-Musician
-Dread Knight

Rare Units

Reaper Bolt Thrower - 100pts

Reaper Bolt Thrower - 100pts

Total:976pts
PD/DD:5/3
Models:44

Just put up what I have, but any comment? I might carry this army up to 2000pts at current state, but not too sure yet...

Raffgim
06-07-2007, 18:53
Looks like a nice solid force. Tho personally, i'm not a fan of CoR's, i would ditch them for some Dark riders. Gives you more tactical options, and dark elves is all about finesse IMO.

Though i suppose if that's what you have you stick to it, aye ?

gerrymander61
07-07-2007, 02:06
Like Raffgim, CoR aren't my favourite units, however in a 1k list they add quite a bit of oomph, so I think they should stay. My main issue is the sorceress. I just dont find Dark Magic powerful enough or worthwhile with a single sorceress to wield it. High sorceress + sorceress is great in 2k, but a lone sorceress just won't be able to output enough.

Here's what I'd do:
Noble, seal of ghrond, heavy armor, cloak, great weapon or halberd (what are the +str rules if mounted in a chariot?) in a chariot. This will give you the same amount of magical protection and a unit that will hit much harder. Replacing the sorceress, this brings you up to 1015 points. Drop one shade and you're at 1001. Golden.

Timk1111
07-07-2007, 03:06
Looks pretty good.

The sorceress will need to drop an item, coz she cant have 2 arcane items.

Theres nothing in this list, at the moment,that can tackle things head on (tho the spearmen can, but they play a more defensive role). Id suggest the Standard of Slaughter on the CoK's. This way, they can charge head on, have a very good chance of winning, then ending up behind enemy lines where the rear charges come in. Id also get 6, in case some fell to shooting.

That said, Dark riders would be a good replacement, as 1k, theyare so much more flexible. The Knights can enter the list at 1.5k after that, no problem.

But as is, bar the sorceress' magic items, It looks good.

Regards, Tim

sun tzu
07-07-2007, 20:34
I would drop the cold one knight and replace them with dark riders.
To gerrymander61: I have found that a single Lvl 2 dark magic can be effective in small games, in a 1000pts game i would go with the lvl2 magic user and at 2000pts i would go with the Lvl 4 sorcerer lord and a lvl2.
I am not a great fan of highborns or nobles, they never seem to work well:(

Little Aaad
08-07-2007, 19:00
Hi, this is what i would do, it would look like this...

Heroes

Sorceress - 180pts
-Lv2 Wizard
-Darkstar Cloak
-Lifetaker

Core Units

Dark Elf Warriors (20) - 225pts
-Shields (20)
-Full command

Dark Elf Warriors (10) -130pts
-Repeater Crossbows (10)

Special Units

Shades (5) -70pts [5shades does the job of 6 easily enough]

Cold One Knights (5) - 172pts
-Musician
-Dread Knight

Rare Units

War Hydra - 220

Total:987pts
Models:42

Timk1111
08-07-2007, 21:56
Hi, this is what i would do, it would look like this...

Heroes

Sorceress - 180pts
-Lv2 Wizard
-Darkstar Cloak
-Lifetaker

Core Units

Dark Elf Warriors (20) - 225pts
-Shields (20)
-Full command

Dark Elf Warriors (10) -130pts
-Repeater Crossbows (10)

Special Units

Shades (5) -70pts [5shades does the job of 6 easily enough]

Cold One Knights (5) - 172pts
-Musician
-Dread Knight

Rare Units

War Hydra - 220

Total:987pts
Models:42

Youve done something strage with the crossbowmen, coz they arent 13 points. Perhaps you dont have the DE update? It on the GW website, in the eratta section. They should be 11 points. With these spare points, get those extra shades.

Also, why lifetaker? Not that im not a fan, but surely a powerstone will help a bit more?

That said, dunno if you should be posting lists in someone elses thread, unless they ask. If Valkrie wanted spoon feeding, he would've said so.

Regards, Tim

sun tzu
09-07-2007, 15:43
I still don't know why dark rider are not in these lists
They are the best unit in the dark elf list and probibly the best fast cav in the whole game

Ninsaneja
10-07-2007, 06:29
@Sun Tzu: Best fast cav in the whole game goes to... a huge mottled tie depending on your prefferred action with fast cavalry. Dark riders do not win at combat nor do they win at ranged attacks (going to mounted daemonettes and outriders respectively.) They can tie with Pistoliers for harassment. For cost effective march blocking, Dire Wolves and Goblin Wolf Riders are the ticket.

Timk1111
10-07-2007, 12:55
@Sun Tzu: Best fast cav in the whole game goes to... a huge mottled tie depending on your prefferred action with fast cavalry. Dark riders do not win at combat nor do they win at ranged attacks (going to mounted daemonettes and outriders respectively.) They can tie with Pistoliers for harassment. For cost effective march blocking, Dire Wolves and Goblin Wolf Riders are the ticket.

In terms of combat, mmaraurder horsemen with flails are pretty deadly. The only s5 fast cav (lance equiv) as far as i know.

The bottom line is is fast cav are ALL pretty good. I cant name a bad one...

Tim