PDA

View Full Version : Daemonic mounts

Izram
16-08-2005, 01:59
1 Can a herald on a daemon-beast of nurgle join a unit of plague bearers?
2 When the rider dies, does the Daemon-beast have to take a monster reaction test?
3 if the daemon beast has joined a unit and it fails it's test, does it break away from the unit? If he rolls a 5-6 does the unit have to stay with him? Or does he automatically break away because unridden monsters cannot join units?

I want to include a Palquin of nurgle, carrying my herald in a unit of plague bearers. is this possible?

PelsBoble
16-08-2005, 09:41
1 yes i dont see why not.

2. yes you take the LD test for when rider dies. If failed its a normal monster reaction test. This may cause the mount to be unbreakable but its been a discussion if the monster reaction result will override the mounts instability tho.

3. If it lose its rider i would assume you remove him to the outside of the unit. But not very sure about this. At least i dont think the unit will be halted because the monster gets the 5-6 result

Riddy
16-08-2005, 09:43
1. Yes but he can always be targeted by shooting
2. Unsure of this but possibly yes, either that or the mount dies with the rider.
3. I would say the mount would leave the unit as soon as its rider dies, placing it 1" to either side of the unit depending on where there was space.

Yanos
16-08-2005, 09:57
Unsure of the statline for a Daemon-beast of Nurgle, but if it's got more than one Wound then it counts as a Monster and needs to take Reaction Tests etc if its rider dies. If it's only got the one Wound then it's a (rather expensive!) cavalry mount, and should get taken off with its rider if he dies. I think that's the case.

Izram
16-08-2005, 13:28
yeah, he has three wounds.

I ask only because he is immune to psychology, whether he would automatically pass the test or not. I guess not.

Yanos
16-08-2005, 13:39
I don't think he would. Immune to Psychology usually only counts against the conditions in the Psychology section of the rulebook (Stupidity, Panic etc). There are a few spell-related exceptions, but I've not seen anything to suggest that ItP monsters ignore Monster reaction (not that I can think of any non-Daemonic ItP monsters, but never mind!).