PDA

View Full Version : 2000pts BoC army list, please help

mangustheix
16-08-2005, 20:17
Hello everyone, here is an armylist i have worked up. It is going to be for the To8G that is running over on the General Discussion forum. Any help would be great, since I havent played with beastmen before so I am looking for tactics advice as well.

Beast Lord
Slaughterers Blade
Chaos Armour
Horn of the Great Hunt
175pts

Wargor BSB
Beast Banner
145pts

Shaman (level 2)
Dispel Scroll
Staff of Darkoth
160pts

Shaman (level 2)
Dispel Scroll
Power Stone
Braystaff
166pts

Beast Herd (13 Gors/9 Ungors)
Command
162pts

Command
162pts

Command
162pts

Beast Herd (6 Gors/5 Ungors)
62pts

Chariot
85pts

Minotaurs (4)
Great Weapons
Standard, Bloodkine
224pts

Centigors (8)
Shields
Command
187pts

Dragon Ogres (4)
2 Hand Weapons, Light Armour
308pts

Total - 1998pts
Power Dice - 6
Dispel Dice - 4

Any suggestions or help are welcome

Lady's Champion
16-08-2005, 20:29
All I can say is there seems to be a lot in there- more troops than I would have thought you could get- but those Beastmen are cheap...

mangustheix
16-08-2005, 20:30
I was wondering if Bestigors are worth taking, I get the impression that they are not very good.

Rathstar
17-08-2005, 20:53
Hi,

I only have a few tips:

I would give the dragon ogres great weapons so they can reach the magically str 7 useful for getting through armour and auto killing chariots.

I would also swap round the ratio of gors to ungors. You will get spear attacks in later rounds and the models after the 1st rank are only adding to your rank bonus so most of them might as well be 4pts rather than 7 pts.

I would try to fit in some small hound units to divert units and take away the opponents rank bonus, and a 2nd chariot (as they're excellent). To get the points I would consider losing:
1 Dragon ogre (however see how they fair for you, but my 3 normally do fine)
Centigor command (do they really need it, they should be supporting a herd or going after small units where they won't need it)
Mino Command (for the same reasons as the centogor command)

However overall your list is very nice. Good luck in your games.

Rathstar

mangustheix
18-08-2005, 06:40
There are some good points there. I will have to see about getting some extra ungors or something for the beastherds. An extra chariot sounds good, and I will lose the minotaur command. I might buy some extra boxed sets of the beast herds and convert up the centigors.

fracas
19-08-2005, 13:11
i like bestigors better than minotaurs
same S and T
you can get better armour
you can field them with more narrow frontage
you can get rank bonuses
but they don't cause fear

mangustheix
19-08-2005, 14:10
I have got some serious plans for converting up some Minotaurs, so I think I will stick with the unit. I also like the Move 6, they can really shift. I am still undecided on the bestigors.

corben_da
20-08-2005, 14:33
62pts

change that to one tuskgor chariot?

mangustheix
21-08-2005, 00:06
62pts

change that to one tuskgor chariot?

Since I am doing tale of 8 gamers i have a pretty tight budget toget a 2000pts army on, so i am trying to rework it. I am very tempted to try and fit a second chariot in. The reason I took this unit is because I can use it to ambush artillery, and it wont matter if I lose them.

ironduke
22-08-2005, 08:36
Don't take bestigors in my opinion your better off sticking with the beast herds alot cheaper and more maneuverable.

Also just collect to the army and what you like don't worry about the budget (maybe bad advice for some people)

Thats what i'm doing with my high elves.

9 more days to go, 9 more days too go....

mangustheix
22-08-2005, 15:58
Don't take bestigors in my opinion your better off sticking with the beast herds alot cheaper and more maneuverable.

Also just collect to the army and what you like don't worry about the budget (maybe bad advice for some people)

Thats what i'm doing with my high elves.

9 more days to go, 9 more days too go....

I would like to be able to just run riot, get everything I like and do all the conversions I want, but from my calculations, I will only have about 21 spare. I need to be careful with my money. Thats the problem with beasts, only one plastic boxed set.