PDA

View Full Version : Forge World items & Special Rules

Chief L. Rome
28-06-2007, 01:36
Hello everyone!
I came from Games Day and I'm most pleased that I got me a FW MK IV Venerable Dread with a matching pair of Close Combat Claws! and as awesome as it maybe I have only 2 problems. 1-I don't play Blood Angels so I just can't field Furioso like that. 2-I'm not sure my opponents would appove of it. Is there any special rules to use such weapon? Would it be OK to ask my opponent's consent to use him?:skull:

fattdex
28-06-2007, 02:20
you could say it represents venerable with furious charge, and shoulder mount a main weapon, if that's your style :)

KITS AND BITS
28-06-2007, 18:46
you could always buy weapons the swop one (or both) of the arms for ,i just so happen to offer a dreadnoughts bits service and can sell you any standard dreadnought weapon for just 3 each plus postage !just pm if your interested

Chief L. Rome
01-07-2007, 14:15
so I can't field him then? :(

Chaos and Evil
01-07-2007, 17:31
so I can't field him then? :(

Just ask for your opponent's permission.

It's not a game-breaking unit type by any means, and any 'friendly' pick-up opponent will most likely say yes.

Patriarch
03-07-2007, 19:51
You can always ask.

If the answer is "no", field the model anyway as "counts as". Unless you are fielding several dreadnoughts it's not hard to remember one of the CCWs is really an assault cannon or whatever. You might need to have two army lists (and the odd spare mini) to make up the points difference between a furioso and a "regular" dreadnought depending on whether your opponent is being a wazzock or not.

thewizard99
04-07-2007, 20:53
mmmm in need of a lascannon arm, or autocannon arm, i got some going that ive never used. ill sell you them if you want, or buy the forge world ones, for a better look.

cdc89
06-08-2007, 08:57
does anyone know the stats for a tyranid trygon

Brother Loki
06-08-2007, 11:21
The Trygon stats are in IA4, page 106. There's a good chance they'll be in Apocalypse too.

Posting stats is against forum rules (so is asking for them).

Satan
10-08-2007, 05:17
The chaos dread in the codex has the option of exchanging its main weapon for a second close combat weapon, which basically just gives it another attack and a twin-linked bolter. I'd use the same rules pointwise for exchanging the main weapon of your dreadnought, but give it a stormbolter instead or whatever it is they usually have. Seems the most balanced approach to me.

Netza
16-08-2007, 23:06
i have a similar question. I cant start a thread since i just opened my account. At games day L.A. I purchased an MKIV dreadnought for my Space Wolves with close combat arm and an inferno cannon. I am trying to find a suggested points value for the inferno cannon. The only thing I have come across is the siege dreadnought points cost. I would like to have a value for just the inferno cannon so I can use it with a venerable or regular dread. Any suggestions?

fattdex
17-08-2007, 02:58
i'd suggest just buying it as a siege dread and then paying venerable costs on top of that.

james4191
09-09-2007, 10:37
Hi im new to this site and I am thinking of buying a couple of FW vanqishers to go with my IG army, nd maybe form the start of an armoured company. Does anyone know if u get the Ig tank upgrade sprue in with the complete kit,eg the tank commanders, searchlight, pintle mounts etc...:)

fattdex
09-09-2007, 11:09
i would say so yes, i have had a few FW tank kits through (hellhounds) and they come with all of the regular bits from the plastic box.

james4191
09-09-2007, 11:25
Yay, I like to make my tanks look realistic and like the modern ones, so i add all the extra tarpaulines and AA guns (heavy stubbers). I also particularly like the turret hatch, much better than the old one!

Brother Gabriel
30-09-2007, 13:10
Hello all, im getting bored with my Imperial Guard so im toying with the idear to convert them to heretics and chaos traitors.
Since there are no rules from GW as far as i know, i wanted to ask if the rules in the IA Volume 5 are good to play with.
Since i saw that there are chaos traitors in that book.

Death Korp
30-09-2007, 19:22
Or you could use the IA Vol:2 Venerable Dread rules. Why? Because...

1. They're 'arder.
2. They kill things better with more attacks
3. You can give them 2 DCC (Dreadanught close combat) weapons.

I think this is right anyway.

DK

renegade42
25-10-2007, 18:25
if your looking for some coversions forge world have things like that but if you you have a look in your nearest store theyll help try the new seige of vracks or the imperial armor update for 12.00 from FW its got FW chaos
renegade42

Brother Loki
29-10-2007, 10:47
Hi Gabriel

I don't actually have IA5 but I've flicked through it. The Renegade Militia list is essentially a Guard list with some veriant rules and units. For example their leadership is randomised each game, I believe. They have some cool chaos takes on Guard units, suh as the Enforcers, who work a bit like commissars. they also have Ogryn berzerkers, who are much more close combat oriented than normal ogryns. They can also have Alpha Legion marines as elites choices (because the AL were behind the corruption of Vraks - I'm sure you could easily substitute other traitor marines).

Railgunner
30-10-2007, 08:57
Hi im new to this site and I am thinking of buying a couple of FW vanqishers to go with my IG army, nd maybe form the start of an armoured company. Does anyone know if u get the Ig tank upgrade sprue in with the complete kit,eg the tank commanders, searchlight, pintle mounts etc...:)

You basically get whatever you get in a standard leman russ box, plus the turret you ordered...the same goes for all the variants (Destroyer Tank hunter, Alpha Mars Hull etc)

RG

Khorghan
30-10-2007, 20:31
Hi Gabriel

I don't actually have IA5 but I've flicked through it. The Renegade Militia list is essentially a Guard list with some veriant rules and units. For example their leadership is randomised each game, I believe. They have some cool chaos takes on Guard units, suh as the Enforcers, who work a bit like commissars. they also have Ogryn berzerkers, who are much more close combat oriented than normal ogryns. They can also have Alpha Legion marines as elites choices (because the AL were behind the corruption of Vraks - I'm sure you could easily substitute other traitor marines).

were can i find the rules

BladeWolf
30-10-2007, 22:07
Is it possible to order a "Plasma Blast Gun", i wish to convert a Stormblade, and i would like to avoid actually buying a warhound (i could never have the heart to separate it from its weapon :( ), though if its a silly amount of money ill just buy the actual, then after that maybe shadowsword to combat my store's warlord Titan

side-note: can you glue plastic parts onto resin?

Deamon-forge
30-10-2007, 22:50
side-note: can you glue plastic parts onto resin?

yea you can glue resin and plastic just use super glue.

Permanganate
30-10-2007, 23:13
Is it possible to order a "Plasma Blast Gun", i wish to convert a Stormblade...

There's no separate Plasma Blast Gun that you can buy, as FW won't sell you pieces. If you can't afford the resin Stormblade from FW, convert one from a plastic Baneblade, using the pictures on FW as a guide. The gun itself is not too hard, but there's a lot of work to be done - the tracks are right AFAIK, but the turret needs scratchbuilding and the chassis needs a lot of work.

BladeWolf
31-10-2007, 08:21
hmm i see, damn :( ok, i know someone who converted a Shadowsword, so ill get some advice from there, ill try in the next few weeks to try and build the gun. then ill worry about the Baneblade chassis. don't 'spose you can point me in the right direction for the gun?

Permanganate
31-10-2007, 09:48
...ill try in the next few weeks to try and build the gun. then ill worry about the Baneblade chassis.

I'd worry about both at once if I were you. You probably need to plan at least the gun and turret together.

don't 'spose you can point me in the right direction for the gun?

IG SHT page (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/acatalog/SUPER_HEAVY_TANKS.html), third from the bottom. Make sure you check the 'more pictures available here' link too.

Chaos and Evil
31-10-2007, 10:44
Or you can wait until FW release their Stormblade conversion kit in a few weeks...

Permanganate
31-10-2007, 16:01
Or you can wait until FW release their Stormblade conversion kit in a few weeks...

Oops. I didn't know they were doing that.

Darkson
01-11-2007, 10:32
were can i find the rules

Probably in IA5 like Brother Loki said in his post.