shoot your troops in tiny bits and if he has enough magic defence, you'll be in trouble with so few CC units.

EvC
25-06-2007, 20:58
I'd make your Fell Bats into one big unit, it can work really well.

Plus, they're called "skellingtons" :p

GREEN IS DA BEST
25-06-2007, 21:02
Well ive never been a fan of the black coach. 200 points for a chariot that may die turn 1 is too risky for me. You could drop it for another unit of skeletons and beef up the other units a bit. Other then that its a pretty good list i like it.

deadkez
26-06-2007, 18:23
I'd swap the power familiar with the staff of damnation.

Take champions with any units that may contain necromancers for challenge purposes.

Perhaps lose a zombie unit in order to bulk out the skeles, though you will have enough invos I think to raise as needed.

This in mind, I put it to you that Lore of Death might be a good option for your Vampire, He's got the range to make the lore work, plus 'walking death' &
'doom & darkness' work wonders in this army.

Little Aaad
26-06-2007, 19:16
ouch! tht will hurt!

Word Bearer
26-06-2007, 20:42
All looks solid to me. I would however drop one of the Ghoul units to bulk out at least one of the Skeleton units, you can only bolster so many units before the enemy reaches you, so it's worth making sure theres at least one unit that is big enough already to take a reasonably hard hitting charge.

Be careful flying you're general out early on, tho I'm sure you know the risks.

Rabban
26-06-2007, 23:42
All looks solid to me. I would however drop one of the Ghoul units to bulk out at least one of the Skeleton units, you can only bolster so many units before the enemy reaches you, so it's worth making sure theres at least one unit that is big enough already to take a reasonably hard hitting charge.

I agree that you might want one or two bigger units. Against an opponent with decent long range shooting, if you fon't get first turn you could suffer (or miscast ending your first magic phase before you can do lots of summoning). A moderate amount of missile fire, like a unit of archers and a hail of doom arrow, or a mortar and a few crossbowmen, could easily destroy one of your small units, and whatever characters were in it. Losing a necromancer like this would be bad, losing your general would be game.

You could screen your units a bit with the ghouls, but you've got a fair few characters and units to protect.