PDA

View Full Version : Freeze's Hopefully Motivational Painting Log

Freeze
25-06-2007, 18:26
Hey everyone! I've started this log to try and motivate myself to actually *paint* my armies. I enjoy painting but because of my perfectionist nature, I find it hard to paint whole armies because of the time I'll spend on one squad, or even one model! I figure that by having people "watch" my progress, it will inspire me to get things painted. I'm currently working on both a Witch Hunters army and an Eldar army, both starting from scratch. I may digress into some ocassional WFB Beastmen as well if I get bored painting 40k. Later today or tomorrow I will hopefully post up a pic of my one fully painted Sister model to show my general paint scheme for the Witch Hunters army. I'm still undecided for the Eldar army's paint scheme so that will be a topic of coversation as well. Keep looking for pics soon!

Freeze
27-06-2007, 21:17
Okay, I've gotten two pictures of my test-model for my Witch Hunters army. As you can see I'm going with a slightly modified version of the Order of the Bloody Rose color scheme. Hopefully I'll have some pics of WIP Sisters later this week.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/FrozenFury/Sister1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/FrozenFury/Sister2.jpg

Light of the Emperor
27-06-2007, 21:46
Ooh that's a very nice red. I like the bolter markings too.
I'm not too sure on the extreme highlights on the back of the tabard/cloak. IMO it might look better toned down like the front.
Overall you executed well from the skin to the base. It should make for a great army!

sigur
27-06-2007, 23:53
I'm also not too fond of the extreme highlights on the tabard in the back. It's always nice to see more SoB armies.

Freeze
28-06-2007, 07:15
Yeah, I agree with the comments on the back of the tabard. That angle makes them look stronger than they are, but they still are a bit too bold. Being a rank and file model, I probably won't go back on that model, but I'll definately try to avoid that on my others. I should have some pics up this weekend of some WIP (hopefull almost finished!) Sisters in my first squad including the Vet Superior and the melta troops.

Discover&See
28-06-2007, 11:19
very nice and clean! highlighting is good, the only off putting thing is what everyone else has said on the tabard just abit to extreme but nice job keep it up:)

Best regards
Discover&See.

Freeze
04-07-2007, 16:31
Just as an update to everyone, I've been sick the last 4 days so I haven't gotten the painting done that I've hoped for. Also, I'm waiting for my brushes to come in that I ordered. As a bonus though, in addition to the Sisters and Eldar I promised, I might have another army grace this page as well...Legion of the Damned... Stay tuned, as soon as the brushes are in, I'll get painting and get some shots up.

Discover&See
05-07-2007, 21:33
use your eyes man, use your eyes lol, can't wait to see some updates :)
i'm still waiting on some pics :P

Best regards
Discover&See.

Freeze
10-07-2007, 06:38
Yes, this log still exists...I'm currently in a battle, trying to get my paint brushes from the company I ordered them from. It's been 2 weeks and I have yet to receive my brushes even though they had them "in the warehouse."... Will update when I get brushes, fear not!