PDA

View Full Version : 2k Lahmian Counts

TheDarkArg
29-06-2007, 16:49
Having recently finished painting my ~4.5k Tzeentch army I'm looking to start a new project army. One thats not blue. After painting several dwarves, bretonnians, a couple of various undead and a few high elves I was sold on the vampiress that I just completed.

I don't have the occasion to play all that often, so this army is based primarily on the models that I like in the range or have conversion ideas for. But at the same time I'd like it to be fairly effective if I take it war. So without further ado:

Characters - 651 pts
The Countess Cosette - lvl 2 upgrade, quickblood, innocence lost

Wight Lord - heavy armor, shield, sword of kings (perhaps mounted)

Necromancer - lvl 2, book of arkhan

Necromancer - lvl 2, dispel scroll, black periapt

Core - 630 pts
24 Skeletons - full command

24 Skeletons - full command

12 Ghouls

5 Dire Wolves

5 Dire Wolves

Special - 625 pts
5 Fell Bats

20 Grave Guard - full command, shields, Banner of the Barrows

6 Black Knights - full command, barding

Rare - 90 pts
Banshee

Total: 1996
PD: 8 + 1 bound
DD: 5 + 1 scroll

Summoning Reserves:
20 skeletons
30 Zombies

Any advice or comments on the construction of the list would be greatly appreciated, especially on the number of models that I need to build for my raised troops.

deadkez
29-06-2007, 21:20
I've never taken Lahmia so I can't comment on the Bloodline powers. Magic item list is pretty standard (read: good) stuff.

Solid list throughout, I'd personally drop the skeles down to 20 each and raise where necessary, some folks will recommend dropping to 15, up to you and how aggressive you want your invocations, perhaps also split the ghouls up, I use 10 in one unit and this is sometimes too many, though taking less means they'll probably panic. Either way, you could have enough points to take a zombie bunker (10 zombies sitting behind your other units to hide zombies in).

Not sure where you are putting your characters. I'd suggest wight in the black knights (and these should have the Banner of Barrows, the guard have more combat res), perhaps even upgrade him to bsb and keep the banshee close, and Vampire in with skeles (she can raise more if her bodyguard is depleted, it also means this unit can win some combats).

You should have enough spares for raising, always hard to say for sure though, you'll have the odd game where you wish you had more.

TheDarkArg
30-06-2007, 00:01
Thanks for the input. How about this?

Characters - 663 pts
The Countess Cosette - lvl 2 upgrade, quickblood (5+ ward), innocence lost (strike first)

Wight Lord - heavy armor, shield, barded nightmare, sword of kings

Necromancer - lvl 2, book of arkhan

Necromancer - lvl 2, dispel scroll, black periapt

Core - 602 pts
20 Skeletons - full command *countess*

20 Skeletons - full command *necromancer*

10 Zombies -

9 Ghouls *keeps panic checks at 3 casaulties*

5 Dire Wolves

5 Dire Wolves

Special - 625 pts
5 Fell Bats

20 Grave Guard - full command, shields

6 Black Knights - full command, barding, Banner of the Barrows *Wight Lord*

Rare - 90 pts
Banshee

Total: 1980
PD: 8 + 1 bound
DD: 5 + 1 scroll

I previously wasn't certain where to put the wight lord, as he could have gone into the 2nd unit of skeletons, grave guard or if he was better off with a steed and in the knights. I do think that this works a bit better though with him mounted and with access to the barrow banner.

The 2nd necromancer was originally going to go in with the grave guard for protection and to keep moving them forward with the book. I'm starting to think however that sticking him in the zombie regiment and using all my spare raise spells to boost their size while still keeping it a 60vp unit is a solid strategy.

As for the remaining 20pts I'm debating between another dire wolf (or doomwolf upgrade) and giving my vampire a sword of might. Or I could drop a pair of ghouls and buy a tomb blade to keep the countess's unit reinforced once I get into combat.

Any more comments?

EvC
30-06-2007, 17:36
I'd really suggest making the Wight Lord Battle Standard and putting the Gem of Blood on him, it'll give you +1CR meaning the Black Knights will be a real hammer unit, and if things do go wrong, you can rebound the first wound you suffer in combat and if things go really wrong, you'll lose one fewer Knight to combat resolution.

That's if you can find 50 points for that. I personally would drop one of the units of Dire Wolves or increase it to 6 Wolfs and Doom Wolf, they're not that useful (But if you take the list to 2250 points, they're the first thing that should go back in).

Rabban
01-07-2007, 01:38
If you're not going to use all the countesses magic item allowance I would probably move either the book or periapt from a necromancer to her as she is much more survivable. Alternatively I would give her the staff of damnation. You would have to free up a few points for this, maybe take a rank off the grave guard. I find full ranks on grave guard are two expensive. Instead I shield them with ghouls if necessary to protect from shooting, and occasionally give them the warbanner to make up for the lost combat res.

eleveninches
10-07-2007, 15:25
if taking lahmians, consider using the lahmian list at the back of the army book (lets you use heros from other armies, and have banshees as special choices)

Tormentor of Slaanesh
05-08-2007, 19:22
Maybe increase the size of your knights, they are too few to do that much damage even with the wight lord.
The lhamaian list may not be allowed by some opponents, don't risk it!!
Otherwise a good list, quite balanced.

On the subject of banshees, can they affect units in combat now. i played this guy and they said banshee's couldn't cos units in combat are immune to psychology.

EvC
05-08-2007, 19:30
Yes they can, your opponent butchered a rule that was specifically written to say they are NOT immune to psychology, but that they count as passing psychology tests they'd otherwise need to take when in combat. The scream is not a psychology test so it still works on units in combat.

Also check if you can add a magic weapon to your Countess- striking first at S5 is good, but if you can bump her up to S6 or get +1 to hit that's far better.