PDA

View Full Version : Daemonic Legion BSB

Izram
15-08-2005, 21:38
I'm not sure whether its a FAQ I havn't seen or if its just an oversight by GW or maybe its meant to be this way, but a herald BSB can take a banner even if it has daemonic gifts?

All other BSBs (to my knowledge) have the restriction that if a magic banner is taken then no other magic items may be purchased. I do not see this clause in the case of the herlad. So can a daemonic herald take splendour AND a war banner?

EDIT- And while I'm at it, if the BSB is mounted on a daemon-beast, will the plague banner affect those in contact with the 50mm base or not at all?

Selsaral
15-08-2005, 21:58
Yes they can get both gifts and a magic banner, i suppose it is a bit of a nice ability of this particular character. I am not positive why this is the case...maybe because gifts specifically aren't 'magic items'.

To answer your EDIT question: yes, the entire 50 mm.

skavenguy13
15-08-2005, 22:54
I guess that's because when you miss your break, you flee, but daemons only lose some wounds. So it makes the BSB less useful. Maybe they tried to compensate for this.

Izram
15-08-2005, 23:03
When daemons fail their test they dissapear, its like being auto-caught. i don't think its for that reason.

I assume its an oversight, which is why im hesitant to use/exploit it as it may bring on an arguement.

PelsBoble
16-08-2005, 11:06
Its because the gifts arent magic items. They are as stated "gifts from the gods". These gifts cant be destroyed by vauls unmaking etc because they are not magic items. A BSB cant normally take magic items if he has a magic banner, but since these gifts arent magic items hes got no restrictions :)

TAU AIR CASTE
16-08-2005, 13:20
Its because the gifts arent magic items. They are as stated "gifts from the gods". These gifts cant be destroyed by vauls unmaking etc because they are not magic items. A BSB cant normally take magic items if he has a magic banner, but since these gifts arent magic items hes got no restrictions :)

Ihave to agree with pelsboble the're not magic items.

TeddyC
16-08-2005, 14:46
Eye thats about right... a gift is a character trait rather than item.....

for example... other chaos character can have marks of chaos and saurus scar vet BSBs can get sacred spawnings.

Screamin Daemon
20-08-2005, 02:02
Is anyone else here a little annoyed that the herald can only have 25 points of gifts rather than 50 like a normal hero? I know I am. I suppose it is to combat the fact that heralds can have banners and gifts but still......I want radiance of dark glory and a battle standard dammit! :)

Rabid Bunny 666
20-08-2005, 02:29
but hes a weaker daemon, and hes bolt hard anyways, equally on par, even better than most armies standard heroes, even without daemonic gifts

Izram
20-08-2005, 13:47
problem is, my heralds are 160 without gifts. its a bit more than a regular hero. I guess im glad that he can only take 25 points of gifts or I would be tempted to make them even more expensive.