Eshin Sorcerer, Sword, Dagger, Sling

Nightrunner, Sword, Dagger, Throwing Stars

Nightrunner, Flail, Sling

Henchmen:

2* Verminkin, Dagger, Club, Sling

Verminkin, Dagger, Sword, Sling

Verminkin, Spear, Shield, Sling

Ideas?

(Also, question - do you roll for skills/stats for xp you start with?)

ale
29-06-2007, 09:23
Assasin Adept, Blowpipe, Sword, Dagger, Light Armour

I think blowpipe and light armour aren`t worth it. I don`t know what is the best choice, because my weeping blades never did anything better than a pair of swords. But I don`t think this is any better either. Maybe someone else could aid you better than I.

Black Skaven, Fighting Claws

This is a good one.

Black Skaven, Halberd, Sling

I personally would arm this with fighting claws too if you just can afford them. If not, get them as soon as possible in the campaign.

Eshin Sorcerer, Sword, Dagger, Sling

I don`t think this is bad, even though I wouldn`t take the sword. Club or another dagger would be much cheaper.

Nightrunner, Sword, Dagger, Throwing Stars

I prefer cheaper models and would arm this with only two daggers (or club+dagger) and a sling. Nightrunners become quite powerful later in the campaign, but you don`t want to waste too much money on them this early.

Nightrunner, Flail, Sling

Same here.

2* Verminkin, Dagger, Club, Sling

Nothing wrong with these guys.

Verminkin, Dagger, Sword, Sling

Verminkin, Spear, Shield, Sling

I would arm these the same way as the cheaper vermikin. It`s important to remember that the skaven`s power comes from the numbers so you want lots of cheap vermikin. I would make models cheaper so you can get 13 models which would not only give you more attacks but also make you rout later.

(Also, question - do you roll for skills/stats for xp you start with?)

No. This is sad, because "better" heroes like assassin adept doesn`t become so powerful later in the campaign. Or maybe it`s just that I never roll good advances for them...

Etienne de Beaugard
11-07-2007, 02:33
Way to small for a starting warband. When it comes down to it, the greatest strength of the Skaven is their numbers (well, their speed is arguably as important). You only have 10 warband members starting out, too small in my opinion.

By replacing the blowpipe with a sling, dropping the light armor, replacing the throwing stars with a sling, and giving all your verminkin clubs and daggers, you free up 82 gc.

With those 82 gc, you could buy 3 extra verminkin with 7 gc to spare, or you could buy 2 verminkin and 2 giant rats, with 2 gc left to spare.

Personally, I'd go with the two extra verminkin and 2 giant rats. Those rats are really cheap and with a high move are great for intercepting and tying up your opponents heavy hitters.

Darktheos
23-07-2007, 22:05
Ive seen 6 heroes and all gaint rats win games.

Myself though I like fighting claws. Start with numbers though because that means you will most likely win games like Defend thr Find, Breakthrough, and Street Fight easily because you and like 2 or 3-1 fight most warbands at the start or you can make it hard for you to rout.

His Master's Voice
23-07-2007, 22:15
For the fighty heroes go with fighting claws. The first skill should be the Art of Silent Death (as far as I recall thats the name, I haven't played in a while. Anyway its on the Skaven special skill list, you can't miss it) Good chances for a critical hit, works like a sword and buckler AND as two swords. I started all my Skaven warbands with three claw armed characters and they have never failed me

TKitch
24-07-2007, 01:46
I win games with 6 heroes and a DP. No henchies at all.

(Although, I am saving for a Rat Ogre.)

Blowpipes are USELESS. Skip it, it REALLY sucks.

Armor as well. Useless.