PDA

View Full Version : skaven 2000 points of doom

Nickn
04-07-2007, 14:28
Greyseer warp stone scroll eye of the horned rat despell scroll 235

engineer all regular options (no warp pistol) storm demon despell scroll 135
engineer all regular options (no warp pistol) 2 warp stone tokens warp scroll135
Assasain bands of power despell scroll 155

24 clan rats standerd barrer musican ratling gun 195
25 clan rats standerd barrer musican rating gun 200
20 slaves 40
20 slaves 40
7 poison wind globadiers 70

5 gutter runners tunneling teams 75
5 jezzails 100
20 plauge monks standerd 130

warp lightning cannon 100

models = 179
casting dice = 8
despell dice = 6
despell scroll = 2
points = 2000
warp stone tokens = 8

radbug
04-07-2007, 14:55
First of all, your assasin cant buy dispell scrolls. These are only for Grey seers and engineers.

Secondly, I think its kind of bad. You havent really gone all out for anything:

179 models is to little for a horde army
4 RG, 1 WLC and 5 jezzails wont win you ay battles. For a true SAD army, you need more jezzails.
8 Power dices + eye + SD + WarpScroll wont win you the game from magical point of view. You need more for your plagues and death frenzys to land safely.

All in all, it seems like you want to make a magic/SAD army but didnt quite reach it in any of them.

Some more direct comments:
You have more then enough in dispell. Loose the dispell scroll on your assasin (as he cant have it anyway).
Split the poison wind globadiers into smaller units.
Give your slaves musician. For four points, it should always be there. They tripple their chance of rally and can actually win battles (on ties).
Plague monks needs musican for the same reason.
Loose some of the ratlig guns for more jezzails if you want a true SAD army.
The gutter runners should always always always have poison hand weapons.

Hope this helps.

/Radbug

fubukii
04-07-2007, 19:25
ratling guns arent worth their points sir, 60pts 1 wound and can be hit by anything and killed with ease. not enough slaves, no champions, no poison on tunnel team im not sure of the monks purpose either, and only 1 WLC?

I suggest rewriting the list after you reread the rule book a little bit as this list is illegal (arcane items can only be taken on mages)

Valkyrie
04-07-2007, 21:18
umm also maybe drop the plague monk and but another cannon and another unit of slave?

fubukii
05-07-2007, 00:25
a good rule of thumb for a horde army like skaven is to have 1 slave unit for every mainstay unit. also dont take skaven assassins so overpriced >.<

gerrymander61
05-07-2007, 02:56
Ratling guns are good, but you have far too many. There is no way that you will be able to protect and use four. Drop 2 at the very least, and consider replacing one with a warpfire thrower.

5 Jezzails will do you no good at all. Get at least 8 in your army and only for taking out characters/heavy cav.

You seem to have 2 warpscrolls in your army...........

I think that the amount of magic in your army is fine, seeing as you have tokens + 2 bound items and 9 power dice. You might want to drop the assassin for another engineer if you really want to go heavy SAD. There doesnt seem to be much point to him right now.

I love plague monks, however I feel that they have no place whatsoever in a SAD army. Drop them and replace with more slaves + Jezzails.

Last comment: I don't want to be a spelling Nazi because those people are silly and annoying and everyone makes mistakes right? But actually, it hurt to read your post.

Nickn
05-07-2007, 13:17
ill drop 1 ratling gun for 3 more jezzails and ill try to fit in more slaves but this is how i plan to use the army

putting the plauge monks dead center then ill have the 2 units of slaves surrounding it on its flanks 2 units of clan rats will be on the flanks of the skaven. the othe 2 units will be far off on the sides of the bhoard while sneaking around the enemy for the rear charge. the poison wind globadiers are there to kill flyers in the back if they try to march block or rear charge.
the tunneling team is bare because its goin warmachine hunitin i dont need poison to kill crew and stray wizzards.

DesertDirge
05-07-2007, 16:20
Try your list and see how it does. Just because your skaven doesn't mean you have to go horde... but it's difficult to win with.

Lolly Pop Chewer
06-07-2007, 01:29
Those globadiers are best cut into smaller units.

fubukii
06-07-2007, 01:47
ill drop 1 ratling gun for 3 more jezzails and ill try to fit in more slaves but this is how i plan to use the army

putting the plauge monks dead center then ill have the 2 units of slaves surrounding it on its flanks 2 units of clan rats will be on the flanks of the skaven. the othe 2 units will be far off on the sides of the bhoard while sneaking around the enemy for the rear charge. the poison wind globadiers are there to kill flyers in the back if they try to march block or rear charge.
the tunneling team is bare because its goin warmachine hunitin i dont need poison to kill crew and stray wizzards.

you will need posion to kill anything but the weakest of crew try fighting dwarven crew :P. And to kill wizards in a unit use posion better safe then sorry

Nickn
06-07-2007, 14:16
good point i should give em poison and ill try the globadiers in smaller units