PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Thunderhawks

EndGame
04-07-2007, 01:24
The title says it all, really.

After reading the FaQ for AI I noticed it allows the Space Marines to mix freely with Imperial Navy as "they would often operate together" and so I wondered: Would the same not be true for Chaos?

They are both pre-heresy (just) and also accessible to renegade chapters and would often operate together with the raiders listed in AI to allow them a safe landing.

I ran a couple of test games with a thunderhawk in the Chaos list earlier today and my group didn't notice any balance issues (although it generally struggled to keep up).

Anyway, I just wanted opinions on this before I start painting it up for my Night Lords.

Tyra_Nid
04-07-2007, 02:04
I doubt anyone would have any problems with using a THawk in a Chaos force, but you *may* have troubles if you want to play in AI tournies (not that there are many of them around yet...)

orangesm
04-07-2007, 02:53
I think there would need to be a little conversion work to do on it. Yes the Chaos Legions have Thunderhawks and Renegades definitely do. The Hell series of aircraft (and maybe the Harbinger) are all more recent creations of the Demon Forgeworld within the Eye.

I think creating a Stormhawk would be great too - but I have not gotten a good answer as to whether it was smaller or larger than the T-Hawk and how many Marines it can carry. Also we have to figure out what armaments it has. I also think a 'larger' slower heavy Chaos transport would be good for transporting a hoard of cultist!