PDA

View Full Version : I Havent Got The Rulebook Yet- Are Grot Bombs Planes Themselves?

Witchfire
27-06-2007, 20:26
i seem to recall them being ammo from somewhere. Dont know if thats true...

This is what i'm thinking of getting for a starting force, what do you think?-
8 grot bombs
2 ork fightas
2 ork fighta bommers

howzat?

Leunam
27-06-2007, 20:46
Grot bombs are what Orks call "smart" bombs. They're essentially missiles with pilots. That said, they do need bases, since for the short lives that they have, they still behave like fighters.

- Deathwing -
27-06-2007, 20:48
And you'll need Fighta Bommers to launch them. But you have them in your army list, so no problem here.

Witchfire
27-06-2007, 20:55
ok, thanks guys- i appreciate it. :)

Witchfire
27-06-2007, 20:56
On a different note- how is the army list?

HarkonGreywolf
27-06-2007, 23:22
What do you mean by Army list?

The Orks have Fighta's and Fighta-Bommas, both of which classify as Fighters for purposes of the game!

With the Grot Bombs as mobile self propelled ammo that's about it for now!

I play Orks and I find them to be a fun Force, but there's nothing "special" about them, a fairly basic, average Force.

We're outgunned by many, outnumbered by a few and out-teched by most!
But weeez Orks an we don kare! ;)

HG

fattdex
28-06-2007, 02:36
The grot bombs that you have there won't count as 'bought planes' in the roster when you play a game, they are just a weapons load. Like, they don't come into play until you fire them from a fighta bomma. So even though you have to buy the models for the grot bombs if you want to use them as ammo (and i reccommend you do!), your 'list' is still only 4 planes, grab 2 more fighters as well if you can.
When you buy the pack of 8 grot bombs, 4 of them are for glueing to the wings of the fighter bombers, and 4 are for mounting on AI bases and using as flying bombs in-game. It would be pretty hard to have more than 4 flying around at the same time, so you'll be ok there.