PDA

View Full Version : Flyers in siege games

Lady's Champion
16-08-2005, 19:39
Are flyers double points in siege games and, if so, where does it say?

Avian
16-08-2005, 19:53
Nope, they don't.

Around here we have flyers hitting models on the ramparts on 6+, same as other units, reasoning that the defenders are probably sensible enough to erect hoardings or to mount sharp spikes on the ramparts to detract flyers.
I figure that's the best way of going about it, as it does not drastically increase their usefulness for no points increase.
Still quite useful, though.

Lady's Champion
16-08-2005, 20:01
Ok then goodgood someone sed they were

Festus
16-08-2005, 20:11
Hi

They were in the old rules.
(ie. Siege supplement)

Greetings
Festus

Atrahasis
17-08-2005, 09:05
Hi

They were in the old rules.
(ie. Siege supplement)

The siege rules in the rulebook are a cut and paste of the old siege supplement, however large tracts are missing, including the section on increased cost of fliers. Whether it was intentional or sloppy editing is a mystery.

Crazy Harborc
17-08-2005, 18:13
Fortunately, in this case, no mention of a double cost makes it a safe bet they aren't double cost. Ommission usually indicates it's not "in" this whatever.........At least until a WD add in/on.

For myself, remembering(parts of) 3rd thru 5th editions( then having to sort out what's out) adds a little time to playing time. We (often) waste time looking something up before one of us says something like "that's out of (insert edition #)" Maybe that's because we're mostly old farts and old, old farts.

Arnizipal
17-08-2005, 19:18
The double cost thing was implemented because creatures that could 'fly high' could easily land on ramparts and such on turn two (while being invisible on turn one).
As flying high rules are gone, I don't think there's need to double the costs of fliers.

Crazy Harborc
19-08-2005, 00:31
I had forgotten about that!! I haven't really missed that in the last three years. I guess the profit margin on various flier models isn't as high as on other minies/models.

captaincortez
19-08-2005, 03:53
We still count them as double over here (in my group). It feels right when playing and we think that the omission may have been an oversight.

Festus
19-08-2005, 08:15
Which is a good house rule I think.

The flyer can still move over the walls without any hindrance and cause mayhem within the castle.

Gretings
Festus