PDA

View Full Version : 2500p. Slaanesh/Undivided Fast and Hitty - C&C Welcome

Belerophon709
30-06-2007, 11:53
Hello!

My take on a 2500p. Slaanesh/Undivided force with just about no static CR. C&C welcome!

1 Daemon Prince @ 580 Pts
Mark of Slaanesh; General; Magic Level 4
Blade of the Ether
Master of Mortals
Diabolic Splendour
Soul Hunger

1 Aspiring Chaos Champion @ 191 Pts
Mark of Slaanes; Battle Standard
Armour of Damnation
Sword of Might
Chaos Steed

1 Chaos Sorcerer @ 186 Pts
Mark of Chaos Undivided; Magic Level 2
Dispel Scroll
Dispel Scroll
Chaos Steed

5 Chosen Chaos Knights of Slaanesh @ 345 Pts
Mark of Slaanesh
Full Command
Rapturous Standard

5 Marauder Horsemen @ 86 Pts
Spear; Shield; Musician

Spear; Shield; Musician

5 Chaos Warhounds @ 30 Pts

8 Chaos Furies @ 120 Pts

4 Minotaurs @ 196 Pts
Great Weapon; Light Armour

6 Mounted Daemonettes @ 180 Pts

1 Fiend of Slaanesh @ 75 Pts

1 Chaos Chariot of Slaanesh @ 130 Pts
Mark of Slaanesh

Mark of Slaanesh

Casting Pool: 8

Dispel Pool: 5

Models in Army: 61

Total Army Cost: 2500

Belerophon709
30-06-2007, 19:56
What? No comments?

logan054
30-06-2007, 21:28
Blade of the Ether
Master of Mortals
Diabolic Splendour
Soul Hunger
- Pretty cool, i think the problem when any model thats this price is that its always going to be a risk (cos im one to talk :rolleyes:). Not sure if you have enough magic myself but i guess that depends who you play.

Mark of Slaanes; Battle Standard
Armour of Damnation
Sword of Might
Chaos Steed
- Good

Dispel Scroll
Dispel Scroll
Chaos Steed
- Good, had you considered a power familiar to give a overal bump in casting and displelling power (rather than just 2 spells, 6 dispel dice is pretty useful, its up to you but suggesting an alternative).

Mark of Slaanesh
Full Command
Rapturous Standard
- good

Spear; Shield; Musician

Spear; Shield; Musician
- You know flails are far more effective, strength 5 rather than strength 4, a shield isnt all that useful, i think against alot of armies your only looking at a save of a 6+ anyways.

- Thats alot of chaos hounds, do you need all that many?

8 Chaos Furies @ 120 Pts
- Good

4 Minotaurs @ 196 Pts
Great Weapon; Light Armour
- Light armour is a waste of points, not sure if the mark is a good idea or not because it is sure nice to have the option to flee a charge.

- Good

- Good

Mark of Slaanesh

Mark of Slaanesh
- Hmm, not so sure about these, they could be very use but i feel they may be left behind by your army, id be tempted to take minotaurs rather than chariots.

Casting Pool: 8

Dispel Pool: 5

Models in Army: 61

Belerophon709
01-07-2007, 08:34
Thanks for the comments Logan.

The Daemon Prince is a risk, yes. The alternative that I usually play with is a Lord on a chaos dragon. However, I felt it necessary to have more magic. Could have gone for a Tzeentch Lord on a dragon, yes, but then what would be the point, since I'm trying to make a Slaanesh army? ;)

The advantage that the Daemon Prince holds over the Dragon is that he shares the same mobility, has his magic and first and foremost: He's NOT a large target, which means he can be effectively screened, which brings me to the next point:

The overload of warhounds: Yup, there are alot :D Might be too many, but as you've said, I might be low on magic defense, and so it could be handy for some of these to mess up LOS for enemy spellcasters or get in their face fast.

I took the dispel scrolls on the sorceror to have to fail-safes for when I absolutely need the dispel to happen. The power familiar could be good idea though. I'll try both out and see what feels best.

The minotaurs aren't marked at the moment, didn't really wanna give the MoS, since I wanted to be able to flee from a charge. The LA was given to them since the points were there :D Perhaps I should give them MoCU instead... Thanks for pointing it out.

Chariots. Thing is I have 2... Slaanesh conversions... I don't think they're dreadfully slow and they're more mobile than the minos for example, since they can pivot and such. They're simply there for the extra punch when battle gets underway (and you'd be surprised how these guys draw the attention of Kroxigors and such - could very possibly lead them away from the main battle line).

Flails on Marauder Horsemen. Definately. Reason I haven't done it is that I'd have to buy a pack of normal marauders to have flails to convert onto the horsemen, since these guys don't come with a sprue. Annoying :(

Shields on Marauder Horsemen are there to give them a better save against str 3 missile fire. I foresee them being prime target for missile fire such.

Thanks a ton for the comments - has given me lots of thoughts for tweaking.

Anyone else?

logan054
01-07-2007, 09:27
well you can just mail order the olde marauder flail tops for 75p rather than a whole box of marauders, yeah as i said, i wasnt sure if the mark was a good idea on marauders, the upside is no painic tests (as it is very easy to cause one. As for shields on the marauders, well it worth against cross bows, handgunners and wood elfs. True chariots can pivot however insrand death to strength 7+ (unlike minos), they dont cause fear, lower unit strength, sure they can pivot on the spot however after 2 turns they are 14" behind the rest of your army.

Now, sorry what, take a lord on a dragon in 2.5k, isnt that tad ott? anyways im just throwing ideas at you, your choice to listen or not

Belerophon709
01-07-2007, 10:59
Yeah, mail ordering isn't really an option since I live in Denmark and would have to order from the UK - that means that the postage would pretty much make it just as cheap to just buy a box of marauders ;)

Well the dragon isn't really so ott - problem is that a non-caster on a dragon, will have the dragon shot out from under him, leaving him a MV4 sitting suck - hence the choice of the Daemon Prince.

I'll try out 2 units of minos instead of the chariots and see how it works - just hate to have models sitting around that I have no use for (the chariots I mean)...

But it's definately worth a try - thanks again for the input.

Belerophon709
01-07-2007, 15:11
I dabbled with it a bit, and here's what I came up with:

Blade of the Ether
Master of Mortals
Diabolic Splendour
Soul Hunger

Mark of Slaanesh; Battle Standard
Armour of Damnation
Sword of Might
Chaos Steed

Power Familiar
Chaos Steed

Mark of Slaanesh
Full Command
Rapturous Standard

5 Marauder Horsemen @ 91 Pts
Flail; Shield; Musician

Flail; Shield; Musician

8 Chaos Furies @ 120 Pts

6 Minotaurs @ 296 Pts
Mark of Slaanesh
Great Weapon

Casting Pool: 9

Dispel Pool: 6

Models in Army: 63

Total Army Cost: 2500

Before you start hitting me upside the head about the 6 minos in one block, it had to be done since I was out of special slots. I added the power familiar in place of the scrolls and removed the chariots. The Minos got the Mark of Slaanesh, and I dropped a unit of warhounds.
I should have plenty of fast-moving troops now tho, Knights, 2x marauders, 2x mounted daemonettes and a block of minos, with 15 warhounds running around. Should give the enemy something to think about at least as it advances.

So what do you think of this one?

Belerophon709
02-07-2007, 14:12
*shameless bump*

Rimmz
02-07-2007, 16:05
Blade of the Ether
Master of Mortals
Diabolic Splendour
Soul Hunger
Good just dont leave him unsupported he doesn't have the moxy to stand on his own unlike a dragon rider

Mark of Slaanesh; Battle Standard
Armour of Damnation
Sword of Might
Chaos Steed
Ahh the Armor of Damnation and Sword of Might combo. I approve

Power Familiar
Chaos Steed
Good may wanna think about Shadow as his lore

Mark of Slaanesh
Full Command
Rapturous Standard
Good

Flail; Shield; Musician

Flail; Shield; Musician
Try Battlewagon bits may be cheaper than ordering from GW. I used beast herd flails for my conversions its worth a look.

Thats allot of Dogs but with as fast as the army is I dont think 3 units is overkill

8 Chaos Furies @ 120 Pts
A Chaos staple needed for warmachines

6 Minotaurs @ 296 Pts
Mark of Slaanesh
Great Weapon
Don't do it man, I know your out of special choices but your just throwing the points away doing this. The Chariots were a better choice I think. I wouldn't mark the Minos or the Chariots if it were up to me. Both units benefit from the ability to flee especially the chariots.

I like thses thinks use em to support the DP

Good tar pit

Over all a good list has same problem as most fast Chaos lists if you start taking casualties its gonna be over quickly

Belerophon709
02-07-2007, 16:21
Yeah, I'm not sure what to do about the Minos really... Can't divide them up unless I dump a unit of Mounted Daemonettes - maybe dumping 3 of them and putting a chariot back in could work. I don't really worry about the chariot not being able to flee from a charge. If I play it correctly, I should be able to use it's manouverability to get out of the way. If I can't, well, then I deserve to lose it :D

Marks on the minos...hmm...well...dunno what to do there yet. Just thought it would be pretty important not to have them run off to a panic test with 6 of them in one unit. Maybe the mark isn't worth it if I dump them back down to 3...

The mage is gonna have shadow or death, depending what I'm up against. Can't see myself going fire in any case.

Thanks for the input :D