PDA

View Full Version : Tzeentch Beastmen 2000pts 1st go

gortexgunnerson
05-07-2007, 13:08
Hi,

I have recently started on a new army well away from my normal confort zone of elite armies with heavy shooting elements and decided to branch out into something abit more mobile.

Below is my first try list. It does add up to 2000 exactly though am at work as internet has died at home so dont have the exact breakdown on me.

BeastLord, Mark of T, Great weapon, Golden Eye of T (3+Ward against shooting), Armour of damnation (Choas armour attacker rerolls all hits), Horn of hunt?(rerolls Ld for ambush)

Wargor, Mark of T, Great Weapon, Chaos Armour

Lv 2 Shamon, Drakhoff Staff (Beastherd/hounds can charge 9+ spell) Lore of shadows

Lv 2 Shamon, Spell Familiar, Lore of shadows

Beast Herd, 7 Gors add hand weapons, 12 Ungors Full Com

Beast Herd, 7 Gors add hand weapons, 12 Ungors Full Com

Beast Herd, 5 Gors ass hand weapon, 5 Ungors

4 x 5 Hounds

Beastman Chariot

Beastman Chariot

4 Screamers

6 Furies

1 Mortal Chariot mark of T

4 Minotaurs, GW mark of T

Spawn

Power Dice 14
Dispel Dice 7

Rough plan is plenty of troops and movement with a high number of ambushing troops to attack warmachines and a strong magic force. Try and sheild the more powerful units with hounds and herds using flexibility to gang up on units in order to break them in combat.

Issues

Not enough combat punch, with beastherds not negating ranks static combat resolution isnt great for the troops and such units that are capable of a high kill level (Minotaurs, chariots) are prime targets to eliminate.

Ld issues regarding panic, lots of small units may casue a high number of panic checks with only Ld8 general to keep them in line.

Lots of points invested in magic, combat punch has suffered (hence investment in Tzeetch Wargor and Lord to provide support.

Overall

I like the models and is a big change from my normal style off play so will probably go for it anyway but I feel so helpless in combat with out decend ranked up infantry that I worry the army will just keel over against anything combat ready

gortexgunnerson
06-07-2007, 10:27
Sorry for double post but have been pondering lol

Is the Goldne Eye worth it for any model no dragon mounted/out on its own? I have included it as was thinking of running around with my Lord abit but i think that he will be in a beastherd for most games so was just wondering opinions over the use of the item. Im starting to think it isnt worth it

Des
06-07-2007, 11:02
The Gaze is prolly better for a model in a unit. Also, with that amount of points invested in characters, a TZ wargor BSB with the gore banner could add a little panic defence, whilst not droping your general magic level.

gortexgunnerson
09-07-2007, 09:51
Have now swapped the eye off the Lord and upgraded the Wargor to a BSB with the gore standard. I have dropped 1 unit of hounds and cut the number on the small herd to 5 of each.

I have also made the Spawn into a Firewyrm, but i think i prefer the rules on the slaanesh spawn but though the Tzeentch one was more in keeping with the army theme.

Vomax
09-07-2007, 12:40
I have also made the Spawn into a Firewyrm, but i think i prefer the rules on the slaanesh spawn but though the Tzeentch one was more in keeping with the army theme.

Since the spawn don't actually have Marks, I don't think anyone would really care if you gave it whatever upgrade you wanted and just explained it away, like saying the spawn has gimpy little wings that allow it to move a little faster but not actually fly.