PDA

View Full Version : Lizardmen with Carnosaur

gerrymander61
05-07-2007, 22:48
Ok, the point of this army was to have a Carnosaur in it, firstly because it's such a nice model and secondly because I get to have enough fun with magic playing Skaven. I wanted to use the Carnosaur to skulk along the flanks, possibly behind terrain, and hit hard on the flanks (all the pros are going "duh!").

Here goes:

Saurus Old-Blood
B o Old Ones, Quetzl, Itzl, spear, la, mirrored pool, aura of quetzl, carno
484 pts

Skink Priest 2xDispel Scroll 115

Skink Priest Diadem of Power 100

2x 12 Skinks blowpipes 72 each

2x 10 Skink scouts javelins 70 each

2x 20 Saurus SB 252 each

3 Kroxigors 174 pts

3 Terradons 105 pts

3 Terradons 105 pts

2 Salamander Hunting Packs 130 pts

The main questions that I'd love answers for are:
1) Am I going overboard in having two units of Terradons and two units of skink scouts?
2) Enough magic defence?
3) Enough oomph?
And of course
4) Decently equipped Carno

I find the Blessed Mark of the Old Ones invaluable to my army because it is fluffy and protects the character quite nicely.

IronBrother
06-07-2007, 02:59
I would find a way to include some saurus cav, so as to make the oldblood "faster" (Huanchi's in the unit). I'm not sure about the bs of the old ones on a saurus lord. Your thing. two groups of terradons does seem a little much, but try it. Good luck

Lander
06-07-2007, 03:07
Drop the Diadem for the Darkness cube, the rest looks fine to me.

EndlessBug
06-07-2007, 03:10
1) Yes, probably, drop one of the scouts units, 2 units of Terradons sounds so ncie!

2) AMPLE! I'd drop the diadem priest and give the oldblood a mark of Tepok, (as far as I see it the guy needs to be lvl 2 to take full use of the diadem as it's HIS dice not the pool, i may be wrong) Then get a Saurus scar vet and give him the gleaming pendant and Tepok as well (with points from Scouting skinks)

3) Yep, yep yep.

4) B o Oldones? not entirely sure what you're meaning here (dont have book to hand). although commonly people would equip the guy with B o Sun, sotek, itzl (then id have to chose between Quetzl and Tepok) so he has 9 str 5 attacks and (?) 4 str 6 on the charge.

gerrymander61
07-07-2007, 01:48
Old ones gives D3 rerolls for that character (roll at start of game). For 35 points will probably ward off a cannonball, that and the albino saurus lord imho would be wicked cool. Cube of darkness is a great idea, will definately put that in. I think EndlessBug's idea of dropping a unit of skinks is great, although it might be a tight squeeze to put in a saurus scar vet. I could either drop that unit for another salamander, or trim some units (skinks down to 10 and one saurus off each, priests in there to fill up +3 rank bonus) and get a scar vet. I just dont know how much a scar vet would benefit me seeing as saurus units are hurtful enough as is and trimming skinks to 10 would make them quite vulnerable to fleeing.

EndlessBug
07-07-2007, 11:07
Skink units IMO need to be small and managable (though I see you're going for the unit str 13 needing to kill 4 to break), they're not a horde unit, the Saurus Character in the unit makes it nasty! giving him the gleaming pendant of Chotec also means that when you're charged by a chariot his str 7 attacks will instant kill it, or if you're charged by a small knight unit or a unit of swordmasters or anything really then you will have your 9 STR 4 attacks and 4 STR 5 (7) attacks before them (very rare in our beloved Lizzies army)

I meant the points from the skink units plus the diadem skink points:
170 (scouting skinks and priest)

this can go into:
Saurus Scar Vet:
- Gleaming pendant
- Tepok
- Quetzl
- Light Armour
- Shield
- Great Weapon

then buy 1 skink for one of the shield units so both will start with unit strength 13 :)

p.s. if you're going for the Cube of Darkness make sure you give that same priest the Blessed spawning of the Old Ones for that re-rollable magic phase stopper. I've seriously annoyed many mates when they think they've gotten away with that 4+ failed roll only for me to use that re-roll and end it.

Neknoh
07-07-2007, 12:04
Hrmm... why only one unit of Kroxies?

gerrymander61
07-07-2007, 13:57
Only one unit of kroxies because i have them on one flank, and salamanders on the other. Plus, I have a carnosaur in the woods and a unit of skinks to just be a thorn in a side. I thought that 2 units would be overkill. Oh, and i have 2 units of terradons. They will be able to do their thing quickly and then go and be useful march blockers elsewhere.

EndlessBug, your suggestions are continually useful, Gleaming Pendant of Chotec is a great idea. I will scamper off to place that in my army.

Lander
07-07-2007, 14:46
Nice I never thought of using the Blessing of the Old Ones with the Cube! Its sad there slowly nerfing the Reroll Items....