PDA

View Full Version : Blood Bowl Portable Gaming Table

thewizard99
04-07-2007, 20:59
hello, im wanting to make a bloodbowl gaming table, which has the playing feild the dugouts and everything, but i need to know how i sould do it, i need some type of makers for the individual squares, there size and how many, i dont have the original box or anything, and the ones online arnt accul size.

id be basically having a mdf board of the right size with a 2 inch over hang for the outskirts of the feild, and then a 4 inch bit on the end for the dugout for each player.

the so bassicaly

| 4inches | 2inches | playing feild in inches | 2 inches | 4 inches |

this goes long ways down the playing feild.

then of course you have the width, which would be feild width.

but the main consern is the marking of the feild, like the little square, and the + parts to make the feild

like this

+ gap + gap + gap + gap +

how would i do the + in foam bord? wood or something?

mattjgilbert
06-07-2007, 10:09
Does any company do a sheet of pre-moulded flag-stones you could use? Some kind of dungeon terrain perhaps. I'll search around if I get a chance.

thewizard99
06-07-2007, 10:29
mmmm never though of that, but im guessing that the squares have to fit a 25mm base ? so im saying 3cm squared?

wat_dabney
06-07-2007, 10:36
Best thing is to use tile spacers to make the "+" marks between the squares - then you just need to glue them on in the correct places.

thewizard99
06-07-2007, 10:53
yeh, good point, now all i need to know is how many squares are there on a playing feild for me to do the correct size. i think one half is 13 acrross by 15 down?

jlmb_123
06-07-2007, 20:02
You could get some of that 1" square plastic stuff. I've no idea what it's for, but it's a flat grid. I'm being vague, but you may know ehat I mean. B&Q do it, I'm sure.

wilycoyote
18-07-2007, 19:20
Hi,

I would suggest you pop into your local DIY - B&Q and the like, and look up adhesive mosiac bathroom tiles. These are sold in 12"x12" sheets, each square being about 1". Plenty of patterns and I am sure you will be able to get a granite type, possibly even lightly textured. For larger boards, larger mosaics are available.

Cheap and suprisingly effective.

Wilyc

dr3amgawd
19-07-2007, 00:33
a cheap way would be to use the + part that holds 4 pieces of plastic bases together.. :)

CassiusDraconis
02-08-2007, 21:28
I know this is coming in a little late maybe, but have you considered getting a 1" / 25mm wire mesh and maybe use it at a template? if you spread it across the board and then drybrush over it you can then remove it and you would have the squares marked in the negative space.

thewizard99
04-08-2007, 17:34
hey, thanks, i havent done it yet, my dad has been making a board for his trains lol, which im helping him with and once i get the left over foam board il start doing it, ill probs paint it black, use that mesh/ tile X's for the bit or use some X wood that i found in a DIY store, but my kehmeri team is in bits stil and my orge one is on show at a guys shop.