PDA

View Full Version : Beasts of Pleasure Vs Big belly boys

Briohmar
05-07-2007, 15:56
This was a 500 point game that I feel the need to write up, even though I was actually rather ashamed of it in a way... Read on.

My Army:
L2 Bray Shaman of Pleasure with power familiar, Herd with 7 gors and 8 ungors, 12 Slaangors, FC Banner with +1 Attack, 6 Hounds, Chariot.

The Ogres:
Bruiser, 7 Bulls (all in one unit), 20 Gnoblars.

I deployed my forces from right to left, chariot, Bray Shaman in woods, Slaangors, Hounds. (Herd kept in ambush.) I got the first turn, and moved everybody forward, shaman moved to the forward edge of the woods so that he could see out to cast. Bruiser attacks ogre boys, but does only one wound. Slaangor get frenzied, He moves forward with bulls and off to the flank a bit with the gnoblars, determined to get the bull charge, but forgets that I have a 10" charge instead of 8". Slaangors take no wounds from frenzy.

Turn 2: Charge. My Slaangors charge the Bulls/Bruiser in the front, and the chariot hits them in the flank, ouch, this could hurt. Hounds move towards gnoblars, and Herd ambushes in close enough to set up for flank charge on gnoblars. Bray Shaman casts enrapturing spasms with Irresistible force (ouch again, this is really gonna hurt) and Slaangors take no wounds again from frenzy. The chariot does 5 wounds from impact and 2 more from the fighting, and 25 hits (19 wounds, yes I know this is over kill at this point, but I didn't direct any attacks against the bruiser, so all the bulls died, but the bruiser had to run) from Great weapon wielding Slaangors really tears up his poor unit of bulls, who are so busy contemplating their own finger nails to fight back. The Ogres flee, and the Slaangors run them down. The chariot holds fast. The Gnoblars in their turn realize they are in trouble and move around a bit to try not to get hit everywhere at once.

Turn 3, its over. The Beast herd charges the gnoblars in the flank, the hounds hit them in the front, and the chariot hits them in the other flank. Just to add insult to injury, I cast Enrapturing spasms again, and it goes off, leaving the poor little greenies defenseless and completely slaughtered.

I was actually ashamed of beating him this badly. I mean, the top of the third and he had no models left on the board, while I ended up losing a single model ( a slaangor died to frenzy in turn 3) was just a little too extreme for me. Everybody else laughed for a time, but they all felt pretty bad about it.

Cheers

Rob

Glorfindel
06-07-2007, 17:07
quite simply he shouldn't have put his eggs all in one basket, he should have made 2 ogre units instead of one.

SevenSins
06-07-2007, 18:23
ogres generally have trouble at so low points, unless you go for lots of gnobblars... But then it won't really be an Ogre army will it...

BattleofLund
06-07-2007, 18:40
Frenzy-spell only causing one wound on 4d6 S3 damage on Slaangors is also slightly lucky. But on the other hand, with Irresistible Forced Spasms, you hardly needed the frenzy Attacks!

Heh... from the thread title my first thought was that you were attacking Plague Marines!

Good report!

Edit: you may have been sligthly over points there Rob, for a 500-pointer (616), but then again I don't have the OK book and have no idea how much they cost. Unfortunately the Beast Banner is unavailable to Bestigors (max 50 pts).

Briohmar
06-07-2007, 19:35
Frenzy-spell only causing one wound on 4d6 S3 damage on Slaangors is also slightly lucky. But on the other hand, with Irresistible Forced Spasms, you hardly needed the frenzy Attacks!

Heh... from the thread title my first thought was that you were attacking Plague Marines!

Good report!

Edit: you may have been sligthly over points there Rob, for a 500-pointer (616), but then again I don't have the OK book and have no idea how much they cost. Unfortunately the Beast Banner is unavailable to Bestigors (max 50 pts).

You may be right, it's been a long time since I played the game. I know I was legal, and the turns were correct. Actually, I think the beast banner was only at 1000 points and up for theat force, as the BSB carries it. When I was writing it up I new something didn't add up right, too many wounds on the ogres. ah well. It was a while back, and they say the mind is the second thing to go, damned thing is, I just can't remember what the first one is anymore.

EvC
09-07-2007, 13:25
God I hate seeing people play 500 point games and not use Border Patrol rules. Yeah, you took a 180 point character (At 2000 points, the equivalent proportion would be taking a single 700 point character), is it any wonder you won so unfulfillingly?