PDA

View Full Version : Beastmen and Unruly

gortexgunnerson
04-07-2007, 13:17
Hi

Just a quick question regarding unruly, upon failing an unruly check taken at the start of the compulsory movement phase the unit moves towards/charges the closest enemy.

Ny question is does the movement towards count as the movement for the turn or are they allowed to move as normal in the remaining moves section similarly to the lets show em style Anomosity additional movement.

I can see no reference in the book to say they move twice, but also none that says they cant or that unruly move replaces normal movement. I have heard it round the club that the double move was possible but the source isnt too great and am generally suspicious of such claims.

Any FAQs/ideas on the issue. Cheers

slasher
04-07-2007, 13:21
They move in the compulsary part of the movement phase as per the unruly rule, so no extra moves just like the brettonian knights errant.

Yellow Commissar
04-07-2007, 19:14
That is correct, Unruly uses the Unruly rules from the Beastmen book. Animosity may seem similar, but Animosity only uses the Animosity rules from the Orc & Goblin book. They are two distinct and different rules.

If you meet up with this guy in your group who thinks they can, the applicable rules can be found at...

Beasts of Chaos book, page 18, Unruly "At the start of each Chaos Compulsory Movement phase,"

BRB page 18, "The Movement Phase
1. Declare Charges
2. Rally Fleeing Troops
3. Compulsory Moves
4. Move Chargers
5. Remaining Moves"

Step 5 is Remaining Moves, not everyone moves.

As for Animosity; Orc & Goblins book page 16, The Animosity Table, last paragraph "This extra move is an exception to the normal turn sequence. The unit may still move, charge, shoot, cast spells and fight just as normal, but counts as having moved that turn."

Animosity is the exception to the rule.

Hope I could help. :)

|twynsic|e
04-07-2007, 19:21
linky (http://z2.invisionfree.com/herdstone/index.php?showtopic=6664)
btw 7th edition is the one at the bottom (learnt that the hard way...)
but anyway gortexgunnerson is right, just remember when applying unruly, its not supposed to be a good thing

gortexgunnerson
05-07-2007, 12:54
Cheers people, did seem a bit of a farse and was unlikely but always good to have these things clear. Was actually asking as am starting a beastman army. Not looking forward to the uncontrollability of my army after years of Ld 9 Dwarfs and static battlines but is always good to challenge yourself to new ideas.

Festus
05-07-2007, 13:02
Hi

btw 7th edition is the one at the bottom (learnt that the hard way...)
but anyway gortexgunnerson is right, just remember when applying unruly, its not supposed to be a good thing
You better stop trusting the Direwolf now, as it is riddled with mistakes and apocryphal *errata/faq* by pepole who have no idea what they are talking about.

Most notably A. Reynolds and the DW Council :(

Festus