PDA

View Full Version : Magic Item Names

The_Dark_Raven
02-07-2007, 06:34
in the Empire army book there is a Hammer Of Judgement, with history that says Karl's grandfather wielded it.

i wanted to know if i could use the rules and points for the hammer but change the name and history to make it a hammer passed own through the bloodline of my lord and it bears the name of his great grandfather.

is it okay to do this? or would this just confuse everyone?

Alathir
02-07-2007, 07:25
Haha of courses thats fine to do, I would encourage it!

But I'm sure a few pretentious gits out there might have some pedantic problem with it....

I can see zero issue with doing this, as long as it's clear to your opponent.

WLBjork
02-07-2007, 07:49
Yes.

To deal with the aforementioned gits, I'd buy list it as "Hammer of the Raven (Hammer of Judgement)" for example.

Falkman
02-07-2007, 09:07
Of course you can, just make sure to point out which magic item it is based on (in this case the Hammer of Judgement).

Bloodknight
02-07-2007, 09:13
Yeah, make it the Hammer of anything and tell your opponent which rules it uses.

ehlijen
02-07-2007, 12:45
The background material in the books is simply guidelines. It's best to keep it similar, but in the end, as long as you follow the rules, making background up yourself is perfectly fine.

The_Dark_Raven
02-07-2007, 13:20
thanks for the great feedback guys, and i'll be bring a simple weapon with two lines of background to become the main weapon for my army with 2 pages of background...

oh yes, yes i am a army fluff nut:D